All reviews outdoor shower beach club discreet service everyone knows your name small pond airport pick beautiful hotel breakfast and dinner welcome drink huge pool beach area other resorts indonesia villa privacy massage luxury
Reviewed February 8, 2017

We stayed here for four nights in January on our way to pick up a Seabourn cruise.
From the moment we arrived in Bali and were collected from the airport by the hotel staff we were looked after impeccably.We were upgraded to a fantastic detached suite overlooking the golf course,the suite which had its own terrace with a large covered day bed had a large bedroom with sitting area and four poster bed.The very spacious bathroom had his and hers basins a sunken bath separate shower and WC
in addition there was an outside shower.The swimming pool is large and bordered by plenty of sun beds.A soon as we sat down the staff would appear with towels and iced water for us.
Every evening we sat in the elevated bar before dinner enjoying the stunning views whist being served by the friendly staff.
Breakfast and dinner were taken in the main restaurant every meal was of a high quality.
The staff in this hotel are of the highest calibre,several have been with the hotel since it started.The manager was very pleasant taking time each day to chat to us.
I would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank marcus c
Reviewed January 17, 2017

The resort is quietly tucked away from one of the main streets of Nusa Dua and slightly elevated for a beautiful view of Bali and the ocean.

During our stay, we felt as if we were the only guests as the pool, restaurants, beach club, and the restaurants were empty.

The resort grounds are beautiful, more traditional than compared with Amankila, and well maintained.

The beach club is next to the St. Regis resort and a quick buggy ride away.

The hotel also provides complimentary babysitting! We had a nanny accompany us to the beach.

Like all Aman resorts, the service is top notch and what I would expect at the White House.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank FIFItheWorldTraveler
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Amanusa for two nights before moving to Amandari. Can't say anything that hasn't been mentioned - it's is all very personalised without being overbearing.

It's where everyone knows your name and you're welcome like family.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SwimBikeRunGirl
Reviewed December 7, 2016 via mobile

The staff are more beautiful and caring than the exquisite resort something you rarely see anywhere in the luxury lodging world. With only 30 rooms and a staff of over 140, your every wish is anticipated and executed lovingly with a smile and real concern. The food was sublime! We couldn't get enough Indonesian/Thai food at the upstairs restaurant. Downstairs is an Italian restaurant which we had no desire to try given that we were in Bali and love the local cuisine. Our room was a beautiful Aman style room which was impeccably maintained.
We took a car to Ubud and rode bikes to the beach. Both are not to be missed. Make sure you have lunch at the beach club! One day we did a loop to see the World heritage sites. We traveled 180 km on narrow roads jammed with cars and scooters. Not for the faint of heart but well worth it! All in all a magical 3 days in Bali.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2016

While located in one of the more touristy areas of Bali, Amanusa provides a wonderfully peaceful setting to relax and unwind. The expansiveness of the property was stunning considering only 30 something suites occupy the space. The property is so private and quiet that you can go hours without seeing another guest - I frequently had the entire beach club or pool to myself.

The hotel features an almost impossibly grand swimming pool set amongst mature frangipani. If you prefer the beach, Amanusa has a private beach club just a 5 minute drive away. The beach club has comfortable bales with views of a pristine white sand beach and beautifully clear water.

While the property was impeccably maintained, special recognition is due to the beach club staff. From frangipani flowers floating in the basins to wash your feet, to sweeping the sand of footprints at the entrance to the beach, the staff had an amazing attention to detail. My glass of water at my bale was never empty and a cold scented towel was always offered upon arrival. Not one piece of garbage was spotted at Amanusa’s beach - this cannot be said about the adjacent beach clubs.

The room was spacious with fantastic bathroom facilities including an indoor and outdoor shower and a massive sunken tub bordered by a small pond of the suite’s courtyard.The terrace was equipped with a generously sized bale with views of the golf course and the distant ocean.

Last but not least was the superb level of service. While it was only my first time visiting this hotel, I was greeted and seen off my the manager Micheal. A special thank you is due to my driver that picked me up from the airport, took me to Uluwatu, and dropped me off at Amandari - Sulatra is a true asset to Amanusa. This resort made for an incredibly special start to my time in Bali.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo