All reviews faces restaurant day bed deluxe single pavilion private pool outdoor shower our honeymoon the general manager tapa bar beach club candlelight dinner tapas cooking class absolute bliss geger beach executive chef min drive free transport
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed at the Bale resort this past weekend with a work colleague and we were both so impressed by everything this resort offers from the airport pickup to the private pool. I have stayed at many places that have private 'plunge pools' but none that are 1.5m and you can actually swim in them. My friend and I shared a single deluxe pavilion with 2 twin beds (which seemed much larger than US size twin beds). The room was HUGE (2800 sq feet) and it was like our own personal villa. The bedding was divine, products fantastic and a surplus of towels. We had an enormous bathtub, beautiful indoor shower and a great outdoor shower.

The resort contacted us a few days prior to check in to inquire about any special requests; I have a gluten intolerance and I let them know. When we arrived at the room they had yummy Gluten free cookies for me and restocked them every day! When we dined at the restaurant I didnt even have to tell them I was gluten free; they knew and they had delicious Gluten free bread for me to go along with my dinner. The personal touches at this place were excellent. Everyone knew your name and yet it was extremely private. The management team and staff are courteous, professional and so friendly.

The only negative thing I can muster up about the weekend trip is I wish I had more time to stay longer! I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and colleagues and I will return!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 945amandaj
MicheleGiraudo, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Dear Amanda J

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Myself, The Bale family and future guests are grateful to receive information about our products and services.

As I have said previously we do pride ourselves to deliver high quality service in a relaxed atmosphere, kind of a family style business. Gluten free, vegetarians, diabetics or seafood intolerant nothing is too much for us to cater to as we fully understand the need for different things for different people. The fact that we only have 27 beautiful pool villas, Pavilions helps us to tailor each and every guests' experiences.

Thank you aslo for noting the size of the pool as in fact they aren't oversize bathtubs but proper lap pools.

As discussed personally don;;t hesitate to let us knoow when you will visit us again!

Reviewed September 28, 2011

This resort is absolutely top class. Definitely an ideal first stop in Bali to get over any jet lag (or at any time for that matter) while immersing yourself in all the luxuries that this resort offers. My experience started with one of the best reservation agents I have ever been in touch with - Yuni. She was absolutely fantastic and created a great first impression for the resort. I arrived from New York so it's a long haul but being met at the airport and having check-in at the villa itself rather than the front desk made everything so easy.

The villa itself was amazing. Huge private space overlooking Amanusa's golf course but still very private and this pool is way more than a plunge pool! The entrance to the villa across some water again creates an awesome first impression of the villa. Lots of outdoor space and a great day-bed, large indoor space with everything you could wish for....an awesome bathroom including a rainforest indoor shower and a great outdoor shower area also. The bath tub is incredible also positioned surrounded by glass but sitll completely private.

The service was impeccable. I still can't get over how they manage to deliver breakfast a la carte to the villa within 10-15 minutes of picking up the phone each day no matter what you order! The food overall was fantastic and the fact that the Executive Chef Attila speaks with each and every guest and discusses the food, wine and other topics is a huge plus.

The Spa was absolutely awesome. I mean the quality of the treatments is top class. Each therapist knew exactly what they were doing and it is certainly worth visiting especially after a long trip from abroad.

Overall I can't flaw the place. Very relaxing atmosphere and certainly suits those who want to spend time in their villa enjoying their personal space and just unwinding.

I must also mention the GM Michele who sat with me for a drink one of the evenings and made time to chat to every guest about their experience at the resort. This makes all the difference and is why I will always choose a small luxury boutique resort ahead of the larger branded chains each and every time. The attention to the guests and to every detail is not overlooked in any area of The Bale and I will happily recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ronan H
MicheleGiraudo, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Dear Ronan H

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.com, we do appreciate the time taken for that.

Myself and the Bale Family are happy that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope you will be coming back.

On a personal note I would like to wish you all the luck with your hospitality projects in Central America.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here during our two week honeymoon and had an absolutely magnificent time. Each room is a villa providing maximum privacy, not to mention the elegance of the artfully done stone-wood-water combinations, and green space. Clearly thought has gone into the details. The luxury of our own pool was delightful (my husband’s part fish) and we found that the entire atmosphere of the boutique hotel promotes relaxation and enjoyment. And if one somehow tires of being inside, the daybed and lounge chairs outside beckon. The staff are genuinely friendly and went out of their way to help us with whatever requests we had, from organizing a car for the day to sharing local wisdom, to tracking down a safety pin!

We did our due diligence and read other reviews, requesting a room away from the road (then realizing most of the were away from the road), and packing mosquito spray (that we didn’t need).

Breakfasts were outstanding. I’m an Eggs Benedict connoisseur and this plate was possiblythe best I’ve ever had. Not to mention the bacon. My husband and I are…mmm how to say – bacon fiends. And no one was ever even slightly chintzy. We tried a number of restaurants in the area, and had decent-to-good meals but our favorites were the ones at the hotel. The beds were so comfortable that both of us slept in every day – even the one of us who usually has constant back and neck problems slept beautifully!

My husband went for a surf one afternoon and I stayed “home”, planning to wander around the nearby shopping areas and get coffee a little later. But then I realized… I'm utterly relaxed, comfortable, and delightfully happy right here. Why would I go anywhere else?! And that’s when I discovered that The Balé also has reeeeeeeeally good coffee. Heaven. Although, really, I should not at all have been surprised; the manager, Michele, is of Italian descent and impeccable taste. His professionalism and customer-oriented guest relations are genuine and excellent. Additionally, The Balé is run as a family, meaning employees are cared for above minimum standards. This was the best vacation we’ve ever had.

THANK YOU to Michele and everyone at the Balé for such an unforgettable stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adam J

Dear Adam J

Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable article on TripAdvisor.com as I am sure it will help future guests to make the right choice of hotel when visiting the South of Bali.

It was a pleasure to have you and Adam at the resort during the 12 nights of your honeymoon.
I am extremely happy and proud of The Bale family for managing to deliver to you a great experience right at the start of your married life.

I have passed the compliments to all the departments involved and mentioned in your review.

I hope all is well for you both in Hong Kong and I hope to see you again one of these days.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

We just had the pleasure of spending a week in a deluxe single pavilion. It was serene, comfortable and luxurious. We really enjoyed our private outdoor pool and the relaxing, shaded bale. We knew the accommodations would be outstanding but we were not prepared for such gourmet food at EVERY meal. Chef Attila and his crew (especially Rastiti) were gracious, friendly and accommodating -- including making a fabulous chicken curry at our request. The Bale offers extremely fine dining and I would encourage all to upgrade to the deluxe single pavilion, which includes cocktails and dinner (breakfast is included with all rooms). I've had the privilege of staying at all three Bali Aman resorts and the two Four Seasons; the Bale exceeds them in every way. Michele, the general manager, does a great job of leading the Bale staff and exceeding the expectations of his guests. I would recommend the Bale to those seeking a refined, relaxing retreat!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a single deluxe pavilion.
Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank AZClipper
MicheleGiraudo, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear AZClipper

Thank you very much for the time consecrated to writing this review. I, Attila, Rastiti and the whole Bale family really appreciate it and we are both proud and happy to have managed to exceed your expectations, especially because of your previous travels to Bali to very nice properties!

It was a true pleasure to meet you and your sister and to be able to help you to spend a relaxing week with us.

I hope to welcome you again in the future and don't hesitate to let your "Diver friend" contact me for any tips he may need for his upcoming Bali diving trip.

Ciao!

Reviewed September 22, 2011

My wife and I arrived into Bali quite late due to a delayed flight, we were quite tired but excited to get to our villa, we had previously organised for the express pass through Denpasar, it was well worth it. Our driver was fantastic and the refreshments were welcome after our delayed flight.

The trip to The Bale isn't very long from the airport and once we arrived we were greeted by our butler who handed my wife a bouquet of roses, a nice touch. We were then transferred to our Villa for an in-room check-in while our bags were sent up.

We were blown away with how secluded and private our villa was the next morning, the breakfast selection was amazing and we were careful not to overindulge too much!

We spent most of our time at The Bale in our villa and private pool which is exactly what we wanted after a hectic week with the wedding the week before.

We enjoyed the food selection and really appreciated the menu from bliss which had it's nutritional content outlined in the room service menu.

Our villa was amazing, the outdoor shower, king size bed, large bathroom and bath were all sublime.

The gym was well equipped and transfers to Geger Beach were easy, although it's only a few minute walk away. At the beach we were catered with iced water, sun block as well as moisturiser and tanning oil, all fantastic which went to match the amazing bale soaps in our villa.

Nothing was too much trouble for the talented and skilled team at The Bale, thanks to Michele and his fantastic team, especially for our romantic turn down service on our last night. A wonderful touch, just saving our pennies so we can make the trip back soon!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank thek1w1
MicheleGiraudo, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Dear thek1w1

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad we helped yo and your lovely wife to settle from the crazy pace of Singapore before your trip to Ubud and Seminyak.

I have shared your comments wit the entire family and they all thank you very much for recognizing their efforts and true hospitality from the heart.

We also look forward to welcoming you back again.

Ciao!