All reviews faces restaurant day bed deluxe single pavilion private pool outdoor shower our honeymoon the general manager tapa bar beach club candlelight dinner tapas cooking class absolute bliss geger beach executive chef min drive free transport
Reviewed July 8, 2018

Amazing facility. Very calm, peaceful, quiet and clean. The general manager Andres was very nice, personable and provided us with valuable advice on travelling through Bali. The people who work there are very nice and helpful and provided us with very personalized service, we still remember Riska who was very helpful, cheerful and provided excellent service. The daily breakfast was one of the better ones we had during our stay in Bali. The facilities and villas were amazing and look like the posted pictures It was the right choice for the start of our honeymoon. It is an amazing venue for a couple seeking privacy and luxury. If travelers are seeking a busy and loud vibe or planning a family retreat this will probably not be a great choice.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
André P, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

Dear Ghassan,

As I told you during your stay, I enjoy by myself every moment at my hotel and I'm really glad that I'm on this with you on the same wavelength.

We have a wonderful team that always strive to meet all the expectations of our guests. I am pleased that you mentioned this as well, as well as the great food which we offer in our restaurant.

I will certainly inform all our Family members about your review and of course I'll be glad to see you again with us. Please tell me if you plan your next visit to the glorious island of Bali.

Once again thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Behind an unassuming entrance is a beautiful and peaceful sanctuary. The staff were warm and friendly and always greeted me by name. The general manager spoke individually to guests each morning at breakfast which was a welcome personal touch. The food in Faces Restaurant ( as well as Tapas Bar) was of the highest standard. My pavillion was beautifully presented (I am an interior designer and appreciated the detailing) and the daily servicing was carried out efficiently and with the usual friendly manner of the whole establishment. I also had an excellent massage in the Spa. After my stay I was booked with friends at a nearby hotel and on Friday night the Bale car picked us up to take us to the Bales Sate Night dinner and traditional Balinese entertainment. Wow, what a great experience! Delicious Indonesian food created by the chef and a really high quality dancing and musical performance. The Bale will stay with me as one of my best international travel experiences.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Jaqueline A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind words about your vacation. I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us very much. I am sure that we could become your home far from home.

We have a wonderful team that always strive to meet all the expectations of our guests. I am pleased that you mentioned this as well, as well as the great food which we offer in our restaurant and the massage treatment in our SPA. Thank you very much for finding the opportunity to visit our Saté-night with your friends. I was sure that you will like it and I'm glad that I was right. The Saté-night we started to spend very recently and of course we are pleased that you liked our culinary and at the same time cultural program. Now we hold these event every week, on Friday.

Once again thank you for staying with us! I hope that we will see you soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Having previously stayed at the Balé, I suggested we stay here again when coming for a trip with some friends, we finished our 12 nights trip with 3 nights here and just like last time it was phenomenal! We had the double pavilion looking over the hotel pool all the way to the ocean, I have never stayed at a more incredible and serene hotel/resort. Every aspect and detail of the service offered here is above and beyond with absolute beauty everywhere you look, the standout is the central pool with cascading water that flows all the way to the lobby and the rooms are so beautifully designed. The Balé is a must on everyone’s trip and definitely on mine every time I come to Bali! Thank you!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear himak666,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind words about your vacation. We are very grateful that you chose The Balé for your holiday. I am pleased to understand that we could meet your expectations. We are sure that we could become your home far from home. Personally, I am pleased to understand that our guests are returning to us. For us this is the highest award!

We have a wonderful team that always strives to satisfy all the expectations of our guests. I'm glad that you mentioned this. I promise that the next time the service will also be perfect.

I will certainly inform all Family members about your review and, of course, I will be glad to see you again with us. Please tell me if you are planning your next visit to the glorious island of Bali.

Once again, thank you for staying with us!

André and The Balé Family

Reviewed July 5, 2018

We've stayed at three other resort hotels in the past while vacationing in Bali in the past but the Bale by far exceeded all our expectations. We decided this trip to spend our last night at The Bale. As we walked through the corridor, the view was breathtaking. Coming off of the street, it felt like we had entered into an upscale retreat. The lounge area leading to the check-in desks was very impressive. We found the water feature and the lightning to be soothing and encouraged relaxation. We were greeted by Edward Gitok, the manager in-charge during our check-in. He made my husband can and I feel welcomed and made sure we were taking care of. He provided exceptional customer service and we found the entire staff to be hospitable and very friendly. We were greeted by all staff and offered a delicious mojito to drink . We were then advised of all the wonderful amenities of the facility; one of which was the spa which we took advantage of. We had the best hot stone massage to date. The masseuse was professional, friendly and knowledgeable.

We stayed in a one bedroom villa. We were extremely impressed the moment we opened the door leading to the villa. The view was amazing as seen in the beautiful pictures. The room was immaculate! The private pool, outside day bed, in and outdoor shower made, and overall ambiance made for the perfect getaway. Our evening was very quiet, peaceful and memorable.

In the morning, we enjoyed our fabulous breakfast which we had delivered to our room and set up at the daybed outside. The food was amazing and room service outstanding. All I can say is The Bale Got it Right! Just the right amenities, friendly staff, amazing food, and more to make for a relaxing vacation.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
André P, General Manager at The Bale, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Dear Ruth J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind words about your vacation. I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us very much. I really hope that next time you will have the opportunity to stay with us longer and get even more pleasure!

We have a wonderful team that always strive to meet all the expectations of our guests. I am pleased that you mentioned this as well, as well as the great food which we offer in our restaurant and the massage treatments in the SPA.

I will certainly inform all our Family members, of course, first of all Edward Gitok, about your review and I'll be glad to see you again with us. Please tell me if you plan your next visit to the glorious island of Bali.

Once again thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Stayed at the Bale for 3 nights in June as the final part of our visit to Bali. I have been to Bali many times and have stayed at Nusa Dua before in international chain hotel. Nusa Dua is not my first preference for location but as I was looking for intimate, small and adult only resort I decided to book the Bale.

Booking process as well as communication was first class. The reservation team was very kind to arrange pre-arrival set up and answer any queries I might have.

We arrived at Bale and was welcomed with big smiles and cold tower/drinks. The front office members were always there and happy to help throughout our stay.

We booked a deluxe villa which includes breakfast, cocktails, dinner/or spa treatment daily. It was good value and if I return I will book the same package.

Our villa is large, clean and in good condition despite not being a brand new property. It has a bale and garden, a large private pool, a big bedroom and a beautifully designed bathroom with indoor and outdoor shower. To have a shower outdoor in the sun is a fantastic experience. The entire hotel from villa to the public pool to public area is stunning.

We had breakfast daily in Face. Quality was excellent – everything was freshly made. Instead of a buffet spread the hotel provide a la carte which suits me better. I also had dinner at Face and Tapas. Both were good but I prefer the food in Face. Tapas Bistrol is more lively. Service in both restaurants were first class. We were particularly impressed with Riska. She is super friendly and caring. Rastiti is also a great asset to the hotel.

I visited the beach one morning. The hotel provided a free shuttle to anywhere in Nusa Dua and of course to the beach. It was a nice private and quiet beach and I was provided with free water and sun cream. The only criticism I had was that the toilet which was provided by a restaurant and the condition was below expectation.

During the stay my partner unfortunately got Bali belly – nothing to do with Bale as it’s a super clean hotel. It was probably from our stay at the previous hotel. The staff at the hotel were all amazingly helpful by arranging doctor, sending us to the hospital for further treatment and giving us additional water etc. They also went above and beyond by sending food and tea to the villa, and very often we were asked if the situation had improved.

It was like living in a peaceful paradise despite the unfortunate illness of my partner. We will for sure return as we loved our stay so much! And 3 nights is just not enough.

Date of stay: June 2018

Dear Jtung74,

I will certainly inform all our Family members, of course, first of all Riska and Rastiti, about your review and of course I'll be glad to see you again with us. Please tell me if you plan your next visit to the glorious island of Bali.

Once again thank you for staying with us! We are happy that you are happy!