All reviews family room seaside bungalow private bungalow high tide bali hotel hardy's supermarket shops and restaurants tea and coffee big bathroom friendly hotel hot water would stay again fruit platter main bedroom nasi goreng welcome drink balinese style
Reviewed May 19, 2016

Stayed 4 nights at this Hotel . It is an old style no frills Bali Hotel . They pride themselves in trying to keep the old tradition. This is not for all but the staff are excellent and the service top notch. It has several pools and is right on the beach. One of the best old style comfortable beds I have ever slept in. They aim to please. Be warned do not go there if you are expecting a Sheraton style room . The rooms are big as is the bathrooms and shower. I found the rooms clean and comfortable, and will stay again no problem.

Room Tip: old style villas best option, family rooms as for new rooms
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kristofferson
Reviewed May 18, 2016

lovely room as all things in Bali a bit of maintenance is required eg tap washers were done as soon as i reported it .
evening meal was good but only Mexican every night .
staff were friendly and very help full. no mosies.
we will go back again loved it all

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zoom555
Reviewed May 16, 2016 via mobile

Over the years we have stayed in many hotels in Sanur, mostly these days we stay in Ubud but will have a few day's in Sanur, we decided to try Paneeda View as over the years we have passed it many times on walks along the beach.
Firstly we found the staff always very pleasant and only too happy to help, our room was very clean but the shower was very hard to get the mix on the shower, it would happen but after quite a while of trying. The main pool was very good and plenty of lounges. The food we had in the restaurant was very good.
If we return I we would prefer one of the rooms facing the beach, our room while private there was no way of getting a breeze.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chrissy50
Reviewed May 14, 2016 via mobile

I'm being nice giving this place two stars. The only reason I am is for the front desk, they were very nice. Paneeda was the exact thing I was afraid of when booking my hotels online before arrival. I have been backpacking through Bali with my boyfriend and have had great luck with loving everywhere I'd been until we arrived at the only place I let my boyfriend book ( wont happen again haha) the Paneeda is run down and the staff is rude...or really just nonexistent ! The pools look like swamp lagoons in New Orleans...murky strange green color with moldy tiles and water levels low. Couldn't believe people had children in that water! The rooms are musty with bad lighting, the bathrooms are grungy and the front door had a huge gap that I could put my hand under! Ended up putting a towel there to keep from critters getting in. Oh and the beach....WHAT BEACH. I'd come to Sanur reading about the gorgeous white sands and beautiful blue water. Ok no. Not at the paneeda. They had the equivalent to a sandbox with 5 chairs with the beach walk right in front so everyone's bothering you to buy something so you couldn't relax unless you'd popped 3 Vicodin ten minutes before... So disappointing. I stayed here one night which was too much I think and quickly went over to a hotel up the street which was amazing! I hope to push this place out of my memory very quickly. This place is a budget hotel but to me more of a budget hostel. If you like having no service from the people you paid to take care of you and like to sleep in grime then this is your place. Upgrade somewhere else!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2016

Checked into a family room after being given a choice of 2, as a family of 4 we were a bit disappointed, room was a bit aged and smelt very musty, as a regular traveller to Bali this can often be the case. However on further inspection of the beds I was horrified to see the sheets didn`t look or smell fresh, and the pillows were soooo old the filling had actually turned into lumpy balls, the final straw was turning back the top cover and finding blood stains.

I met with the manager and asked to leave, he offered another room but I declined and asked for my money back, which was nearly $500, to my surprise he said that would be fine and apologised. His service was great, and we moved to the gorgeous Swiss-Belresort down the road.

With a bit of love and care and new bedding this has the potential to be a great hotel, as it is lovely and in a good location, however like quite a few of the older style beachfront hotels they rely on their old charm and beachfront position, rather than spending much needed money to do renovations and even basic standards.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family