“good asian fusion in ubud”
Review of Sambal Matah

Sambal Matah
Ranked #134 of 934 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Reviewed January 31, 2017 via mobile

we love this restaurant,the food was so amazing and very tasty,there staff its freandly,this restaurant highly recommended.

1  Thank eddy_aka

Reviewed January 31, 2017 via mobile

The food and atmosphere was great. There were many choices on the road, but this will catch your eye. The food is good and reasonable.

Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

Was an unexpected find down the alley, but what a little gem! Quality good, well prepared, tasty and good service. Putu the GM and his staff were great, always attentive and ready to accommodate our requests. The decoration and ambiance is modern and appealing, and they exceeded our expectations. Would definitely go back again when in Ubud and believe this restaurant will climb the rankings towards the top very soon! Thanks guys :)

1  Thank Timothy B
Reviewed January 25, 2017 via mobile

This is on a lovely road with lots of options for raring and drinking which benefits from being a little bit off the main street.

It is quite atmospheric with nice lighting. As ever with Ubud you get a warm welcome.

I wasn't massively keen on my grilled fish as it was quite hot with unexpected chilli. Made good use of the tasty lassi though! And the black bao bread starter was delicious as was the homemade burger main.

It was a bit expensive for what it was - but all relative I suppose, as still only about £30 between us.

Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

The venue is lovely-
Beautiful featured timber
Attentive staff.
I had the special menu which was outstanding.
I love my hot Sambals and this restaurant delivers.
The crispy duck was cooked to perfection with a brilliant accompanying sambal.
The sorbet desert was exquisite - the fragrances were divine.
I recommend this place.
Following lunch it was a good place just to chill & drink Bintang.
Come here.