All reviews cafe wayan afternoon tea money changers rice paddy large room small hotel surrounded by lush included breakfast is mosquito coils main road family room free shuttle small pool traditional balinese style outdoor shower ubud centre accommodation
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and the place is just stunning. Padma room is beautifully done in local architecture. It sits a top of a garden of eden. Bathroom is outdoors. It's right off a busy street but the hotel is set inside so you cannot tell.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2017

No secret, the word has spread, and now it's difficult to book a room here. A 200 meter walk down a small walkway from the noisy road and you enter the Eden like "beautiful garden" of Kebun Indah, and into the realm of the friendliest folks of Bali. A variety of rooms available, and all at a decent price. The breakfast is well prepared, delicious and very filling. The rooms descend down to the bottom of the property where a small pool offers a refreshing spot to cool off and relax. It's ALL good here.....enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2017

We loved our stay at Kebun Indah. From the moment we arrived we were greeted like family. Our luggage was personally carried to our rooms along a path that passed a rice paddy and we knew from those early moments that we'd made the right decision. The place is beautifully positioned in a rice paddy with lots of flora and fauna, although each individual guest house feels private. Breakfast and afternoon tea were amazing. We especially like the pancakes and black rice pudding but we also looked forward to afternoon tea when we could sample a different treat, from biscuits, to cake and coconut filled pandan pancakes. The accommodation is a little dated but the aircon and bedroom were fine for our requirements. The bathroom with extendable shower head was a little tricky to use when it came to shampooing hair. You had to kneel to rinse your hair out. The water pressure was also not very strong but for the 3 days we were there we didn't find it too much of an inconvenience. We used the pool daily and it was lovely, especially on the muggy days we experienced. The service is second to none. The staff are really polite and go out of their way to help. We left our sons sandals in the driver's car, though initially thought we had left them in the restaurant. They offered to call the restaurant, allowed me to speak to manager and when we realised they were left behind with one of their drivers, made sure they were promptly returned to us before our departure the next day. The free shuttle service is really handy as it is quite a walk into town. We dined in their restaurant Lake Leke the first night and were treated to the Kecek fire dance, which our 5 yr old absolutely loved. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Our foom was mid way between the entrance to the hotel and the pool. I think we'd prefer to be closer to the pool in future. Wherever you stay, you won't regret it and the friendly service and great food, warrant a return. Looking forward to when we can come back to this gem of a place. Thanks Kebun Indah for making our stay in Ubud that little bit special. xx Daniela

Room Tip: Mangu Maddu overlooks the rice paddy so you can catch sunrise and sunset
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2017 via mobile

We love love love Kebun Restaurant. We got caught in the rain there and spent hours at the restaurant loving every second. The staff are so friendly and attentive. The place is decked out impeccably and the food and cocktails could not be faulted. Our go to's were the calamari paired with the beetroot salad ohhh so good!!!! Can't wait to be back guys :)

Paul and Terri

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2016 via mobile

Kebun Indah has been one of those rare places that I can call home. Even though I haven't been back to Ubud and Kebun Indah for over two years, the staff such as Ibu Molly and Abang Yende always remember me and greeted me warmly like a long lost relative when I stayed at the Sandat room a few days ago.

Sure Ubud has severely changed over the past years and Jalan Hanoman is seeing more traffic than before, while nearby restos have disappeared or moved (was disappointed when I learned that Kagemusha moved to another location), but Kebun Indah has still retained its charms - though, the once pristine padi field in front of the hotel has now been affected by construction.

The last time I stayed in Sandat was over four years ago and I was so glad that I got the chance to stay in this room again, even though the bathroom has a resident Kermit. Breakfast and tea were as delicious as I remembered, and gardens immaculate. One of my favorite places ever! Just hope it remains the same in a year or two.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo