Review Highlights
Cooking Class

This might be our favorite experience in Bali so far! Do it! Wayan and Made and family are warm... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Explore618297
Montana
via mobile
Best Experience in Ubud -Nature Cooking

A totally new experience of cooking with the nature. Wayan and his family is very hospitable and we... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Amyadrina87
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Ubud
from US$52.00
from US$30.00
from US$59.25
More Info
All reviews rice local market making coconut growing process learned how welcome drink outdoor kitchen family house afternoon session learning how fresh ingredients from scratch pancakes market visit step by step a lot of fun highlight of our trip
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We had a wonderful experience here. We had a group of 5. Starting at pick up, our driver was very prompt and talkative with us. He answered all of our questions along the way to the market. We loved walking the market and seeing all the ingredients, but appreciated that we weren't buying anything there! Our stomachs probably wouldn't have held up to the market food too well. Our guide as very informative there, and as well as at the rice fields. He even offered to take a picture of us. Once at the cooking class, our instructor was very informative and funny! The compound is beautiful, and we enjoyed making all the food with the assistance of the whole family. Best part was devouring the fruits of our labor. They gave us all the recipes to take home - can't wait to cook them for our friends and family! I highly recommend this experience to anyone staying in the area.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I had a great experience with the cooking class. The instructions were clear with a strong focus on the ingredients. Everyone got the chance to work on all dishes. The food turned out great and we had a great lunch.

The teacher was really passionate about the food whic made the experience great. After the workshop I requested a digital copy of the recipes by mail, and I received them whitin the hour. So great service!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018

This was a really fun informative lesson which started by being picked up from my accommodation at 7.45am and along with the other participants, visiting a local market. Our guide explained and introduced us to new vegetables. We then went to their rice field and were shown how they harvest the rice. Along then to Periuk's home where a huge kitchen and working area awaited us. We learned how to make Balinese pastes, coconut oil, satay sauce and green pancakes. We finished off by having a lovely feast of everything we had cooked. The surroundings are divine being in the middle of the tropical forest. There was lots of humour to accompany the lesson. I would definitely recommend spending half a day here, and the value is fantastic compared to some other cooking schools.

1  Thank getupandgogo61
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

We had an awesome day, it was great for everyone no matter cooking skill level. The staff were super friendly and had a great sense of humour :) It’s a must do !

1  Thank 285jons
Reviewed March 28, 2018

The experience of the day was amazing. From the moment I was picked up, I felt comfortable and was ready for the day. The knowledge gained from the market, as well as the rice field, definitely filled in some questions. Once you arrive at the beautiful property and are told of traditional family homes and invited to sit and create your own blessing, it truly becomes as they say " a family". The rest of the day was learning about the amazing tastes and laughing with new friends. The final part is the partaking in what you have collectively created. You will leave fully satisfied and definitely be trying it at home. I highly recommend this adventure, and I thank I Wayan Sukarnaya and his wonderful family, for this experience. Suksma

1  Thank Jason H