Villa Agung Khalia has surpassed my expectations! There are so many positive things to say about my experience it seems challenging to express in words but, I will begin with the staff. They are everything you could want...welcoming, generous, respectful, and accommodating in every way. They make their presence subtly known, to allow guest privacy, while offering full assistance whenever needed. They have an unobtrusive, but sincere, manner for which they go about their work and it sets the tone for a beautiful place to stay. I was beyond impressed by the level of cleanliness, comfort, and security found here.
The staff of friendly faces alongside breakfast, overlooking the rice patties, made for gorgeous mornings! The view from our balcony was picturesque and our private crystal clear pool enticed us for many a midday and evening swims! The staff was greatly helpful in coordinating trekking adventures, transportation, and divulging the "must see" island spots. But, on most days we found ourselves missing the Villa because we were equipped with everything we could have possibly needed or wanted.
I loved the spacious nature of the rooms, the functionality of the kitchen, and the relaxing outdoor area. Great western style bathrooms featured hot showers (which i was definitely a fan of), beds that made me sleep better than I had in years, and great wi-fi connection! They offer impressive massages (minutes away from your front door) and an array of delicious food, Indonesian and Western, at the on site restaurant. The exterior landscape of this place is absolutely stunning and almost immediately after we were welcomed in it felt like an "enhanced home away from home"!
This was absolutely what I would consider the "ideal" location. The villa is situated beautifully amidst serene rice fields and I loved that it enabled me the experience of living in a "traditional Balinese village". Furthermore, it allowed easy access to the culturally artistic mood in town where transportation to and from, is no more than 10 minutes, and never an issue. I was especially keen on having the balcony space to practice yoga (or meditation) with the option to do a morning jog, or bike ride, through the surrounding village. I suppose this is why I find it an "ideal" place to stay... because it assists guests in making their stay exactly what they want it to be.
The vibe at the villa is warm and welcoming, on every level, as were the other guests we met. I was so impressed with my experience that I have returned, and am writing this review poolside, relishing in a double dose of Villa Agung Khalia goodness! Many thanks goes out to this incredible staff and place. It is highly recommendable for travelers seeking a true Balinese treasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Agung Khalia consists of a new 3-bedroom and 6-bedroom villa, each with private pool and panoramic rice field views located 4km (10 minutes) northeast of central Ubud. The villas blend elements of traditional Balinese style and tropical outdoor living. An engineered vent design creates a natural cool environment day and night, with air-con as a back-up for those that prefer. Experience traditional Balinese culture from the comfort of your luxury villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Villa Agung Khalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Agung Khalia Hotel Ubud
- Villa Agung Khalia Ubud, Bali