All reviewsmobile phonerice paddiesprivate poolevery morningminutes by carpeaceful retreatindonesian breakfastubud townfree shuttleguruvilladriverducksbalifieldculturetransport
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I don't even know where to start when complimenting this villa!! The staff (nothing was ever too much for any of the incredible staff at the villa, particularly Guru, Ketut, Nyoman and Putu!) , cleanliness, serenity, space...everything was just so wonderful.

From the moment we were picked up from the airport by Ketut, I knew it was going to be a special place and it didn't disappoint. We arrived late at night and didn't get to see our surroundings, but waking up the next morning to the view of the rice paddies was breathtaking!

I had my birthday at the villa and the staff surprised me by organising a cake for me...I couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday than in this amazing villa.

We stayed for four nights and were almost in tears when we had to leave. This is what customer service is all about!

I cannot wait to go back!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank jelabean
Reviewed December 11, 2012

A group of us stayed here for 6 days early September 2012 After a wonderful stay in Seminyak in a beautiful villa and were expecting alot from where we had just stayed, and this place was awesome and the staff were brilliant and could not do enough for you, The villa itself was lovely and comfortable and the pool was awesome and having been to Bali before but not having visited this part before I will be back to ubud again and staying here again.I would highly recommedn it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay for a few days. We recently visited as a group of 6 in Villa 2 and for most people in the group it was their first trip to Asia nevermind Bali so weren't sure what to expect but could not have asked for more from Villa Agung. The villa itself was huge and had everything you needed, the surroundings were beautiful and the staff could not do enough to help. No doubt about it next trip to Bali we will certainly stay here. It was so easy to get in and out of Ubud which we were suprised of how much choice of restaurants and shops there was and lazing by the pool overlooking rice paddies was paradise. The UK based part of the group are keen to fly over again next year from the UK to stay here again it was that good.

The only (very minor) issue was that we were staying in Villa 2 as Villa 1 was fully booked and it had a shared pool which worked out fine for us as the people in Villa 3 when we were there were on day trips a lot but if there was another group of 6 who wanted to spend a day by the pool as well it wouldn't have been as good as there are only 3 sun beds and not a huge amount of room around the pool. If we were to go as a big group again i would propably make sure i can get into Villa 1 just in case.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Plan104
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I travel for a living and have stayed at many different accommodations and never have I come across such an amazing place. After a rough stay in seminyak we (myself and two friends) set off to Ubud. We were picked up from our accommodation and transported to the villa by a very knowledgeable and friendly Agung Khalia staff member. We made multiple stops on the way to various places of interest. Upon arrival we were greeted by the lovely Guru who went above and beyond by helping us track down a stolen wallet (in Seminyak). We decided to stay in Ubud to be closer to the adventure activities Bali has to offer...However...We loved our accommodation so much we barely left! The beautifully kept gardens, serene surroundings, emmaculate villas, amazing private pool and by far the most attentative, caring staff make Agung Khalia by far one of the closet places to heaven on earth! This place was absolutely perfect I don't have any critisisms what so ever. This place caters to everyone, All staff members have a "can do" attitude and are some of the most kind natured people I have ever met. I have suggested this place to many of my colleagues who have cancelled other bookings in order to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eriferry
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I found this villa on Tripadvisor where it has glowing reviews. After a five-day stay I say: it is better than even the best review.

The owners responded to all my emails quickly and helpfully. When I had to arrive Bali a day later than planned, they took that day off my bill – extremely and uncommonly decent.

The villa itself was gorgeous and perfectly suitable for sharing because both bedrooms with their luxurious bathrooms were the same size and quality. They were in separate wings, connected by a very spacious living room.

The endless swimming pool at the villa was a joy. If you like to swim without a swimsuit, book Villa Maia, which is their most private unit, surrounded by a tall wall.

Breakfasts at the resort’s small but charming restaurant were tasty and interesting. Be sure to order some lunches and dinners to be brought to your villa – they do a great job, delivering one dish at a time.

The staff is super friendly and most speak good English. I went on a trek in the rice paddies that surround the villa with Guru, their manager. It was such an interesting morning that I asked him for a second trek, taking a different trail.

When you land in Bali, the airport is crazy, the coast is crazy, and even good old Ubud is becoming hectic; but when you come to this villa, the time slows down and flows like honey. This villa is a place of luxury, softness and kindness.

PS: this is my review #100 on Tripadvisor – I wanted it to be about something outstanding, like this villa!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo