All reviews outdoor bathroom putri bali kopi kats neka museum king studio naughty nuris half hour walk base to explore stone bath four poster central ubud art galleries within walking distance solo traveller rent a scooter breakfast was included air con
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

I like this part of Ubud as is quieter but not too far from the center. Chose this place because it was close to my favourite spa.

Had a spacious room only for myself, so it was relaxing. It is very clean with standard facilities. The bathroom is outside, which is nice as we don’t normally take shower outside.

Breakfast is standard and you can also ask for earlier breakfast if you want to leave earlier.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

Room 8 “Studio” has a terrace with a wee rice paddy view but otherwise the rooms have a closed-in feel. King Studio down from room 8 is Big and has a passable kitchenette but is gloomy. Bathroom and kitchen are enclosed and without ventilation so no wonder there is green stuff growing on the stone wall of the shower. Unopened skylight above shower allows anyone in 2nd floor of property next door a full view of you in shower and absolutely nothing you can do about it! Equally creepy about the Bottom floor king studio is that if you are standing at the kitchen sink you can see right into the next door ‘executive’ room’s BED!!! So if you book the executive. Room you’d better shut that curtain !!
I truly hate to expose these flaws online because the staff are a nice team. But I feel these are issues that could mess up someone’s holiday to an extreme degree.
Okay, now some things the staff could improve. The kitchenette has a mini fridge (adequate), a grotty old microwave with a Hong Kong / UK style electrical plug on it (I suppose you have to get the adaptor from front desk), electric kettle (yay), and a double sink (nice especially if no one is using the bed next door). But even though there is no gas burner the kitchen has a single Teflon frying pan... better not stick that in the microwave. Honestly it just felt as though management read earlier guest complaints here and told some clueless bell boy to go buy more stuff for the kitchen because that’s what guests are cranking on about.
Air con works great, safe box was out of batteries and the key in its lock did not belong with that box... oh my! Bed super firm which I like. King studio is the last room so you actually get a little pre sunset color round about 5pm, which other guests won’t experience. No shared walls with other rooms, so noise is not a factor. Was told breakfast started at 8 (in Bali that is I fairly late) so like a good little guest I didn’t show up until 8:01 but other guests were there already being served so I guess a person can push it a little.
No wastebasket in kitchen and the one in the bathroom is unlined wooden thing which I couldn’t bear to use for a banana peel.
Pool clean but small. No way can more than 7 people use lounge chairs at pool. Decent location near great restaurants but a long walk to heart of town. Good spa next door.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

My two friends and I stayed in this villa while backpacking around Bali and RVJ was amazing. The rooms are so cute and clean with beautiful outdoor showers. The pool is perfect, lots of sun and places to lounge. The staff were wonderful, booking us cars to get around Ubud when we needed them and very knowledgeable about the things to do in the area. The villa is also within walking distance of the main area and about a 15-20min walk to Ubud’s main market. We loved our stay here and highly recommend it to anyone going to Ubud! Thank you RVJ!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

The dirtiest hotel I’ve ever seen! No room exchange and no money refund. Pictures on booking.com were like 5* hotel. What an awful situation! Sad-sad-sad. But breakfast was delicious and pool was nice.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank Enelin G
Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

Very nice relaxed nice gardens lovely vegetarian restaurant also convenient to ubud centre many walks and restaurants around rice paddys walks behind hotel friendly helpful staff nice quiet assortment of different rooms and villas

Date of stay: January 2018