“Good food, service was lacking”

Ibu Rai Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #146 of 894 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian, European, Indonesian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our menu is specially selected for nutrition and natural flavors using the best and the freshest ingredients. We hope our pleasing presentation and friendly service will add enjoyment to your meal.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We went to Ibu Rai for dinner a couple of weeks ago - the space is charming and we immediately felt endeared by the story at the front of the menu. As we walked to our table, it looked like everyone around was enjoying their food and we were excited to choose from among the many dishes on the menu. The food was beautifully presented and delicious; only downside was that we were completely finished with our meals before my drink arrived (and that was after my husband had to get up and ask for it, since nobody came back to our table while we were eating, despite our efforts to gain their attention). Disappointing and, while we would may give it another try next time, there are so many options in Ubud, it may just not make the cut!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,652)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Lovely looking place and the staff are helpful without being invasive. In terms of the menu and the food...not so good. The menu surprised us as it's just odd...very few Indonesian dishes and ended up with calamari as a starter, nicely cooked but quite pedestrian. Dad's prawn and avocado salad turned into a prawn and mango salad which looked good and he declared it tasty. For mains I went for a Mie Goreng - thought it would be amazing...nope...instant noodles...which I hate in any restaurant. Dad had the fish special which he really enjoyed. For me it would've been a 2/5 based on what I was given but dad's choices made me give it one more.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Busy place but all for a good reason. Everything we had (Vietnamese spring rolls, deep fried eggplant, barramundi and beef Thai curry) was delicious although some first choices were not available. Their signature dessert called chocolate turmeric mousse should not be missed - no worries it’s very light. Neither ginger flower ice cream :) I would definitely go back as the food was more on gourmet side.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dining experience at Ibu Rai . The food was delicious and the service was excellent. The beef curry was amazing and the Vietnamese spring rolls were the best I have ever had!

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Good restaurant with big rooms , food have good quality also and the prices are similar to the average in the area. Good tongo with family and friends. Try the chocolate mousse.