New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ONEWORLD retreats Kumara

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ONEWORLD retreats Kumara
Ranked #4 of 481 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Absolutely fantastic. Would highly recommend. An experience I will never forget

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Indonesian first
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

My time at the retreat in Bali was so much more than just a trip. It was a journey on so many levels--physically with new types of yoga, culturally, emotionally and spiritually. The staff at the retreat are beautiful, loving, attentive and so very gracious. I was not much into meditating before going but I found myself totally immersed and have continued my practice. Iyan was not just our yoga practice instructor but our guide, leader, and mentor. He gave all of himself to us and it was a true gift. Loved the peace and quiet and thoroughly enjoyed the massages and facials at the spa. Left there everytime feeling like royalty. The food was heavenly--fresh, local, and creative. The open air yoga pavilion helped us take our practice to a whole new level. I felt deeply affected by the ceremonies and grateful to have had this opportunity.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Lorna L
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

The yoga, food, spa treatments, service, all the staff, location, rooms and environment.......all wonderful. Everything is perfectly and very professional arranged up to the smallest detail. A wonderful experience.
Hope to come here again.
Thanks dear Iyan, Wyan, Claude en all the staff, you are amazing together! Love you all.

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I booked Kumara to see, feel and experience Bali for my first visit. Along with also hoping to re-find my vigour to towards life & passion for exercise, that I once had. We all lead busy lives and often our health takes a back step along with self-rewarding ourselves I do not mean with materialistic way.
I was pleasantly surprised with Kumara it went beyond all of my expectations. The whole environment was one of peace and tranquillity that was not forced or artificial. They yoga was exceptional in a setting like no other that I have experienced. Thank so much Iyan and your fabulous assistant Wayan. Thanking Claude as well, for such a wonderful cultural introduction that you gave us all, I now feel that I understand Bali spiritual side. Thanks you as well to all of the staff from the cleaners, laundry, to the cooks, drivers and reception staff who were all so professional in every way and able to assist instantly whenever you required anything at all. Not only that they remembered every ones name. The rooms were magical rather like being in the setting of Shakespeare’s Mid Summers Night Dream with incredible out looks overlooking the most wonderful scenery. The food and menu was like no other that I have experienced before with mouth-watering tranquilising taste sensation’s exploding with every bite taken. The complementary massages were not only 100% professional and the best I have ever experienced but they also took me far beyond the universe that I normally reside in with a close of an eye I was soon drifting far away..

I can highly recommend that if you want to share a week with some like-minded fascinating people from all walks of like & doing yoga in the most wonderful setting, along with other activities, that Kumara includes such as bike riding walking through rice paddies. You will have one memorable experience and you will want to return. I am now 100% so relaxed and can not stop smiling when ever I recall the retreat. I will be back..

Room Tip: Rooms that are slightly away from the others. Room 9 & 7 are very quite. Some also have the most...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ningaloo2006
Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Great food - great sightseeing - great SPA- wonderfull people -......everything was perfect !!!
And the yoga lessons were even more than perfect. go and see for yourself - yo are worth it.
Pascale

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pascale M
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

My wife and I travelled to Bali in July/August of 2008 in hopes of great adventure and a new understanding of how we are all connected. The only regret we have about visiting Claude and Iyan at their retreat near Ubud was we visited them at the end of our vacation. If we .... no, when we visit Bali again we will make Claude and Iyan our first visit. The yoga classes led by Iyan connected with every student and allowed the individual to push beyond their limitations and grow physically and mentally. All of the visits to the different cultural ceremonies, volcano, bike ride through rural villages, walks through rice fields, and the day of silence made us fall in love with Bali even more. OneWorld Retreats is a fantastic adventure that will exceed all expectations. They'll also teach you how to live without expectations, but to enjoy the present moment as the best moment yet.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bigboynoise
Busselton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

This is the retreat to do even if you think you don't need it. It has exercise, healthy and delicious food, soul searching supported with wisdom, pampering and friendship. This retreat has set us all up for letting go and moving on in 2012.

Room Tip: The Teacher's room has an outdoor shower/bath but other rooms a balcony overlooking rice fields...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo