“Great place to stay in Ubud”
Review of Brata 1 Guesthouse

Brata 1 Guesthouse
Ranked #376 of 568 Ubud B&B and Inns
Sapporo, Japan
“Great place to stay in Ubud”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

It was my first time in Bali and I'm glad that Brata was my first stop! The staff were very friendly and helpful, as they booked tours for me and even acted as my own private transportation once! I also met quite a few friendly fellow travelers that were also staying at Brata. I had a very large private guesthouse that I got for a very reasonable price. Luxury it is not, but it's very clean, comfortable, and spacious.The only thing some travelers may want to be aware of is they have a dog. It's harmless but it does bark at you if you come back late at night. It's good security though, and I always felt safe. Brata is a great place for single travelers on a budget! I will recommend it to all my friends and hopefully one day I will be back!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sapa
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Well what can I say about Brata 1? It’s both very good and very interesting. This is my 2nd year staying in Ubud. And some things never change. For example, the Balinese boys and men are walking and talking Freudian slips. Whether that’s an act or not, I’m not sure. But anytime, anyplace, you are sure to encounter those who are all too willing to confirm that stereotype. I know. It gets tiring after a while. Case in point. Yande. On the other hand, Ketut, who cleans like it’s nobody’s business, excises discretion and yet still manages to play the field only he knows how. The manager, Agus, has the most dead-pan human of anyone in Bali. In short, they are endlessly entertaining treasures. Without whom the place will not run. I must say the owners, as well as us guests, are very lucky.

Winnipeg
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I loved my stay at Brata 1 guesthouse! Yande picked me up at the airport and I was able to relax on the hour ride back to Ubud from the airport. I had a room on the 2nd floor which has two balconies one facing the family compound and one that faces ricefields. The room is basic but very spacious and airy! Excellent place to practice yoga in the morning with the morning sun coming into the room.
The family and staff are the friendliest people I've met in Bali and there are many! Yande, Ketut and August always have a smile on their face and are so nice to talk to. They are very knowledgeable about Balinese culture and are always willing to help you out!
Breakfast is delicious! I usually had the banana jaffles with fresh fruit and coffee on my balcony.
You will feel safe and taken care of here. High recommend to anyone travelling to Ubud!

Hampshire
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Lovely homestay in a central location on Hanoman street. Basic but clean rooms including a nice breakfast and very cheap too. The staff are very friendly and extremley helpful. There is one guy that speaks very good English and he arranged all of my tours for me and my bus and boat to Lombok. It is also just off the main road so you don't get the traffic noise. They also woke me up at 6 in the morning to catch my bus as my alarm clock had broken. lovely people.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Leigh K
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 September 2011

If you are looking for budget that is clean, has an excellent, central location and also has super friendly service, this place is it. The people that run it are always available to help out in any way and are extremely helpful in recommending whatever various things you might like to do during your stay. Yummy breakfast is included too. I will be back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank pollkat
Sydney
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed at Brata 1 about 2 weeks all up and loved it. Its set in a very pretty garden and the rooms are clean, bright and airy. Yande and Ketut and all the staff are super friendly and super helpful. Ketut makes the best coffee on the island!! Yande is REALLY helpful smoothing out any hassles you may encounter. They all made us very welcome. We'll stay there any time we go back to Ubud and will tell everyone else too as well.

Room Tip: Downstairs have garden surrounds while upstairs have balcony and some have paddy view.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bessie2790
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We stayed here for 11 nights. The room we is on the second floor and it had has two balconies. One facing the rice padi fields (very nice view) and the other one facing the guest-house courtyard. The room was airy and the temperature was somewhere between 24 - 26 degree Celsius during the day. It has a big bathroom with hot and cold shower, basin, sitting toilet, hose, and there's a bucket to do some laundry washing. It was quiet and has a big enough room space for me to do some stretching everyday. Just one thing that I personally don't like was the bed is a bit too soft and the pillow is a bit too high, for me. But they gave us a better pillow after we complaint about it. Anyway, the bed sheet and blanket and the entire place were very clean. They will clean the room whenever you ask them. So far during our entire stay, there wasn't any mosquitoes nor fleas which is very good for a budget guest-house in the centre of Ubud in Hanoman Street. Overall this is a very nice budget stay in Ubud. I would recommend it to any budget travelers who want a simple, clean, spacious, mosquitoes free and quiet place to stay, with attached bathroom and hot shower. They only have 5 rooms available (which means it won't be too crowded). Our room was 150,000 IDR (15 USD) per night for 2 people with simple breakfast included (Fresh cut fruit, toast and very good Balinese coffee or tea) and brought to your room when you are ready for it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple