Desa Sanctuary remarkably ruined my Ubud vacation.
- They made a mistake in my booking and instead offered a room across the street. The room is old, dark, and not properly maintained. Definitely not worth the USD 115 I paid in advance. That’s correct. Advance bookings must be paid fully in advance.
- The place only has 5 rooms and they still made a double booking error. I learned from the staff that there had been 3 similar incidents that month. Note that I arrived on Aug 4. If this was a tactic, it had no good benefit for tourists.
- From the hotel, you need a cab if you plan to go to Ubud Center. It costs around 50K rupiah for a one-way trip. Even the local driver commented that the place is far. He even asked me why not get better and cheaper hotels near Ubud Center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderland In Bali has Ubuds best kept secret Villa's. RiverView Villa is the Grand Dame of them all. Imagine waking up to the sound of the rushing river. Our home is perched in the tree tops, sharing the same views as the Maya Ubud, a five star resort. Eat, Dine and Rejuvenate. Our staff can provide traditional and contemporary meals served to your pleasure. A spacious grande room with ironwood floors throughout, is the perfect place for relaxing, yoga, reading & dining. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Desa Sanctuary, The Village Hotel Ubud
- Desa Sanctuary, The Village Ubud, Bali