US$521
US$249
US$184
US$149
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

US$275
Amori Villas(Ubud)
US$309
US$237
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$269/night.

US$713
US$665
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We recently spent 3 glorious weeks at Desa and did not regret our choice to stay there in any way . It is very hard to describe the ambiance of the place - when you push open the door you step into an oasis of calm . Ubud can get very busy so it is essential to be able to slip away . We enjoyed the walk into town and back everyday and we became regulars on Pengosekan and the local people got to wave at us and wish us well ; we got to know all the dogs too that so diligently guarded their territory - they were cool . Some-one said to me "get a taxi into town it's only $5" ....what did God give me legs for ! We found it was the best way to begin to digest the lovely food we had eaten at the plentiful Warungs ! So - our stay . We chose 'Joglo Ganesha ' and it lived up to our expectations - it was beautiful . It was kept scrupulously clean by the staff , they were so self effacing - I believe they actually conspired to make us happy . I would like to thank the whole team - Sak Ming who very efficiently organized our booking and pick up at the Airport - no drama whatsoever AND Taman who sorted all our day to day needs out . She was such a kind woman(not forgetting her lovely husband Nengah who drove us here there and everywhere in his taxi when we needed to go farther afield) , she has the biggest smile in town .... special thanks to Ketut and Wayan who seemed always to be there with an answer to any of our questions and solutions to any of our minor problems and always a smile ! I felt a little sad that we had not thanked everyone enough when we left . Also the quiet industrious groundsmen that kept the gardens so beautifully and the little old lady that put the offerings on the little altar behind our house - I just loved how everybody did their job in wonderful synchronicity .....
I could go on and on ...... Sharon and I feel a lot better emotionally and physically after our stay at Desa - what more can you ask for !
Harry+Sharon
ps I think it worthy of a mention how I got to choose Desa - 2 years ago I met an American Artist in Melbourne Australia my home town - she was putting on an exhibition - we got talking . I said that I had just got back from Bali and she said "if you come again,come and stay at our place" . It was meant to be ..Thanks Brenda , I know that you value your staff - you told me so !
pps forgot to mention the lovely swimming pool !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our biggest complaint was the location... Not close enough to Ubud central to walk each timeand not far enough away to be scenic and worth the taxi in! In fairness, this may have been my fault in terms of research, but I was overwhelmed with Ubud options! However, staff were friendly - and even scooted me to a yoga class I was late for when no taxis were available. I do wish however I would have booked at Casa Luna as planned to be in the action of it all.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Kellie L
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Desa Sanctuary, also known as "The Village" when we first move to Bali.

Now I have to set the record straight and say that Desa Sanctuary is NOT the same Village from the movie of the same title, starring Joachim Phoenix, in which creatures (who inhabitants do not speak of) lurk behind the tree line of the encircling Covington Woods, waiting to terrorise residents. No, this is an entirely different 'The Village'.

Although the movie soundtrack by James Newton-Howard would create a very nice backdrop to waking up in the tranquil setting of Desa Sanctuary, the sound of water running into the swimming pool and knowledge that breakfast is going to be served on time and with a smile (and that one needn't always order banana's to scare away those we don't speak of) is definitely comforting.

We regularly ate the delicious pancakes and bananas, fruit with yoghurt cereal, and coffee most mornings, all of which we recommend highly!

On top of all of the above I feel it is my duty to add that on the one in instance in which there was a spider in our the room, and my wife (who is absolutely terrified of spiders) called for help, the staff came quickly and helped the spider on his way, which I consider to be an invaluable service as I honestly have my hands full chasing my wife around, let alone spiders as well!

So in conclusion, we cannot help but compliment Desa Sanctuary for their friendly and helpful staff, service and accommodation’s, and if you find yourself looking for a place to Stay in Ubud, a home away from home where the staff are friendly, where it doesn't cost a fortune, where accommodation is good, with a pool, trees, and a stone’s throw from town, give Sanctuary The Village a try.

If not, look up try The Village in Covington woods, and wear Red.

A & J

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Desa Sanctuary remarkably ruined my Ubud vacation.

- They made a mistake in my booking and instead offered a room across the street. The room is old, dark, and not properly maintained. Definitely not worth the USD 115 I paid in advance. That’s correct. Advance bookings must be paid fully in advance.
- The place only has 5 rooms and they still made a double booking error. I learned from the staff that there had been 3 similar incidents that month. Note that I arrived on Aug 4. If this was a tactic, it had no good benefit for tourists.
- From the hotel, you need a cab if you plan to go to Ubud Center. It costs around 50K rupiah for a one-way trip. Even the local driver commented that the place is far. He even asked me why not get better and cheaper hotels near Ubud Center.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank marlon_sg
ArtlifePancakes, Owner at Desa Sanctuary, The Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

I am eager to respond to this guest as they did not stay with us and yet they wrote a review of us. We did make a mistake and double book a room. We were extremely apologetic and offered this guest a room in our Private Rental home that is across the street from the Village. I would hasten to say that it is neither old, dark or not properly maintained. This is our higher end rental which is a large house, with private staff.
Desa Sanctuary is a B&B and is situated in a Village 5 min south of Ubud center. We have 5 indigenous houses, Joglos from Java, Lumbungs from Bali and Kampung houses. We have been appreciated by many for maintaining a Bali feel for our homes, with western amenities to make guests comfortable. We book houses in advance and hold them for our guests. We are not a big hotel with "walk in" capacity so we have a booking agreement that is clearly understood when guests make reservations...No surprises here!
We do apologize for making a mistake and offered our best solution, and tried our best to help out. There have not been other incidences of double bookings during the month ( as was implied that we are using a business tactic of overbooking) I'm sorry our guest felt so upset that they could not accept our apology.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stay in somewhere else and feels like home is the best and that is how you feel when you stay in desa sactuary - rumah David. or you might feel that you are staying at your friend's house.

The service was excellent, they welcomed me and my friend with warm smile and treat us like we haven't met for a long time. The breakfast was the one that caught me. It was a healthy yummy breakfast.The owner, Brenda is a friendly and warm person, she just arrived from the state that day, and i was just one of her guest, but she stopped just to say hello and to appreciate our stay. Ibu Sak Ming is the lady that i talked almost every day, very helpful and friendly lady.

The design of the houses are unique, very homey and natural. no TV and aircon, which i think no one who wants to explore Ubud will need it. Ubud is quite cooling area. We stayed at Rumah Kampung, the room that designed as a house and had our breakfast every morning on the table just outside our room. The room is clean, wooden made, nice king size bed, and has cozy corner where u can enjoy your books. We paid USD 50/ night. super worth it =)

Definitely highly recommended place to stay in Ubud =)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends