“5 Star Dining.”

Dining Corner Restaurant
Reserve with Chope
Dining Corner Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 954 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dining Corner Restaurant is a stylish restaurant elevated over a valley that blends seamlessly into the encompassing woodland. Open for all day dining, it serves an exquisite menu of classic Thai cuisine and contemporary western fare using the freshest possible ingredients. The food and ambiance of this uplifting venue truly pays homage to all of senses. Every dish is a flavorsome journey that brings culinary perfection to the rural outskirts of Ubud. Rich Thai curries infuse with traditional spices are extremely popular along with local Balinese specialties to satisfy the appetite. Table settings are positioned on an open - air deck to capture the gentle of the surrounding landscape. Flickering candles are lit as night descends to cast a warm glow over a small pool, with a seating capacity for up to 32 guest, Dining corner is not suitable for children under 12 years old but more for intimate meals as well as small social gatherings.
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Amazing. Remarkable. Brilliant.

We spent 9 nights in Bali, having the opportunity to dine at the Dining Corner Restaurant on multiple occasions. We had high expectations. We had read the overwhelmingly positive reviews about the gastronomical food and even better service and hence, expected nothing more than perfection. We were not disappointed.

The ambience of the restaurant is simply breathtaking. You are right on the edge of the jungle, and your dining experience resonates with peace and serenity. Must be the reason why we always chose to have breakfast there in the morning!

But you must be thinking, how about the food!? And yes, we were very, very impressed. The quality of the food is simply first class, and you would not be wrong if you thought that the food was coming out of a 5 star restaurant in Melbourne or New York. The food is well balanced, seasoned and portioned, a culmination of the chefs great lengths to ensure that the food is as perfect as possible. Some breakfast favourites include the Mee Goreng, Bubur Ayam, as well as the sumptuous Kayumanis Toast! Also, give the ribs a try, you wont regret it! I dream of the Kayumanis toast even to this day..

Now, to the service. The hospitality of the Balinese people is simply unparalleled. Entering the restaurant, you are immediately greeted by the warmth of the staff. It is so clear that they want your dining experience to be as enjoyable and peaceful as possible, and this sentiment resonates throughout your meal. The Chef Made came out to greet us during our meal, even taking the time to get our details so that he could send us the recipes to his delectable delights! It is actions like this that really enhance your dining experience, because the food is only a part of the equation. It is the hospitality of the staff that just ameliorates every bit of your dining experience. I want to take the opportunity to thank the culinary team and the staff for their fantastic service.

I leave you with four words. I. Will. Be. Back.

3  Thank jho711
DC_Manager_01, Manager at Dining Corner Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2018

Dear Bapak / Ibu Jho711,

Greeting from Dining Corner Restaurant Ubud.

On behalf of Dining Corner Restaurant I would like to thank you for taking your time to write this excellent review for us on tripadvisor.
We are so glad to know that our food is excellent, our ambiance is great and our service, especially provided by Chef Made was extremely attentive and helpful.

We are so lucky having Chef Made as part of our team member. I am glad to share your review to Chef Made and trust he will so motivate to read your review.
Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dining Corner Restaurant in the near future.

Restaurant Manager

Reviewed January 8, 2018

Expectations were quite high after reading the reviews, however we were disappointed.
As always I try to give objective input.
I must admit that we went there on a rainy evening so that may have influences the experience negatively, however here are the facts.

From the reception you have to walk 5-10 minutes down a long and very dark path. We were offered an umbrella (but hat one leaked so we were soaking wet when we arrived at the restaurant). The path itself was more like a river so our leather shoes were ruined when we arrived at the restaurant. We also crossed a rat on the way down. So.... this was not what I would call a good start.
We were seated in a room that lacked any nice decoration. I suppose when you can sit on the terrace it is much nicer of cours but unfortunately could not experience this. The staff had to walk through the rain with our dishes.
It took them a very long time to prepare and bring the cocktails.
They were very attentive and brought us a towel.
The food was average, not better than what you would eat in any ordinary Thai restaurant. Portions were rather small.
Prices: 150 000 for a Cosmopolitan, 200 000 for a glass of wine. A bottle of water 90 000 Pad Thai 145 000 just to give some examples.
I have been in some neighbouring restaurants like 'swept away' that were much better.
All in all I would not go back and don't recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Caroline026
Putu A, General Manager at Dining Corner Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Dear Ibu Caroline026,

Warm Greeting from Dining Corner Restaurant

Thank you so much for your review and I do apologize that you enjoyed the dine experience with us with raining in the evening. We really high appreciate both of your comment positive and the areas that we need to be improved. I wish if you could give us another change to redeem ourselves and hope this experience has not permanently tarnishes your opinion of us and that we will have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back again to Dining Corner

Besty regards,
Putu Agustini
Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa & Spa

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

We have spent 10 days all around Bali, this place surely was something we will remember. At start we thought we came to the wrong place as we saw no resturant but the staff escorted us to this beautiful view. However, the view wasn't everything as the food was as beautiful and tasty as well. Only thing to complain about was it's menus as it were 2 different ones which were difficult to grasp at first but ultimatly no big deal.

DC_Manager_01, Manager at Dining Corner Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2018

Dear Bapak Joel A,

Greetings from Dining Corner Restauran Ubud.

Thank you very much for choosing Dining Corner Restaurant for your culinary journey during your visit to Ubud this month, also for sparing time to write a glowing review of us on Tripadvisor.

I will share this review with my team to let them know that their efforts are much appreciated.
We look forward to your next visit at Dining Corner Restaurant.

Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

What makes your dinner enjoyable and memorable ?
* Good food
* Good drink
* Excellent service
* Good ambience
If those the lists, you can find all here in dinning corner, especially their Thai food. Also they have a very good coctail, try their Bali Prince made mix of brem, tuak and vodka with palm sugar or their rujak coctail.
Anything else, the waiter will assist you to make you have a night to remember when dine in here

DC_Manager_01, Manager at Dining Corner Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Dear Bapak Budi H,

Warm greeting from Dining Corner Restaurant.

Thank you for sparing time to write us review on Tripadvisor.
I am glad to know that you enjoy our product and service, especially our Thai food. I will share with my team at Dining Corner Restaurant.
I believe they will feel very motivated to keep the highest standard of our product and services.

Dining Corner Restaurant sent their regards and we look forward to welcoming you back in very near future.

Reviewed December 31, 2017

We booked online through "Chope" to celebrate the New Year. We arrived to a warm welcome & the charming Maitre de escorted us to the Restaurant. But on the way he enthusiastically entered a breathtaking Deluxe Villa to offer us the choice of a private 7 course degustation with a bottle of wine & a glass of champagne in the villa or if we preferred the "ala carte" menu in the "Dining Corner Restaurant". So we decided to at least go & see the restaurant with the sound of traditional music in the air. The attentive Staff seated us at a splendid table overlooking the lush jungle & we took it all in. The menu was extensive & the atmosphere enchanting, but the notion of a romantic private dinner in a wonderful setting was too tempting. So with our smiling Maitre de we ventured back through a lush pathway arriving to a maze of candlelight & into a setting that was to become an absolutely memorable dinner, with excellent cuisine served under a thatched roof in intimate surroundings. Our host was Adi, who's manner, good humour, fine nature & attention to detail was outstanding. His seamless service was delightful, enhancing the quality of the dishes he presented & without doubt he is an asset to the Kayumanis brand. It is a credit to him, to the marvellous Maitre de, to the brilliant Chef & his Staff that I can not recommend the "Dining Corner Restaurant" & "Kayumanis Villas" highly enough. The New Year fireworks lite up the night sky & we will never forget this experience.

Dear Bapak Treloar54,

Greeting from Dining Corner Restaurant.

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your review on Tripadvisor. We are happy to know that you really enjoy our product and service.

I will share with my team at Dining Corner especially Adi, I believe he will feel very motivated to keep the highest standard of our product.
Adi and other team at Dining Corner Restaurant sent their regards, and we look forward to welcoming you back in near future.