“too good”

White Box
Ranked #18 of 38 Dessert in Ubud
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Style: French Gourmet Pastry, Bakery & Food Menu: pastries, tarts, cakes, mousses, cookies, brownies, snacks, bread, quiches, pie and array of the ready to eat food Price: 15.000 - 50.000 (GBP 1.10 - 3.60) Address: Jl. Raya Andong 22 -24, Ubud Open: 9.00am - 9.00pm
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This little bakery/coffee shop is a little out of the way but the cakes more than make up for that. I also had samples of a veggie pastry which was just beautiful. The bakery is behind the shop and looks absolutely spotless.

The shop/cafe has a couple of tables inside, but ask to go outside - out back there is a outdoor under cover area near to the bakery itself - a bit difficult to find if you don,t ask.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I've ridden past this little shop almost every day and not really explored it, although friends have told me it is a great place for take-away. But yesterday a friend brought a selection of their cakes to my house to enjoy with our coffee and chat. Oh my goodness!! YUMMY!! I actually ended up licking the cardboard box the chocolate nougat cake came in to get the last drops! I will definitely be stopping in there often in future, rather than waiting for visitors to bring treats!

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Stumbled onto this shop after a long walk & had lunch - mainly a take out place - bakery and food items - quite delicious - immaculately clean operation with the sweetest help! We were short 15,000 rp but since our hotel was a client for the pastries we just signed a note and brought the $ back later and bought a few more treats!

Reviewed January 14, 2012

I like that it's clean, nice pastries, lovely set up.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I noticed an ad for this bakery in the booklet of the 2011 Ubud Writers and Readers Festival, and decided to stop in. Located somewhat off the main, beaten path of downtown Ubud, the shop is beautifully, minimally decorated.

The seating area is miniscule, and there did not appear to be any electrical outlets or wi-fi available, so I got a treat to take away. A shame, really, because I would have stayed for lunch and coffee had I been able to park for a bit and work on my laptop.

There were so many tantalizing edibles on display. I zoomed in to a row of delectable looking tarts - pear, cherry, apple. All looked irresistible. I asked the server for her recommendation, and, without pause, she said cherry. It was indeed sublime.

Been to White Box? Share your experiences!