“Romance”

Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses
Ranked #9 of 251 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Luxury Travel Guide Awards 2017 and 2018 - Winner of Contemporary Spa of the Year, Indonesia 2017 and Winner of Luxury Spa of the Year, Indonesia 2018. Like most people Murni gets stressed, so she built a spa Tamarind Spa under a tamarind tree in the tranquil gardens of Murni's Houses. You will enjoy Murni's famous collection of Balinese and Asian works of art. She designed the spa around a unique concept, creating a relaxing healthy, healing experience but also an artistic experience. Tamarind Spa welcomes everyone with exquisite flowers, fountains, tranquility, soothing aromas and calming music, all served with a generous portion of Balinese hospitality. De-stress, tone up, heal aches and pains or simply, just pamper yourself. We are 5 minutes walk from the center of Ubud. You just go up the ramp opposite Pura Dalem on the main street of Ubud – left at the top and 2nd gate on the right. Map on the web site and Google Maps. Email for the Spa menu. There are packages on the web site.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Tamarind Spa is like finding the old, authentic Bali. The Spa is so so so.....beautiful and set in a Balinese compound. The tropical gardens and elegant fountains are so relaxing - it feels like an oasis. The exquisitely carved Ganeshas and Buddhas are a reminder that you have come to a place of peace – a beautiful haven of relaxation and divine connection. I had a 3 hr treatment with my partner. It was heavenly.

5-star trained massueses and quality products and the price is so reasonable. About the same as dinner and a bottle of wine!!! No kidding!!!

I had a footbath ritual, 1 hr massage, scrub with heavenly products, a facial and a petal bath!!! I did ear candling as well. The last 2 were add-ons.

I have been here 3 times now. It's such a peaceful experience and you feel like you are floating afterwards. I had lunch in the quiet gardens after. You have found a gem here. Bookings advised. It's popular.

Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I'm delighted that you found Romance at Tamarind Spa! Thank you for the wonderful review and photographs - and for coming 3 times. I'm very pleased that you found 5-star quality at reasnable prices in an elegant, tropical sretting. We're looking forward to seeing you a 4th time! Best wishes, Murni.

All reviews
in 90 reviews
"body"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

I wasn’t sure what to expect during my stay at Murni’s but was pleasantly surprised by my accommodations. The hotel is connected to the Tamarind Spa which, I booked for a couple’s massage. My treatment was great and the experience was enjoyable.
We booked a smaller room on the second floor. The updated room was immaculate and well supplied with nice linens.
Our Murni’s Big Breakfast was excellent and prepared fresh daily. Murni’s is in a great location and within walking distance to downtown Ubud. I hope, to visit again.

Thank you for the wonderful review and photos - and for staying at Murni's Houses. I'm delighted that your room was immaculate and the treatment at Tamarind Spa was great. We also hope to see you again. Best wishes, Murni.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

A must do! Top quality all the way around. My oasis in Ubud! My experience was so fantastic that I had to try them all. 3 massages in 3 days. Heaven!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for coming for massages three days in a row. You will have really benefitted from that. I'm delighted that the experiemce was fantastic. Thank you for recommending Tamarind Spa. Best wishes, Murni.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

I enjoyed the special bath treatment very much. Great massages and very friendly employees, also very clean and a beautiful environment. The only critique I can give is the fact that the only tea they offered was a ginger tea, but not everyone (like me) likes ginger. But overall this was a great experience, not expensive at all and I would recommend this place to everyone!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

I'm very pleased that you experienced great massages and very friendly employees, and Tamarind Spa was very clean and a beautiful environment. That's great. By the way we are now offering a choice of teas on arrival. Best wishes, Murni.