All reviews infinity pool our honeymoon garden villa outdoor shower and bath the river main pool total privacy lounge area balinese style a free shuttle bus breakfast is served mosquito net afternoon tea heaven on earth central ubud rice terraces spent nights
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Our stay here was phenomenal. We stayed in the Spa Villa and it was a small piece of paradise. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. The pool and spas were fantastic and refreshing after days of travel. The spa services were top notch. I recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Ubud

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gusdek P, Manager at Pita Maha Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Dear Amelissac,

Warm greeting from Pita Maha A Tjampuhan Resort & Spa Ubud, Bali - Boutique Privacy.

Thank you very much for your nice review of your stay at our beautiful Resort. Our Villa Spa is the best villa with great view, Jacuzzi, Steam and sauna inside of it.

One again, thank you and see you on your next vacation.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

We stayed at the Pita Maha Resort & Spa for 5 nights of our honeymoon and LOVED it here. We booked the Garden Villa room, which was just fine since their main pool was absolutely gorgeous. The staff here is excellent and truly would be of immediate assistance for anything that we needed throughout our stay. The resort is about a 20-25 minute walk from central Ubud, but we utilized their free shuttle service instead to save some energy walking back and forth. Breakfast was delicious every morning as well. We truly loved staying here and would come back again if we were to visit Ubud in the future. The only thing to point out is that you must be extra vigilant about mosquitoes, not due to the property (they provide mosquito nets, coils, electric plug ins, bug spray), but just out and about in Bali. Don't make the mistake that I did and forget to spray down with bug spray when outside!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gusdek P, Manager at Pita Maha Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear Sir or Madam,

Greeting from Pita Maha A Tjampuhan Resort & Spa Ubud, Bali - Boutique Privacy.

We are very happy to heard that you love your stay at our Resort, Villa that you stay and the infinity main pool, Staff are explain well. Our hotel is located in the tropical country, all facilities to avoid it have been prepare in the villa. Shuttle bus, Breakfast also provided on complimentary.

Thank you very much and look forward to welcoming you again at Pita Maha.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

From arriving at the Pita Maha your immediately immersed in to the tranquil surroundings of the hilltop gardens and the intimate privacy of the villas. The resort is beautiful, quiet and a perfect retreat for couples seeking some alone time. The facilities are well run by attentive and respectful staff who cater to all your needs or give you all the freedom you require. The infinity pool overlooks a lush green valley and is a perfect spot to spend an afternoon unwinding, but the true star of the resort are the villas themselves, an idyllic retreat from the outside world, open plan and with their own well manicured gardens and plunge pools they are just a perfect place to while away the hours admiring the stunning views. The outdoor bathroom with sunken bath and shower is an especially nice touch and gives the villa a spa feel. With Ubud town just a 20 minute walk away and with the hotels restaurant and bar being highly priced it is well worth the stroll to enjoy a night out but every other facility just makes you want to never leave. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Villas with a pool are worth the extra
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gusdek P, Manager at Pita Maha Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Dear Adam R,

Warmest greeting from Pita Maha A Tjampuhan Resort & Spa Ubud, Bali - Boutique Privacy.

It is very glad for us to know that you love your stay very much at our beautiful Resort. All the things are described well and very detail, Villa, Resort, facilities are explain well. Our Breakfast also open from 07.00 am into 17.00 pm, all day long.

Hope you will come back to Bali and stay with us again.

Look forward to welcoming you at your next vacation.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

We loved Pita Maha and highly recommend it to anyone visiting Ubud. The property itself is along the main road. The area is full of restaurants, shops and throngs of people. Yet, when you step into the lobby and walk the grounds, you feel like you are in a remote jungle miles from civilization. We loved the fact that the center of Ubud is an easy 15 minute walk or a free 10 minute hotel shuttle drive.

Resort

The resort itself is stunning. Rock-lined walkways are paralleled by running streams and dotted with small temples and statues. Our room was out of a fairy tale or an adventure novel - sweeping ceilings, thatched roof, outdoor tub and shower, private yard, gorgeous sitting deck - all this old world charm yet it even had great air conditioning. As the pictures show, the main building and the infinity pool will rival any resort anywhere in the world.

We are not foodies at all but we were pleasantly surprised how much we enjoyed eating there. We even ventured to some nearby high-end restaurants but always enjoyed the food at Pita Maha the most. The fruit and granola breakfast sounds deceptively healthy but I'd take it over an Egg McMuffin or Krispy Kream Donut any day.

Staff

There was staff everywhere. They never hovered but were also never more than a raised arm away. We loved most of the staff. A few people seemed like they were trying to sell us something. And, while it took us a minute to realize it, the gentlemen that carried our luggage absolutely expected tips. Overall, we loved the people there and they are a reason we'd return.

Coming from the US, we couldn't believe how far our money went. Pita Maha was similarly affordable like the rest of Ubud and Bali. Our rough math suggested that the dollar goes further for a vacation in Bali (assuming you can get there) than even the Caribbean.

Shortcomings

Only minor complaints. They are so small, we hesitate to list them but maybe it's easy for the resort to improve on them. First is Wifi. While internet access was fast and available throughout the property, each guest had to have a custom code and you had to type in these long, arcane passwords nearly every time you opened a computer. There was a misunderstanding about the massages we ordered but we chalked it up to language issues. Lastly, we arranged with the resort to be picked up at the airport. They outsource this service. While it all worked easily, the drivers insisted we stop by a tourist spot to sample Luwak coffee (and not tell the resort). We actually enjoyed this little tourist magnet but the interaction with the drivers was uncomfortable.

Bottom line

We've been all over the world and Pita Maha was one of the finest resorts we've visited. And, if you factor in the costs, it is probably the best resort value we've found. If you like boutique resorts, we can't recommend Pita Maha highly enough!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gusdek P, Manager at Pita Maha Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear bntraveler,

Warm greeting from Pita Maha A Tjampuhan Resort & Spa Ubud, Bali - A Boutique Privacy.

It's a pleasure to read your feedback about Pita Maha in very detail from every pieces of our services and facilities. We much appreciated all are described and very details so we could do improvement in which spot as you are mentioned. It is clearly described and I am sure it will improve at the soonest possible. Therefore, when it is your time to come back and stay again, all are better and improved.

I am very sorry for some reason you felt uncomfortable and I guaranteed it is change for the next of your vacation into Pita Maha. As a tourism industry, it must be change fast and improve all of the time.

Thank you very much and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Pita Maha property during my recent trip to Ubud. First off, they arranged my pick-up and transportation from the airport to the hotel and it was reasonably priced. Also, the gentleman who picked me up waited over an hour while my flight was delayed. He also graciously waited while I got Starbucks before beginning our ride to the property. When you arrive at the property, you walk into the lobby and you are instantly floored by the panoramic views of the rain forest. This was my first trip to Ubud and it will not be my last. It was so beautiful and lush; the property landscaping compliments the tropical setting. I was given a cold compress and drink upon arrival before being escorted to my villa. Can we say IG magic? It was gorgeous. The villa itself is large and has an outdoor bathroom that can't be matched. I loved sitting on my patio while eating room service (which is delicious by the way) and watching the fountain in my pool. The larger infinity pool for all guests was also amazing. I was torn each day between sitting by the pool and exploring the town. Personally I enjoyed the location of the property. It was away from the center of town, but close enough I could walk back-and-forth (although I will concede I walk more than most). I chose this property over a number of other luxury properties in the area and I am glad I did. It was amazing and my only regret is that I couldn't stay longer.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Gusdek P, Manager at Pita Maha Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Dear A_Jaye,

Greeting from Pita Maha A Tjampuhan Resort & Spa Ubud, Bali - A Boutique Privacy.

It is a pleasure for us to heard that you loved your wonderful stay at Pita Maha. We provide a complimentary transfer for the guest who stayed with us for minimum three nights from Airport and Hotel which is not more than one hour and a half route vise verse. The View, Villa and the Infinity main swimming pool, also the location wise of our Resort are explain well as you experienced it.

Thank you very much and look forward to welcoming you again at our Resort.