“Serenity in Ubud”

Biyukukung Suites and Spa
Ranked #111 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 5 November 2016

I am a return guest. I enjoyed the newly finished bamboo huts, very light bright and airy.
I was happy to wake early with the sun and take in the view of the rice fields. I liked the quirky, traditional feel and noises of the bamboo hut but it might not be everyone's ideal. Great location close to yoga barn. I got a upgrade and free breakfast which was very generous ( and appreciated after a yoga session).

Room Tip: Bamboo huts only for the bright and breezy early riser.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank natarla b

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed for 8 nights in Biyukukung.
There was a unhappy experience upon arrival however their after care was fantastic. Once again, thank you for all staffs and management.

There is 3 swimming pools, 2 restaurants and nice spa facility.

Breakfast was good, western and Indonesian style menus are available.

All rooms are nice and cozy Rice fields view. Very Ubud style... strongly recommend for people who want to experience Ubud life.

Walk in 5 min can go to Coco Mart, and shops in Hanorman st.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elly W
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

As Ubud is a great place to visit, it is also very touristic. This resort has a good location in Ubud, just near the center.
The villas are located along a rice field which gives the resort an authentic touch.
The rooms in the villas are clean but a little bit outdated. The room we stayed in could use some new plaster work in a few small areas. But this is more then compensated by the very friendly staff and overall appearances of the resort.
They offer traditional Indonesian breakfast and both American and European style breakfast with coffee and some juice.
Just around the corner of the resort are various ATM's and a large supermarket.
We had a very pleasant stay!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2016

I stayed already 3 times in this place over the years. It is nie and central in Ubud, just 200m off the main street and away from the hustle and bustle, but you can walk anywhere ..yo yoga barn, to the restaurants and shops, everything is really in a 1-2 kilometre circle. So you get both worlds, view on rice paddies, little ducklings running around, sunset view and the business of Ubud nearby.
The rooms are basic but generally clean, I would always go for the more expensive rooms near the pool at the bottom or the new build villas, the standard rooms are very basic and a bit worn. Breakfast is simple, but enough, every room has a balcony to sit outside and chill. the reception staff is friendly and helpful - you get good prices with booking a scooter and taxis (same than on the road side).

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank maztaz1972
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I travelled to Bali alone, hoping to find some peace of mind and different life vision.
I spent one week in Seminyak and Nusa Dua, but none of them made me feel like Ubud experience.
Checking on the internet for a place to stay in Ubud, I found Biyukukung Suites and Spa. I liked it because it looked authentic so I booked it for 8 nights.
arriving there, I found myself in a piece of Heaven in the middle of the jungle.
I stayed in a villa, on the ground floor with a small terrace in front. Room was spacious and very clean.
The best thing which made every day better was waking up with the rice terrace view on my window and frangipani flower smell in the room. And going to sleep in a crickets and frogs concert, directed by Geckos.
Breakfast was amazing and a lot of choices including international and Balinese options with fresh made juice and fruits.
Being alone I thought that would make me feel a bit strange, but actually I was never eating alone :). Very nice people working in Biyukukung talked to me everyday helping with advices and information about the Balinese culture.
Everybody was extremely nice and helpful. All of the people I met are part of my great memories which I brought with me back home.
For me, Biyukukung position, infrastructure and people played an important role in My Bali experience and after few days, I even managed to spell correctly the name of the place :).

Room Tip: Best views, Accessibility
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank Miriden
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

I spent 5 nights with a friend at Biyukukung. For the money we paid the hotel is very good value. It is a very impressive traditional Balinese style resort set in a rice paddy. The rooms are separate and self contained spread out across the resort. The three pools on offer are very nice and there are towels available. The breakfast was also good with choice of a main accompanied by a fruit plate. The resort is in a good location, walking distance to the main Ubud areas and monkey forest. The resort however is starting to get rather tired and needs updating. The cleanliness of the rooms was average with the bathrooms being old and the walls damp. The restaurant fixings were also old and grubby. Wifi is available but it didn't work for us outside of the lobby/breakfast room. Staff were very friendly and helpful although you did sometimes feel rather watched at the pool and there was quite a lot of staff noise and disturbance around the bottom pool area.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2016

A very beautiful hotel to be in Ubud. Away from all the noise and air of the city. Sleeping at night accompanied by a soothing sound of insects and waking up to a beautiful paddy field and fresh air.

The bed and pillows were a bit soft for my liking and the air-condition was not cold enough even though it was set to the lowest.

Cleanliness of the suite is good. It is advisable to put on insect repellent to avoid mosquitoes and you may encounter occasion flying insects in the suites.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family