All reviewsbamboo housericemonkey forestyoga barndeluxe roomlarge supermarketubud palaceart marketswimming poolhotel is situatedair conditioningmin walkbreakfast was includedstayed here for nightsrelaxing stayfieldpaddy
Reviewed December 27, 2016

We had a great stay at Biyukukung suites & spa. We booked a standard room and were initially in a room semi-close to reception overlooking the rice fields. Whilst this room was nice, the bathroom downstairs was very small and quite cramped. We explored the rest of the hotel (it is quite extensive with several small pools around the hotel and rice field, all of which are really nice), and spoke to a security man who showed us one of the bamboo huts which was a lot more spacious and had much more modern bathrooms. We asked reception the next day if we could move and they were happy for us to do this without an extra charge! The views when waking up were fantastic and was a great way to end our stay in Indonesia. The staff also allowed us to have a late check out (an extra hour), and assisted in us hiring a scooter (60,000RP a day), and airport transport on Christmas day for 300,000RP which was very reasonable.

The only thing I would improve: make a path from the further away bamboo huts to the reception so people don't have to walk all the way around the rice field and other accommodation with their luggage. Also, the wifi wasn't great during our stay- kept dropping out, and perhaps the air con could be a little colder. Minor improvements though!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2016 via mobile

Some places are just good! Why? Because the people who are working there are making the difference! I had a good time @ Biyukukung. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is good.

Employee's: 9/10
Facilities: 7/10
Location: 8/10
Price/quality: 8/10

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2016

Was pleasantly surprised when I checked in. With the relatively low price I paid for the Deluxe Room, I would say this was a good deal.

Staff spoke adequate English, and as it is in Bali, were always friendly and helpful.
Room and toilet were really clean and tidy - housekeeping did great job daily. And I had a bathtub :) Facilities (air con, electric kettle etc) worked adequately. Daily breakfast was included in my package - did not have it every day, but the few times I did, the food was great. The amazing views and tranquility were bonus. Love that there was no extra charge for room service too :) And they were thoughtful enough to leave umbrella and mosquito repellent for guest use.

Only complaints would be that the free wifi was not stable and was always disconnected. Hot water when using bathtub was also sometimes not consistent (but not a major problem at all).

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

It was a short one night stay. We arrived quite late at close to 9pm. So no spa & massage at it was closing at 9pm.

There were a number of small size pools which is rather convenient as the chalets/huts are positioned at the perimeter of the paddy field.

Sleeping in a bamboo hut was quite an experience. Confortable enough but it was designed as a 2-floor arrangment, shower on first floor and bed on the second. May not be suitable for elderly or parents with toddlers.

And no light-blocking curtains. The curtains are all white. Definitely a no-no if you want to sleep till late mornings. But why would you? Wake up early. Witness the sunrise and enjoy the paddy field scenery with birds chirping while having your breakfast. Heavenly.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2016

I had a deluxe room and took the 2 storey but wasn't comfortable on the first night. So I requested the staff to change to single storey and they obliged and were quick. I loved my stay here. Staff is exceptional. Breakfast is satisfactory. Amenities are well covered and the location is big bonus. Close to Monkey forest and other places/warungs. They have one free shuttle a day for pick up and drop. I'd recommend this property for comfort and location. I loved Ubud a lot for its cultural heritage and quirkiness.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo