Biyukukung Suites and Spa
Priceline
US$125
US$104
HotelQuickly
All reviewsbathroom downstairsricebamboo housemonkey forestyoga barndeluxe roomjl hanomanlarge supermarketwalking distancestandard rooms areubud palacefruit platterart marketair conmain ubudvery pleasant staymosquito repellent
Reviewed December 29, 2010

My wife and I have stayed here 3 times in the last 3 years, we love it, we split it up with the oberoi and find the contrast of ubud and seminyak ideal, the hotel is friendly but not over attentive, just what you need after the oberoi.

Whilst we keep venturing to smarter hotels we come back after the Maya, to resorty and komeneka, weird vibe we find it suits our needs.

It is also walking distance into town but excellent views and great swimming pool overlooking rice paddies, it is ideal for self sufficient types or after to much attention.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2010

This is a boutique hotel tucked quietly in a corner 10 minutes from Monkey Forest and to Ubud town and of course the famous Dirty Duck Diner, aka, Bebek Benggil. Staff are attentive and courteous. Rooms are simple but clean with great view. We chose the 2 storey rooms with the bath and closet downstairs and bedroom upstairs. A beautiful pool with a great Padi field view. In fact, every room has a view and even the restaurant which serves excellent Western and Balinese breakfast. Perhaps the best in my trip of 6 nights in Bali.Comes with a shuttle service thats so kind to pick me from restaurant upon my call and upon prior arrangement to drop me at a convenient place for transfer to another hotel in Ubud...I wanted to stay put but I guaranteed my room at other hotel so I cannot cancelled. It great value for money - in the city, great view, clean room with view and great breakfast. Every deluxe room has a balcony on 2nd floor and verandah at ground floor with daybed and 2 chairs and table for you to chill out...read book, great view sipping your favourite drinks. Isn't this heavenly? I already plan to return and immediately booked for my friends who are coming in December.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2010

My husband, 4 month old daughter and I stayed at Biyukukung October 2010. In a nutshell...very friendly service, not pushy at all to do tours. Airport pick up was on time and convenient. A little more expensive for the airport transfer then other acommodations but we had a late flight into Bali and couldn't be bothered to look for cheaper transport. Rooms are also clean and lovely. Beautiful views from all rooms. The pool is beautiful and clean. Breakfast is basic but enough to fill you. When you first drive up to the resort it doesn't look too exciting but once you enter you are greated with a fruit drink and beyond the front door are beautiful gardens, pool and rice fields. This hotel is centrally located you can walk all around Ubud from here. The road infront of this hotel is busy but then again all of the roads are busy so not really a problem. You can get approx 50000rph off the acommodation each night if you ask. We were happy with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank hoppy54
Reviewed October 15, 2010

The hotel itself is decent. The room was clean, and every room had a view of the rice field. The staff was courteous and helpful. They provided shuttle service whenever I requested. The breakfast was also decent.
However, the experience with the reservation with the hotel manager/owner left a sour taste to the stay. I inquired the room and rate by e-mail initially, and the manager offer me a deluxe room of rate $70, which is the same as the rate on their website. On the website, the room rate includes free one-hour massage, welcome fruit and breakfast. I asked him whether I can get a discount because of single occupancy, and he responded by giving me a "special offer" of $65 for the deluxe room. Upon arrival, I didn't get the welcome fruit; that's fine. But when I tried to arrange to get the massage, they told me it's not included because of the "special rate." What kind of discount it was if they simply downgraded the service/amenity provided? After I left, I revisit their website and my room just didn't look like a deluxe room. I think they just gave me a downgraded standard room, while telling me they gave me a discount. I didn't want to spoil my vacation so I stayed there for four nights. I don't think they are being honest, and their attitude was indifferent and adamant when I complained.
While it's a decent hotel, the price isn't such a good bargain. With the experience, I will take the chance to try another hotel next time.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank CA_supergirl
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Stayed 3 nights in early September in a standard room. Quiet location with nice rice paddy views yet in walking distance of plenty of restaurants. Comfortable and clean accommodation apart the mosquito net over the bed which had holes in it and should be replaced. The air conditioning wasn’t able to be changed from 25 C. It was pleasant sitting on the verandah but it wasn’t very private due to guests and staff constantly passing. Breakfast was adequate and cooked to order.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends