“''A peaceful and tranquil place ''”
Review of Ananda Cottages

Ananda Cottages
Ranked #90 of 200 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Comfortable and clean.Could improve on the amenities like a box of tissues.Good location quiet and tranquil..what i was looking for a getaway.Staff friendly. Surprised me with a cake on my birthday at breakfast.Will visit again and recommend.

Room Tip: Room 16 large. Room 9a Pool view. Room 52 in the Padifields very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The cottages are situated in a beautiful environment although they are quite far from the town centre. The paddy fields look amazing. The breakfast buffet was decent too with a lot of choice. The staff is nice and attentive. Worth a visit!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Ananda Cottages are built inside paddy fields and one can witness rice cultivation from the hotel room. The Cottages are tastefully decorated and fresh flowers are always in sight inside the rooms. Unfortunately, I fell sick the day I arrived and even a days rest could not heal me. Upon request, the hotel staff were quick to organize a doctor's visit. I was impressed with the care that I got that included organizing blood tests inside my room. Falling sick while traveling solo is a nightmarish experience. I must acknowledge the staff and management for their care and support during a rough time. Thank you!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2017

I first stayed at Ananda cottages many years ago when it was "out of town". and was very basic. Now it is a great family place to stay with various levels of rooms and several pools which don't ever become busy. We took our grandsons and we had adjoining rooms upstairs. The attention paid to the boys by staff was second to none and we have stayed all over the world with family. Breakfast was a great start to the day and although we ate lunch and dinner out most of the time, the mets were fine and cheap.
We booked online and received a discount for a 2 week stay despite it being school holidays and peak season.
The rooms are large, clean and have everything except TV which we didn't need.
Ananda provides transport to town or wherever you want to go at any time.
Although there are lots of places to stay in Ubud at every level, Ananda is still our favourite.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Good size room - very clean and the staff were excellent and very friendly :) The yoga shalas are wonderful and the whole place is spread out over a huge area surrounded by rice paddies. Beautiful infinity pool, well kept grounds and a photo-worthy vista at every turn. We really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: downstairs there was an 'outside' bathroom (good thing, it's gorgeous), upstairs more pr...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Wonderful setting amongst the most beautiful gardens and rice fields. Serene!
The cottages were spacious, clean and really homely. Comfy bed and good hot shower. Very tastefully decorated. Our room had a large verandah overlooking the rice field...just lovely. We did not want to leave!
Will definitely be returning :)

Room Tip: If you can get a room facing the rice friends you will be in heaven :)
Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

It was my first stay at Ananda Cottages. I loved it. The grounds were well maintained and very tranquil overlooking trees and rice paddies. We actually saw them planting the rice. The staff were very friendly and accommodating with nothing too much trouble. The rooms were basic yet had what you need inc a bath. My room had a garden view with the pool in the background. The buffet breakfast (included) was a bit hit and miss for me but there was a selection of hot and cold foods. A shuttle ran into the town itself 3 times a day, taxis were also directly out the front. You could also book yoga classes if thats your thing. Worth mentioning is they do have wifi (on their web page it says no internet)... I cant wait for a return visit.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family