All reviews rice paddies yoga retreat bliss spa indus restaurant a short taxi ride outdoor bathroom serene place bali style mosquito net a ground floor room room number rooms are large yoga room infinity pool a lovely place to stay four poster bed we've stayed
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

Made reservation via agoda. Arived at Ananda and was told my agoda reservation was cancelled, but I never received a cancelation email.
The manager told me my credit card had problems and we must pay cash. So I called my credit card and was told I was billed for the room and there are no problems with my credit card at all. They refused to check us in and we ended up at another hotel next door. Ananda has a terrible manager and I would never recommend anyone stay there.
They clearly lied to me about my reservation, credit card issue, and tried to manipulate me to pay cash. Ananda is no good and karma will catch up with them.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank steve d
anandaubud, Pemilik at Ananda Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2018

Dear Mr. Steve D,

Thank you for your time to write a review for Ananda Cottages,
Firstly we are very sorry for your bad experience while your holiday,
Regarding to your reservation, before you arrive at Ananda Cottages Agoda has called us that they cancelled your reservation because of your Credit card problem and suggest us to collect you in cash as what you wrote, and we have the cancellation email.
we did not tried to manipulated you or everyone else who has the same problem, it just because the online travel agent (AGODA) told us that your credit card has problem, we do not want to have an issue with third party and prefer to collect cash but you refuse it,
We did not refused you to check in and stay at Ananda Cottages if you could pay with cash instead of credit card,

And at last but not least of course we are hoping to have a second chance to serve you back at Ananda Cottages Ubud in the near future.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Beautiful rooms in a very jungle-like setting. Rooms were beautiful and big. Pools were nice. Lots and lots of trees and jungle and rice paddies around you. Just be aware, that with a jungle-like setting, also comes animals and bugs. We didn't have any bugs in our rooms, but walking into the resort and to our rooms encountered interactions with all sorts of creatures. I actually saw the biggest lizard I'd ever seen by one of the pools and some huge spiders.
I would recommend this hotel if you want to have an authentic bali experience,
Staff were lovely and the place was beautiful. May return someday.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

I visited Ananda Cottages during christmas holiday. The cottage is located nearby ubud central market where you can find a lot of restaurants, minimarket, fashion outlet, massage & spa centers, cultural heritage buildings, and ao on. Also, you can go to Campuhan ridge walk by walking (one of the best ricefield walk activities in Ubud). Breakfast menu also was good in my opinion. I think it's perfect place to escape from daily hectic activities. I will back to this cottages again when I visit Ubud.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with ten students at the end of an Indonesia study tour and will most definately return solo!!

The rooms are massive, with very comfy beds and furnished beautifully with day beds and huge dresser etc. The private outdoor area has another day bed, table and chairs and clothes horse for your wet bathers.

The pool is divine! I didn't get a chance to swim at our other accommodation so made the most of the pool here.

Breaky was spot on. Egg station made to order, delicious fruits, yogurt, museli etc. plus asian fare.

The staff were so lovely and friendly and work hard to keep all the grounds looking stunning.

My tip is to ask for a lower floor room as they have a lovely shower half outdoors. My upstairs room just had a hand held shower over a bath whilst my students got the luxury one!

Very close and easy walk to central Ubud, or along the ridges. Shuttle bus 3 times a day to Ubud but you dont need it, it takes less than 15 minutes walk.

I also recommend Elephant for food and drinks which is a 2 minute walk towards central Ubud on the opposite side of the rd.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Sarah Q
Reviewed November 26, 2017

Stayed here for 8 days and then stayed in Nusa Dua for 2 more days and I must say that I missed Ananda Cottages dearly. The whole ambiance and feel of this serene place was just what my soul needed. It felt like I was staying in an actual jungle that brought me so much peace. I was on a solo trip halfway around the world and this place felt like home to me and I didn't want to leave. I am back in Canada and I feel like a piece of me is missing. i'll definitely return . I would take the shuttle to Ubud center and go to the market or to the Sacred monkey forest.
I felt like home. I'm home sick. ;)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo