Bisma Eight(Ubud)
US$416
US$373
US$560
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$646/night.

US$88
US$230
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$268/night.

US$848
US$656
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I made my decision to stay here based on the review in TA and also after emailing their manager Mr. Dwija who was kind and accomodating which is indeed rare nowadays. The moment I stepped in and was shown my room and other available rooms, I knew I made the right decision. My initial 2 day stay is now a 5 day stay. Ibu Wayan, the owner is a wonderful person in keeping the place really clean and going the extra mile for her guests. She cooks breakfast, prepares coffee and also dinner as I don't go out at night. Nothing is too difficult for Ibu Wayan. I would strongly recommend Mulawarman and do contact them to get the best rate for longer stay. It is also a very good way to help our local Balinese friends to prosper. All the best to Ibu Wayan, Mr. Dwija and their wonderful team.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank JSJP01
Dwija, Manager at Mulawarman Ubud Bali, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Der Mrs. Bawani,
Warmest greetings from Mulawarman Ubud!

Thank you for your comments. First of all, on behalf of Mulawarman Ubud family, I would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere thanks and gratitude for choosing Mulawarman as your second home while in Bali. We delighted to know that our accommodation and service have impressed you. I do hope that this will be a starting point for you and your colleagues to be repeater guest and be an everlasting family. I assure you that you did a great choice when decided to stay with us. Because at Mulawarman, you will explore the meaning of Balinese authentic hospitality.

See you next time and have a safe journey back home.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We accidentally stumbled upon this place after looking for a place to stay on the rice paddies near Sari Organik. We wanted some place quiet and homelike to come back to after a day of yoga and exploring Bali and we found that here. We stayed a month.

The service was great and very personal. This place was only a few months old when we stayed and there was a lot of magic and new energy when we stayed.

The value was great because we stayed long and negotiated a good rate but this is a headache. As westerners it becomes tiresome always negotiating the price of everything in Bali.

The sleep quality was great because there are large ceiling fans and air con in all the rooms. Great new beds. The neighbor has a rooster that lets you know it is 5:30 am but it drowns out in the white noise of the fan.

Clean rooms. New sheets and towels every day even though it doesn't need to be done. They do a great job cleaning the rooms but they are human. The only problem with cleanliness is in the kitchen and they do a far better job than most kitchens I have seen in Bali. Nine out of the ten Warungs/Restaurants I've seen in Bali wouldn't pass code in the USA.

The kitchen is magical. It becomes a public space for cooking, drinking, talking and eating together. It feels like a mix between being in someone's home and in a hostel becomes of all of the different accents and languages being spoken. The owner, Wayan Londri, is a sweet lady and loves her guests. She likes to cook for you if you stay longer than a few days. Free coffee and tea throughout the day. I suggest you negotiate a few great Indonesian meals in with your room.

Wayan's English isn't perfect so just be patient.

The location is far from the traffic and people of the main ring of Ubud yet convenient to get you anywhere. You can walk up to Sari Organik or down to the palace. A five or ten minute scooter ride will get you to all the museums, The Yoga Barn, Penestanan Road which is a hip road for most expats. and Ubud's largest store Bintang. Quiet location nestled between the rice fields, above a creek gorge and surrounded by trees.

The rooms come in different sizes. They are simple and decorated by Bali Art that mostly comes from Wayan's shop of carvings and statues. The larger rooms have bathtubs. Smaller rooms have showers. Smaller rooms have a door that open from the side for small families. Kids in one room and parents in the other. Larger rooms have big balconies on the second floor. Large rooms on the first floor have a nice porch. The ambiance at night is amazing. Geckos, crickets, bats, fireflies, and frogs.

A swimming pool is a future project. Hopefully it will be there when we go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear my lovely Matt,

Thank you for your touching comments. I am delighted to know that Mulawarman has impressed you and during your stay in Bali. Thanks also for your great support and suggestions toward Mulawarman development and progress. I do really appreciate it. Your constructive comments will be a whip for all Mulawarman family in order to face the challenge future. Please keep in touch and please do not hesitate to let us know to make your upcoming stay to be more enjoy one.

Cheers!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Part of the charm of Mulawarman is that you really feel that you are going somewhere unique and far from home, and yet you have the safety and comfort that you would expect from a five-start hotel but at a reasonable price. The hotel is located in walking distance to all of the major markets, tourist sights and the very best vegan organic restaurant in Bali- Sari Organic. Yet, the entrance is tucked away from the pollution and traffic of downtown and wrapped comfortably in the rice paddies along a small path. As an architect, I was very impressed with Wayan's ability to design clean and yet culturally significant rooms that take advantage of the natural views. There was no clutter or advertisements to buy - just large, elegantly adorned rooms surrounding an open air courtyard and a jungle ravine.

My room was #2 on the bottom floor. I had glass french doors opening up to a patio looking onto the courtyard. My room was spacious with a western-style queen bed, A/C, flat screen tv, and all antique furniture. The seperate bath had an oversized garden tub.

I enjoyed the breakfast made fresh and served on the outdoor patio - typically eggs, five fruits, and freshly baked bread. Occiationally they also served local dishes for breakfast.

Wayan (the owner) was extremely considerate with check-out times, directions, and always ensured that our rooms were cleaned (and even locked) when we were out for the day. She provided a laundry service and airport pick-up (she greeted me at the airport with bottled water and homemade Balinese cookies!!).

I honestly don't believe my vacation would have been so amazing if I had stayed anywhere else. This is the type of business that you want to support when you visit another country - locally owned, operated, woman-owned, and has sustainable and healthy practices. I'm thrilled that I was able support her dream and simultaneously have an amazing 5 days in paradise!

Room Tip: If you want to go all-out, the upstairs rooms are increadible. If you are on a budget or are planning to travel during the day, try the rooms in the new addition becuase they are smaller but clean and comfortable. A great balance of the two are the rooms in the main building on the first floor. I stayed there and my sister and her boyfriend stayed in the room next door. We all loved it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Dwija, Manager at Mulawarman Ubud Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear Linshee,

Thanks very much for your comment. I am delighted to know that Mulawarman has impressed you during your vacation in Bali. Again, I have to say, "Welcome to Bali",since this was your first visit to Bali, I am hoping that Bali island and especially Ubud village had put a memorable memories toward your soul dan mind. Mulawarman Guest House with her family touch services, will always try its best effort to please you while and after. Now onward, you are our family and hopefully, this everlasting relationship will be a memorable history of our life. So, let's make a good story by sharing your great hospitality experiences with us.

What you had during your lovely holiday with us may inspire all of the TripAdvisor readers about a real Balinese hospitality that we are trying to implement on our daily services. Pleased be assured that all your notes will be taking care of and will become a whip for us to keep the good things and to improve all the minus things within Mulawarman.

Once again, thank you very much for your great experiences sharing and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to your second home while you are in Bali, Mulawarman...Discover the meaning of Balinese Authentic Hospitality

Warmest regards from Ubud Bali,

Reviewed September 11, 2012

El servicio es muy bueno, la dueña vino a presentarse y a saludarnos y es muy amigable. Cada día te preguntan a que hora quieres desayunar y que te apetece. Así mismo te dan un zumo natural de bienvenida y te ofrecen te o café a cualquier hora. Las habitaciones son muy bonitas, estan muy bien decoradas, la cama es muy cómoda y el baño también está muy bien, una de las habitaciones tiene el baño con vistas al exterior. La hubicación no está mal en 5 minutos estás en la monkeys road y tienes cerca de todo.

The service is very good, the owner came to greet us and is present and very friendly. Every day they ask you what time you want breakfast and you fancy. Also you get a fresh juice welcome and offer you tea or coffee any time. The rooms are very nice, very well decorated, the bed is very comfortable and the bathroom was nice as well, one of the rooms has a bathroom with a view. The hubicacion not bad in five minutes you're on the road and have monkeys near everything.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The rooms at Mulawarman are beautifully designed by the owner who has put her heart into every inch of the property. The view is magical! It's located next to a ravine that's coated with coconut, banana and jackfruit trees. The opposite side is lush green rice fields. It's located ten minutes (walking) from Sari Organik. It's off the main road so it is extremely quiet. The only sounds we heard were those of geckos, frogs and birds. We stayed in room number 3, which had the bathtub that looked out into the jungle. Breathtaking! We had an amazing experience staying at Wayans and getting to witness the beautiful Balinese traditions. This was our first time visiting Bali and when we return we will stay here again. Thank you so much for treating us like we are apart of the family!

Room Tip: If you want the most sunlight stay in rooms 1,2,3,5,6,7,8.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Wendy,

On behalf all Mulawarman family, I would like to express my sincere gratitude from bottom of my heart for your kind attention toward Mulawarman Ubud Bali. Wayan & I are really appreciate your great effort and comment toward Mulawarman's improvement. I am delighted to hear that your lovely days with us has impressed you and hoping that your experiences with us will bring you back alongwith your friends and relative to experience us as well.

Please do not hesitate to let us know anything I can do to make your next holiday with us to be more enjoyable.

Cheers!