“Highly Recommended,Peaceful location with Amazing Morning Sky”

and 1 more site!
Mulawarman Ubud Bali
Ranked #143 of 629 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 December 2012

My Husband and I stayed here for one night with our 2 children. We could have easily stayed a month here. The rooms are very clean and well equipped with hot water pot for tea and coffee, bottled water, free internet, flat screen tv with satellite,
and hot water in the bathrooms, and a must have -mosquito net for all the beds.
This is one thing that is a must for me in choosing a hotel a mosquito net, which they all have. The bathrooms were also very clean. The rooms are up-to-date well decorated with many of Ibu Wayan's treasures. We stayed in the upstairs rooms and were so delighted with the view and peacefulness of the property. The upstairs rooms also have a common space, a quite beautifully furnished living area to get a little work done on the computer or just read a book and relax. The Kitchen area is open and guest enjoy their breakfast sitting on beautiful carved benches over looking the ravine and rice fields. It truly feels like you are in the jungle but, your only 5 minutes from the main road.

In the morning I was greeted with an amazing colorful sky over the rice fields, truly a perfect Good Morning. I then snuck downstairs before the children woke up and was greeted again with an Amazing Women Ibu Wayan, who welcomed me with a smile and much needed coffee. Next Ibu showed me how to make green pancakes from the pandan leaves in her garden for my breakfast. What a treat green banana pancakes, Ibu truly puts her heart into everything she does.

It's only about a 5 minute walk from the main road but, you wouldn't know it when you're relaxing on your verandah . Mulawarman is so peaceful and quite. One of my favorite parts about the location of Mulawarman is the way its nestled along the river. To get to Mulawarman you must walk down this small pathway with water running along side you , so mystical. Its about a 10minute walk to the famous Sari Organic restaurant in the rice fields and other organic restaurants like the new Pomegranate.

The Staff was so wonderful with our children, truly caring. We even had our little Chihuahua with us that they adored. I will stay at Mulawarman again and I will recommend Mulawarman to anyone going to Bali or people living in Bali who want to get away.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy N

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I made my decision to stay here based on the review in TA and also after emailing their manager Mr. Dwija who was kind and accomodating which is indeed rare nowadays. The moment I stepped in and was shown my room and other available rooms, I knew I made the right decision. My initial 2 day stay is now a 5 day stay. Ibu Wayan, the owner is a wonderful person in keeping the place really clean and going the extra mile for her guests. She cooks breakfast, prepares coffee and also dinner as I don't go out at night. Nothing is too difficult for Ibu Wayan. I would strongly recommend Mulawarman and do contact them to get the best rate for longer stay. It is also a very good way to help our local Balinese friends to prosper. All the best to Ibu Wayan, Mr. Dwija and their wonderful team.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank JSJP01
Dwija, Manager at Mulawarman Ubud Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Der Mrs. Bawani,
Warmest greetings from Mulawarman Ubud!

Thank you for your comments. First of all, on behalf of Mulawarman Ubud family, I would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere thanks and gratitude for choosing Mulawarman as your second home while in Bali. We delighted to know that our accommodation and service have impressed you. I do hope that this will be a starting point for you and your colleagues to be repeater guest and be an everlasting family. I assure you that you did a great choice when decided to stay with us. Because at Mulawarman, you will explore the meaning of Balinese authentic hospitality.

See you next time and have a safe journey back home.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

We accidentally stumbled upon this place after looking for a place to stay on the rice paddies near Sari Organik. We wanted some place quiet and homelike to come back to after a day of yoga and exploring Bali and we found that here. We stayed a month.

The service was great and very personal. This place was only a few months old when we stayed and there was a lot of magic and new energy when we stayed.

The value was great because we stayed long and negotiated a good rate but this is a headache. As westerners it becomes tiresome always negotiating the price of everything in Bali.

The sleep quality was great because there are large ceiling fans and air con in all the rooms. Great new beds. The neighbor has a rooster that lets you know it is 5:30 am but it drowns out in the white noise of the fan.

Clean rooms. New sheets and towels every day even though it doesn't need to be done. They do a great job cleaning the rooms but they are human. The only problem with cleanliness is in the kitchen and they do a far better job than most kitchens I have seen in Bali. Nine out of the ten Warungs/Restaurants I've seen in Bali wouldn't pass code in the USA.

The kitchen is magical. It becomes a public space for cooking, drinking, talking and eating together. It feels like a mix between being in someone's home and in a hostel becomes of all of the different accents and languages being spoken. The owner, Wayan Londri, is a sweet lady and loves her guests. She likes to cook for you if you stay longer than a few days. Free coffee and tea throughout the day. I suggest you negotiate a few great Indonesian meals in with your room.

Wayan's English isn't perfect so just be patient.

The location is far from the traffic and people of the main ring of Ubud yet convenient to get you anywhere. You can walk up to Sari Organik or down to the palace. A five or ten minute scooter ride will get you to all the museums, The Yoga Barn, Penestanan Road which is a hip road for most expats. and Ubud's largest store Bintang. Quiet location nestled between the rice fields, above a creek gorge and surrounded by trees.

The rooms come in different sizes. They are simple and decorated by Bali Art that mostly comes from Wayan's shop of carvings and statues. The larger rooms have bathtubs. Smaller rooms have showers. Smaller rooms have a door that open from the side for small families. Kids in one room and parents in the other. Larger rooms have big balconies on the second floor. Large rooms on the first floor have a nice porch. The ambiance at night is amazing. Geckos, crickets, bats, fireflies, and frogs.

A swimming pool is a future project. Hopefully it will be there when we go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear my lovely Matt,

Thank you for your touching comments. I am delighted to know that Mulawarman has impressed you and during your stay in Bali. Thanks also for your great support and suggestions toward Mulawarman development and progress. I do really appreciate it. Your constructive comments will be a whip for all Mulawarman family in order to face the challenge future. Please keep in touch and please do not hesitate to let us know to make your upcoming stay to be more enjoy one.

Cheers!

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Part of the charm of Mulawarman is that you really feel that you are going somewhere unique and far from home, and yet you have the safety and comfort that you would expect from a five-start hotel but at a reasonable price. The hotel is located in walking distance to all of the major markets, tourist sights and the very best vegan organic restaurant in Bali- Sari Organic. Yet, the entrance is tucked away from the pollution and traffic of downtown and wrapped comfortably in the rice paddies along a small path. As an architect, I was very impressed with Wayan's ability to design clean and yet culturally significant rooms that take advantage of the natural views. There was no clutter or advertisements to buy - just large, elegantly adorned rooms surrounding an open air courtyard and a jungle ravine.

My room was #2 on the bottom floor. I had glass french doors opening up to a patio looking onto the courtyard. My room was spacious with a western-style queen bed, A/C, flat screen tv, and all antique furniture. The seperate bath had an oversized garden tub.

I enjoyed the breakfast made fresh and served on the outdoor patio - typically eggs, five fruits, and freshly baked bread. Occiationally they also served local dishes for breakfast.

Wayan (the owner) was extremely considerate with check-out times, directions, and always ensured that our rooms were cleaned (and even locked) when we were out for the day. She provided a laundry service and airport pick-up (she greeted me at the airport with bottled water and homemade Balinese cookies!!).

I honestly don't believe my vacation would have been so amazing if I had stayed anywhere else. This is the type of business that you want to support when you visit another country - locally owned, operated, woman-owned, and has sustainable and healthy practices. I'm thrilled that I was able support her dream and simultaneously have an amazing 5 days in paradise!

Room Tip: If you want to go all-out, the upstairs rooms are increadible. If you are on a budget or are plannin...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Dwija, Manager at Mulawarman Ubud Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Dear Linshee,

Thanks very much for your comment. I am delighted to know that Mulawarman has impressed you during your vacation in Bali. Again, I have to say, "Welcome to Bali",since this was your first visit to Bali, I am hoping that Bali island and especially Ubud village had put a memorable memories toward your soul dan mind. Mulawarman Guest House with her family touch services, will always try its best effort to please you while and after. Now onward, you are our family and hopefully, this everlasting relationship will be a memorable history of our life. So, let's make a good story by sharing your great hospitality experiences with us.

What you had during your lovely holiday with us may inspire all of the TripAdvisor readers about a real Balinese hospitality that we are trying to implement on our daily services. Pleased be assured that all your notes will be taking care of and will become a whip for us to keep the good things and to improve all the minus things within Mulawarman.

Once again, thank you very much for your great experiences sharing and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to your second home while you are in Bali, Mulawarman...Discover the meaning of Balinese Authentic Hospitality

Warmest regards from Ubud Bali,

Reviewed 11 September 2012

El servicio es muy bueno, la dueña vino a presentarse y a saludarnos y es muy amigable. Cada día te preguntan a que hora quieres desayunar y que te apetece. Así mismo te dan un zumo natural de bienvenida y te ofrecen te o café a cualquier hora. Las habitaciones son muy bonitas, estan muy bien decoradas, la cama es muy cómoda y el baño también está muy bien, una de las habitaciones tiene el baño con vistas al exterior. La hubicación no está mal en 5 minutos estás en la monkeys road y tienes cerca de todo.

The service is very good, the owner came to greet us and is present and very friendly. Every day they ask you what time you want breakfast and you fancy. Also you get a fresh juice welcome and offer you tea or coffee any time. The rooms are very nice, very well decorated, the bed is very comfortable and the bathroom was nice as well, one of the rooms has a bathroom with a view. The hubicacion not bad in five minutes you're on the road and have monkeys near everything.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The rooms at Mulawarman are beautifully designed by the owner who has put her heart into every inch of the property. The view is magical! It's located next to a ravine that's coated with coconut, banana and jackfruit trees. The opposite side is lush green rice fields. It's located ten minutes (walking) from Sari Organik. It's off the main road so it is extremely quiet. The only sounds we heard were those of geckos, frogs and birds. We stayed in room number 3, which had the bathtub that looked out into the jungle. Breathtaking! We had an amazing experience staying at Wayans and getting to witness the beautiful Balinese traditions. This was our first time visiting Bali and when we return we will stay here again. Thank you so much for treating us like we are apart of the family!

Room Tip: If you want the most sunlight stay in rooms 1,2,3,5,6,7,8.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Wendy,

On behalf all Mulawarman family, I would like to express my sincere gratitude from bottom of my heart for your kind attention toward Mulawarman Ubud Bali. Wayan & I are really appreciate your great effort and comment toward Mulawarman's improvement. I am delighted to hear that your lovely days with us has impressed you and hoping that your experiences with us will bring you back alongwith your friends and relative to experience us as well.

Please do not hesitate to let us know anything I can do to make your next holiday with us to be more enjoyable.

Cheers!

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I accidentally "found" this new 4 room hideaway mid July when looking for Sari organic restaurant in Ubud. My stay at Mulawarman was delightful - the welcome , service, food, conversation and attention - Balinese hospitality in superb accommodation. The location is inspiring - on the hill overlooking rice paddies with great organic "eating "' nearby and in house, and down hill is conveniently, Ubuds now bustling,tourist village. I liked everything here - the breakfast was exceptional - the people magic!!

Room Tip: All rooms are very big - "suite like"- I loved the hot bath looking over the beautiful gar...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Dwija, Manager at Mulawarman Ubud Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear Debora,

On behalf of Mulawarman family, I would like to express my sincere thanks and gratitude for your kind reviews. As the 1st reviewer, pleased to congratulate you as our first guest who reviewing us here. We delighted to know that Mulawarman has impressed you during your stay recently. As a new comer in the hospitality industry in Ubud centre, your comment has bring us into a realization that we have to always do the best to all our lovely guests. We are committed to do so and by knowing your review that will become a whip for all of us to do the best consistently. Please feel free to let us know your queries and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to your second home in Bali, Mulawarman Ubud.