2,419 results
All reviewsdala spayoga barnpetani restaurantmonkey forestafternoon tearice fieldsbeautiful hotela la carte breakfastyogurtrain showerlocation was perfectrooms are spaciousbreakfast menurestaurants and shopsdeluxe roomour honeymoonthe main street
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

One of our highlights. Loved it and we decided to extend our stay it was so fabulous.

Staff are off the scale friendly and helpful. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and resorts. This was easily my best experience. Easily! I want to go back to Bali jus to stay here.

It's very unique how they have integrated the resort into the environment. Truly blissful.

I miss it :-(

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Alayahotels, General Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2017

Dear Cory W,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for sharing your experience stay at Tripadvisor.

I am very thankful for the opportunity and trust given to craft memorable experience for you. It is the most gratifying thing for us knowing that you loved the resort and its facilities as well as the services.

Allow me and all my team looking forward to welcoming you to stay with us again in the near future.

Best regards,

I Nyoman Suwamana Wahyu Putra

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Alaya is a lovely resort, beautifuly set amongst rice paddies, right next to the Monkey Forest. It is such a shame that our stay there over the Silence Day in Bali was spoiled by a bunch of arogant, rowdy, disrespectful people who terrorised all other guests with their behaviour. A number of complaints were made to the hotel staff, unfortunatelly to no avail.
The other thing - why only one of the two restaurants were open on a day we were not allowed to leave the resort due to the Nyepi tradition? Personnel was doing its absolute best to satisfy everybody's requests over the dinner time, but they were struggling for no good reason.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Alayahotels, General Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Dear Andrzej B,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our resort. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the pool service during the Silence Day in Bali. We have tried several times to reminds each guest to respect others while using the pool facility, however we are sorry that we have not been able to resolve this, sometimes this is out of our control.

I would also thank you for highlighting the restaurant service, your comment is valid and we will review again to open the 2 restaurant for the next year Silence Day to ensure better service rendered to every guest staying with us.

I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at gm.ubud@alayahotels.com if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back home to our resort.

With much appreciation,

I Nyoman Suwamana Wahyu Putra l General Manager

Reviewed March 29, 2017

We stumbled across this hotel when we were looking for somewhere to eat during our first evening in Ubud in March 2016. I'm so glad we stopped by! We were staying at a different hotel for the 5 days we had in Ubud, but ended up eating all our meals at the Alaya.

For the price of a pizza and drink at Pizza Express we were treated to a beautiful range of fusion cooking for mains, freshly made smoothies and a selection of sensational desserts. The raw chocolate squares were a particular highlight.

We never had a bad or disappointing meal, and all the staff were incredibly attentive; nothing was too much trouble. Live music nights were also a great addition to top off a fantastic experience.

The Alaya definitely served up some of the best food we ate during our trip, and I would loved to have stayed here if we had had a slightly larger budget! I cannot recommend it enough!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

The hotel grounds and rooms are beautiful. The people working at the hotel were also lovely.It stops there. Communication with the hotel prior to our arrival was too slow and they neglected to mention that our stay would be during their Silent Day meaning that all the roads to Ubud from the airport were blocked, taking us 3.5 hours to arrive.

Also, we were forced to stay in the hotel for the whole day, which is fine with us but they had not planned for it. That meant there were not enough loungers for people to use leaving people laying down on the grass. A group of 20 extremely loud guests with their kids took over the pool. Hotel reception told us at least 12 other people had complained before us. Nothing was done.

Then dinner. We were told to order our food at breakfast so that we didn't have to wait when we arrived as it would help the kitchen. We did then waited 2 HOURS for our food. Other tables kept being served before us despite arriving later and despite numerous requests to get the food, nothing worked. As they cut all lights, cable, pool, etc at 6pm, we were forced to eat in the dark (see picture). This place has so much potential but the disorganization of the staff at all levels makes it not worth it.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Protraveller1616,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay during the Silence Day Festive In Bali. Observed from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, Nyepi is a day reserved for self-reflection, and as such, anything that might interfere with that purpose is restricted. The main restrictions are no lighting fires (and lights must be kept low); no working; no entertainment or pleasure; no traveling; and, for some, no talking or eating at all. The effect of these prohibitions is that Bali's usually bustling streets and roads are empty, there is little or no noise from TVs and radios, and few signs of activity are seen even inside homes. The only people to be seen outdoors are the Pecalang, traditional security men who patrol the streets to ensure the prohibitions are being followed.

Although Nyepi is primarily a Hindu holiday, non-Hindu residents and tourists are not exempt from the restrictions. Although they are free to do as they wish inside their hotels, no one is allowed onto the beaches or streets, for the entire day.

Since this is happen for every year, we are very familiar with entire preparation to ensure that every guest staying with us is well organized, and well taken care. However, this had given me the opportunity to investigate the issues arising from your accommodation stay.

I can reassure you your feedback has been followed up with the entire related departments and teams and with the individual staff concerned and existing procedures have been re-instated to avoid the same situation arise for next year Silence Day - we have learn from previous situation.

While I acknowledge this does not improve your experience in any way, it assists us in ensuring such a repeat experience is prevented.

Once again thank you for advising me of your concerns, should you visit Ubud again in the near future I urge you to contact me directly and allow me to personally welcome you back and ensure your visit is enjoyable and of the highest standard.

I Nyoman Suwamana Wahyu Putra l General Manager

Reviewed March 28, 2017

Alaya hotel was another pleasant discover in Bali. We loved i instantly from the first moments we've enter. It's a high quality hotel. Rooms design concept is beautiful and peaceful ( the room was quiet with pool view), staff and service is 5 stars, food tasty and elegant served.
Beside location is very good, in town's center and very near to Monkey Forrest.
Stayed for 3 nights and I wish stayed more but we've been in a circuit.
Definetly next time in Ubud we're book this hotel

Room Tip: rooms with pool view
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Dear danatel2017,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Located in the centre of Ubud makes us proud that our guest can enjoy the surrounding of Ubud itself.

Thank you for being our guest and certainly, we look forward to welcome you back to the resort for another memorable stay in the near future.

Best regards,