“Extremely kind staff, and professional staff!”
Review of Alaya Resort Ubud

Alaya Resort Ubud
Ranked #43 of 200 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

The staff is beyond reproach. Each time we crossed paths with a member of Alayna's team, we were greeted with a smile. Every time we had a question, or needed a service, our needs were accommodated in a timely manner. My wife and I ate at the restaurant at least once per day since everything was well prepared. Delicious! It was actually a bit difficult to leave.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Alayahotels, General Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear Chai D,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for sharing your review regarding to your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to know that you were enjoyed our resorts and its facilities, cuisine as well as the service. And also thank you for your complimentary words upon our staff.

On behalf of Alaya Resort Ubud team, allow me to welcoming you again to stay with us in the near future.

I Nyoman Suwamana Wahyu Putra

Write a ReviewReviews (2,173)

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Alaya is an awesome place to stay in Ubud. Staff is really welcoming and friendly, the restaurants are great and the rooms are quiet, beautiful and clean. At the center of the town it's an opportunity not to be missed!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Alayahotels, General Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear kim0uche,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for write a comment and complimentary review of our resort on TripAdvisor.

I am most delighted to know that you have enjoyed your experience here as well as you enjoyed our facilities, service and location.

Allow me on behalf of my entire team, to welcoming you back at Alaya Resort Ubud and this island of thousand temples.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Our check-in didn't get off to the smoothest start as we were told only upon arrival that the hotel is full/somthing wrong with drainage in our supposed room and that we were moved to Alaya Jembawan instead, which is newer, smaller and located off a pitch dark alley from restayrants.

We moved back on the 3rd day. Staff is helpful and drive us around whenever they could. Would still recommend to friends coming to Ubud for the first time.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2017

This resort is absolutely beautiful. It is in a great location, right on the edge of town, so within walking distance of shops, cafes, Monkey Forest, Ubud markets etc. The staff are simply amazing, so professional and just lovely people. We ate in the restaurant a couple of times and the food was great, with really good live music as well. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can, avoid the rooms that look out onto the pool as these are not so private.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lula P

Dear Lula P,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for your kind time to share your experience to other readers here at TripAdvisor.

I am glad to learn that you've enjoyed our resorts and its facilities, service as well as the cuisine.

Allow me and my team to welcoming you here on the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Alaya Resort Ubud is situated at a very good location. There are many souvenir shops and restaurants along the street where the resort is located. The resort has 2 restaurants where we had our breakfast and the food was great. The room which we stayed was nice, large and very clean. We had a massage at the hotel's spa (Dala Spa) and the service was very good. On top of everything, the service and attitude of the hotel staff was great.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LilianChee

Dear LilianChee,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for your short and wonderful review regarding your stay here at our resorts.

I’m glad to read that you had a wonderful holiday at our resort. Thank you for highlighting the outstanding of DaLa Spa to the readers.

Once again, thank you and I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future and certainly hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as your previous one.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Rooms are awesome - clean. Best bed we slept on in Bali!
Staff are friendly and helpful!
pool clean.
Breakfast delicious.
Front restaurant is delicious and made awesome cocktails!
Situated in rice paddies which is very cool!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear felicity77,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for your short and meaningful review at TripAdvisor.

By this review, I believe you have a wonderful experience as well as you enjoyed the resort and its facilities.

Thank you once again, allow me to welcoming you back here on the thousand temple island of Bali.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

The hotel is very centrally located with shops, ATM machines, supermarket and restaurants very close by. The room was clean, spacious and well appointed. I enjoyed sitting on our patio overlooking the rice fields. Such a treat! The spa is so beautiful and the moment you come in, you feel relaxed. The Balinese massage I had was one of the best I have had! What was even more important and which made our stay very pleasant was the professionalism and friendly attitude of all the staff. They were ever ready to be of assistance.
One thing which the hotel could do is to provide guests with information on what to do in case of an earthquake. While we were sleeping one early morning in March 2017, we heard the windows and sliding doors rattle and shake quite strongly and knew that we were experiencing an earthquake. Luckily it was soon over and nothing disastrous happened and everyone went on with their daily routine. I am aware that earthquakes are not unusual for Bali but am wondering if the hotel provides information on how guests could respond more quickly to earthquakes?
Many guests may come from countries which are not prone to such disasters and may not know how to react quick enough. Perhaps there is information readily available but I overlooked it.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle S
Alayahotels, General Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear Michele S,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for your kind time to share your experience with us at TripAdvisor.

I am glad to learn that you've enjoyed our resorts and its facilities, service as well as the location. Please allow us to take your comments and use it as improvement opportunities for us to ensure fine tuning is made in the future.

On behalf of my entire team, we are looking forward to welcoming you here again to stay with us.