“Just a wonderful stay!”
Review of Alaya Resort Ubud

Alaya Resort Ubud
Ranked #43 of 200 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 8 April 2017

We just stayed three nights in an "Alaya room" which to be honest looked exactly like every other room I looked in as we passed in the long corridors, which thankfully were undercover because we had three days of heavy rain...Apart from the weather which no one has any control over, we had three wonderful days of staying at this hotel, perfectly located, and walking distance to all the attractions, we loved the unique style, the unbelievable staff, who seem to genuinely be interested in how you are enjoying your holiday, nothing fake about them, which can be the case in some hotels, and loved the food, we normally don't eat at hotels, preferring to seek out local places, but we had dinner one night there, and it was wonderful, the ambiance, the talented singer, who if you closed your eyes sounded just like Ed Sheeran or even Sting, and getting my husband out of bed early on holidays proved easy after the first incredible breakfast he had in the open air restaurant, a lovely choice of menu, he tried a different one each day and loved each mouthful! Lastly, I will say a big thank you, to the lovely lady who checked my room as we were checking out, rang reception to tell them not to let me go, because I had left my camera memory stick by the bedside, complete with all my holiday photo's on it...a tiny little stick but meant a lot to me, on closing I will say I have stayed at 5 star hotels in Ubud at 5 times the price, and you all surpassed this with your AMAZING staff, thank you again.

Room Tip: If you are old, or handicapped, or not so fit, ask for a ground floor room, its a long hotel and you...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Alayahotels, General Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

Dear wendyinafrica,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you very much for your kind review regarding our resort.

Thank you for choosing Alaya Resort Ubud as your destination in Bali and I'm glad to know that you were enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for your complimentary words upon my team. I will surely share your comment to them.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back again to this beautiful island for another memorable stay.

I Nyoman Suwamana Wahyu Putra

Write a ReviewReviews (2,173)

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

This was the reason we went to Bali. It's quiet well located the staff is nice. The pools were very nice. Our two years old was able to walk in the pool. The hotel served us tea in the afternoon. We had a view of the rice field from our room. It was magic, relaxing and wonderful!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear maryaube2014,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for taking your time to write your beautiful review and shared it with our Tripadvisor readers.
Through this review, I believe that you were enjoyed the resort and its facilities. Thank you for choosing us as your destination in Bali.

Sure, allow me on behalf of my team, looking forward to welcoming you here on the near time.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

The staff is beyond reproach. Each time we crossed paths with a member of Alayna's team, we were greeted with a smile. Every time we had a question, or needed a service, our needs were accommodated in a timely manner. My wife and I ate at the restaurant at least once per day since everything was well prepared. Delicious! It was actually a bit difficult to leave.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Alayahotels, General Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear Chai D,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for sharing your review regarding to your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to know that you were enjoyed our resorts and its facilities, cuisine as well as the service. And also thank you for your complimentary words upon our staff.

On behalf of Alaya Resort Ubud team, allow me to welcoming you again to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Alaya is an awesome place to stay in Ubud. Staff is really welcoming and friendly, the restaurants are great and the rooms are quiet, beautiful and clean. At the center of the town it's an opportunity not to be missed!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Alayahotels, General Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear kim0uche,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for write a comment and complimentary review of our resort on TripAdvisor.

I am most delighted to know that you have enjoyed your experience here as well as you enjoyed our facilities, service and location.

Allow me on behalf of my entire team, to welcoming you back at Alaya Resort Ubud and this island of thousand temples.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Our check-in didn't get off to the smoothest start as we were told only upon arrival that the hotel is full/somthing wrong with drainage in our supposed room and that we were moved to Alaya Jembawan instead, which is newer, smaller and located off a pitch dark alley from restayrants.

We moved back on the 3rd day. Staff is helpful and drive us around whenever they could. Would still recommend to friends coming to Ubud for the first time.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2017

This resort is absolutely beautiful. It is in a great location, right on the edge of town, so within walking distance of shops, cafes, Monkey Forest, Ubud markets etc. The staff are simply amazing, so professional and just lovely people. We ate in the restaurant a couple of times and the food was great, with really good live music as well. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can, avoid the rooms that look out onto the pool as these are not so private.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lula P

Dear Lula P,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for your kind time to share your experience to other readers here at TripAdvisor.

I am glad to learn that you've enjoyed our resorts and its facilities, service as well as the cuisine.

Allow me and my team to welcoming you here on the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Alaya Resort Ubud is situated at a very good location. There are many souvenir shops and restaurants along the street where the resort is located. The resort has 2 restaurants where we had our breakfast and the food was great. The room which we stayed was nice, large and very clean. We had a massage at the hotel's spa (Dala Spa) and the service was very good. On top of everything, the service and attitude of the hotel staff was great.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LilianChee

Dear LilianChee,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for your short and wonderful review regarding your stay here at our resorts.

I’m glad to read that you had a wonderful holiday at our resort. Thank you for highlighting the outstanding of DaLa Spa to the readers.

Once again, thank you and I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future and certainly hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as your previous one.