Alaya Resort Ubud
US$226
US$182
US$104
2,281 results
All reviewsdala spayoga barnpetani restaurantmonkey forestriceafternoon teabeautiful hotelyogurta la carte breakfastrain showerthe ground floorlocation was perfectrooms are spaciouspaddy fieldsdeluxe roomour honeymoonthe main street
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Spent 7 nights and enjoyed everything about the resort. The staff are exceptional and believe that this is due to the General Manger, Suwamana Wahyu Putra's guidance. Our accommodation was well appointed and functional.

The Petani restaurant had a very good menu and my husband loved the ribs and duck.

Cannot fault the location and lived walking past the monkey forest daily seeing what the rascals were up to.

Our stay was very comfortable, we were looked after and will definitely stay at the Alaya Resort again on our next trip.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Alayahotels, General Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Dear Maria L,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for your kind time to share your experience with us at TripAdvisor.

I am glad to learn that you've enjoyed our resorts and its facilities, service as well as the cuisine. Thank you for highlight our Petani Restaurant.

Allow me and my team to welcoming you here on the near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

Can not complain about anything ...Alaya is seriously the best location by far in Ubud .. we leave tomorrow and seriously we wish we had booked longer here and then less time in our next Seminyak villa.
This is a big hotel and with a obviously with high occupancy rate because it is pretty much so welcoming ..
We opted not to get the breakfast each day because we already went hard in Kuta on hotel breakfasts .. however we were given a complementary meal in the restaurant and also complementary coffee in afternoons ..
The Restaurant in house rates very high on trip advisor and we are not about to disagree .. the entertainment a few nights of the week is of a high standard and to us were very memorable nights .
We found this hotel very reasonable in price and unless you are on a tight budget then you should enjoy Ubud from this key location ..
I'm pretty sure that the more you see of this hotel and it's facilities then the more you will be singing it's praises also .

Doug

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank Dougy_Lyell
Alayahotels, General Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2017

Dear Dougy_Lyell,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write review on TripAdvisor.

Through this review, I believe that you were enjoyed your experience from the begining until you leave Alaya Resort Ubud. Thank you for choosing us as your destination in Bali.

Sure, allow me on behalf of my team, looking forward to welcoming you here on the near time.

Reviewed April 8, 2017

We booked the Alaya Ubud thru Expedia in Nov 2016. Our room was confirmed and guaranteed for late arrival. Unfortunately, the Alaya did not feel compelled to honor this guarantee as upon arrival on April 02 around 3Am in the morning we had learned that our hotel reservations had been modified to a later check in date of April 04 and that there were no rooms available to accommodate us. The clerk initially indicated we had modified our date then later changed the assumed blame to Expedia. Fortunately with the assistance of our shuttle driver, the clerk was able to locate an availability at another hotel nearby. We were instructed to contact the Alaya Ubud after 9am to see if the situation could be remedied. However, after arriving at the new hotel and their exceptional customer service we chose to remain at the new hotel and solicit a refund thru Expedia. The next day we did walk thru the Alaya Ubud to see what we were possibly missing out on. The hotel grounds looked nice but seemed extremely crowded and noisy compared to the quiet and quaint hotel we had been relocated to. Turned out we had made the right decision. I would not recommend the Alaya Ubud based on our experience and preference.
LikeShow more reactionsCommentShare

Stayed: April 2017
4  Thank Christopher M
Reviewed April 8, 2017

We just stayed three nights in an "Alaya room" which to be honest looked exactly like every other room I looked in as we passed in the long corridors, which thankfully were undercover because we had three days of heavy rain...Apart from the weather which no one has any control over, we had three wonderful days of staying at this hotel, perfectly located, and walking distance to all the attractions, we loved the unique style, the unbelievable staff, who seem to genuinely be interested in how you are enjoying your holiday, nothing fake about them, which can be the case in some hotels, and loved the food, we normally don't eat at hotels, preferring to seek out local places, but we had dinner one night there, and it was wonderful, the ambiance, the talented singer, who if you closed your eyes sounded just like Ed Sheeran or even Sting, and getting my husband out of bed early on holidays proved easy after the first incredible breakfast he had in the open air restaurant, a lovely choice of menu, he tried a different one each day and loved each mouthful! Lastly, I will say a big thank you, to the lovely lady who checked my room as we were checking out, rang reception to tell them not to let me go, because I had left my camera memory stick by the bedside, complete with all my holiday photo's on it...a tiny little stick but meant a lot to me, on closing I will say I have stayed at 5 star hotels in Ubud at 5 times the price, and you all surpassed this with your AMAZING staff, thank you again.

Room Tip: If you are old, or handicapped, or not so fit, ask for a ground floor room, its a long hotel and you have steps, no lift.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear wendyinafrica,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you very much for your kind review regarding our resort.

Thank you for choosing Alaya Resort Ubud as your destination in Bali and I'm glad to know that you were enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for your complimentary words upon my team. I will surely share your comment to them.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back again to this beautiful island for another memorable stay.

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

This was the reason we went to Bali. It's quiet well located the staff is nice. The pools were very nice. Our two years old was able to walk in the pool. The hotel served us tea in the afternoon. We had a view of the rice field from our room. It was magic, relaxing and wonderful!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear maryaube2014,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for taking your time to write your beautiful review and shared it with our Tripadvisor readers.
Through this review, I believe that you were enjoyed the resort and its facilities. Thank you for choosing us as your destination in Bali.