All reviews private pool buggy service main pool overlooking the valley bath and shower ubud centre free shuttle golf buggy our honeymoon rooms are huge four poster bed nusa dua afternoon tea relaxing stay we loved our stay welcome drink rice
Reviewed October 20, 2016

this place as absolutly beautiful. all the staff are helpfull and always trying to help you. everyone always smiles and says hello. the room we stayed in was the vally view pool villa which was fantastic. the bathroom with the outside shower and bath was so beautiful and the design was awesome. we felt like we were living like kings and queens. the pool over looking the vally was to die for. the only bad thing about it was that we had to leave!! the free shuttle bus to ubud center was perfect for us. enough time to do everything and the bus was always on time. did not take long at all to get there. definetly coming back here. we also got to have massages and facials which was so relaxing and definetly value for money. the ladys at the spa definetly knew what they were doing. all in all. you should definetly stay here!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2016

The Payogan Villas are a short (15-20 min) drive out of Ubud and ideal as a base to explore the city. First up the hotel staff are super friendly and helpful, they arranged a couple of tours for us and there is a regular shuttle bus into and out of town, which saved having to order a cab each time.

The room we stayed in was a 1 bed pool villa, and it was HUGE! We had a king bed, spacious living area, monster-sized bathroom (bigger on its own than several hotel rooms we have stayed in!), a sun room and then outside our own private patio with infinity pool and small pavillion. There was beautiful hardwood furniture throughout, if all the furniture was added up in Aussie prices it would have come in the 10s of thousands of dollars range.

The hotel restaurant did a decent brekky - nothing amazing - but it did the job. Also included was a 2 x 1 hour massage voucher which was excellent.

All in all I would definitely recommend staying here, it's not fitted out in completely modern style but that's a big part of the charm - it feels like staying in an old-school jungle temple!

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with 3 friends and it was lovely, clean and large rooms and the private pool is amazing. We were in a valley view room and the view is not down into the valley because of the large walls but this makes it feel so private. My only negative is that there is very little privacy in the bathroom because the doors are glass but this can be easily worked around
Would come back for sure

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2016

This was not a 4.5 or 5* resort - I would give it a 3.5* at best (I had just come from another 5* and the difference was night and day - even my local driver questioned my choice). The furniture is dated, there were stains on some of the linens, and there were ants all over the private pool deck, a lizard in my room. When I brushed up against something in the minifridge, a clump of bugs fell out. It's far from Ubud centre and the shuttle only runs every 2 hours, with the last return at 9pm. The grounds are very lush and green, but this is more of a cottage experience than a luxury villa - if you are looking for luxury, pay a little more and get a real 5*.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
PayoganVilla H, Manager at The Payogan Villa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2016

ear Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure to have you stayed with us and I thank you very much for your review towards our Resort and services, it is very important for our future reference.

Your generous comment will be shared to the entire team of The Payogan resort. Apologize for the unpleasant experience stay in the resort, We will always trying to maintain the level of services deliver to our guest as well as keeping the property in a good shape.

Best Regards

Ferry

Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

The staff was so lovely.
You 've free Shutlle Service to go to Ubud Palace (Center).
The private pool villa just amazing & so luxury ☝.
The quality of brekfast is so high ☝
You have " Free Tea Time 15/18H"
The viewso natural
The Spa is so relaxing.
The pool area is so hevenly
I recommand this Villa & Resort @ Ubud
It's the place " to be"

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure to have you stayed with us and I thank you very much for your review towards our Resort and services, it is very important for us to keep the good impression for our future reference.

Your generous comment will be shared to the entire team of The Payogan resort. We will always trying to maintain the level of services deliver to our guest as well as keeping the property in a good shape.

Once again I thank you very much for being our guest and looking forward to welcome you back.

Best Regards