New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #17 of 183 Hotels in Ubud
Singapore, Singapore
“Fabulous & Marvellous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

We arrived at Junjungan Ubud Hotel n Spa at about 8.30pm. The tranquility n serenity of the whole hotel n the very warm n sincere welcome by Dolir, the front desk staff, drove all our tiredness n weariness away!

Dolir was not the only friendly, warm and genuine staff there... ALL the staff at Junjungan are just so polite, attentive, caring and ever-ready to serve! One can immediately sense that all these Balinese staff serve with their hearts! No pretense at all!

The night scene is extremely lovely n peaceful... we could even see fireflies in the padi fields!

The free wifi n the free shuttle - BONUS to the teenagers!

My gal had a bad fall during our biking trip, treated as outpatient n returned to the hotel - the staff were so caring and concerned... they made enquiry about how well my gal was recovering... We were so touched!

The breakfast n afternoon tea were great! The rooms are so clean n comfortable. I love my dream beds! Four-posted beds!!

We enjoyed the serenity n peace - away from the town centre. The on-demand shuttle service really helps!

Great n lovely hotel!

We will be back!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MichC_2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Shah Alam, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

We were welcomed by a front desk and he gave us a a detailed explanation of the hotel services.Then we were served with a glass of welcome drink-fresh juice. The front desk offered us to pack our free breakfast out because ŵe need to leave the hotel the next day at 3am for sunrise viewing at Lovina.The breakfast was properly packed into containers with fresh fruits and bottles if mineral waters.
When we got into the room, we complaint that we wanted a double bed but the room was with two twin beds. They quickly combined two beds and rearranged the sheets for us in less than 10 minutes.
We stayed in Deluxe Awan. The view of the balcony was a paddy field. At night, we can hear the sunday of nature, insects and a sky filled with stars.if you look closely, there are fireflies flying around the paddy field and some on our balcony roof. the room was clean and th toilet was brilliant with a huge bath tub that fits two person. Water heater's temperature was good.
On our second night,we had dinner at the restaurant and the waitress were very polite. The front desk on the second night was a different person. We asked for a massage after 6pm but the hotel's massage was closed.He offered ago help us call the massage centre at Ubud to check on their availability, then he will arrange a shuttle to send us out.Unfortunately, all the massage centers were fully booked. The hotel massage starts at 10am till 6pm everyday. We need to check out at 10.30am tomorrow. He managed to arrange a massage for us at 9am.
They tried their best to fulfill all our needs and wants.Its a wonderful two night stay and we definitely will come back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Room was big and had a great view.
The shuttle service does not run on any schedule. They are ready to take you to town whenever you want. Return is based on the time you tell them to wait for you at the pickup point.
Or you can call the hotel and they will send the driver over immediately (about 10 mins drive).
All the staffs were very warm and friendly.
The breakfast and tea that came with the room were excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

We stayed at Junjungan hotel and spa for 5 bliss filled nights! The rooms are excellently appointed and suit the relaxed vibe of Ubud, there is a hint of lemon grass around the hotel which is set into the landscape- very refreshing! The service is exceptional and our every need was catered to brilliantly (special mention to Siwi you were absolutely delightful)!
Spa treatments were great and well priced (please note that as a result of the great price the towel I was given after my bath was very old and stained but I didn't mind) and the restaurant is very good. Tasty and lots of variety.
The location is just a quick moto ride or free transport ride from the main street and town, we preferred driving ourselves as we were able to enjoy the rice field vistas that are right outside or balcony (literally right outside magical !)
The free transport is so handy and always available. They took us anywhere we wanted to go in Ubud including the wonderful Yoga Barn on Hanoman.
As a couple we had a tremendously relaxing experience at Junjungan hotel and spa. We could not recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed December 2011
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

Just back from a four night stay at this marvelous hotel that have marvelous, well train, polite & with good communication hotel employees! I heard the owner of the hotel is a Singaporean, well done to the owner, you have me standing up, my hands clapping & with a salute.

I arrived there tired & wet as it was raining that time, I came from Kuta, previously stayed three nights there at a superb tight budget hotel. The first thing was a hotel staff running towards me with a umbrella while another one went to get my luggage.

The receptionist greeted me with superb politeness with good command of English, I can understand easily what she was saying. Check in was smooth & fast. My luggage was taken to my room even before I step in the room as the hotel do not have lift, I deeply appreciate the two boys that help me carry my luggage upstairs.

Then the magic begins - I never experience these services before. The receptionist told me she will show me my room, I say wow, yes of course. The first thing when I enter the room was I felt great & relax, the nice smell of the room & the BIG space was very surprising to me, the room is really BIG!

Balcony - As my room was on the top floor, sitting there, the fresh air, enjoying the superb view of the green lush paddy field with ducks running around, this was heaven for me during any time of the day.

Bed - I was given two single bed because I was told by the receptionist that when I made reservation for this hotel, there was no double bed room available, those has been taken by other guest but she offer me a simple & brilliant solution. She would join the bed when I am not in the room, that evening when I return from dinner, I was amaze what has been done. The bed has been join together, the bed gap was gone, a piece of cloth was place between the two bed, so the two beds does not look separated & a double bed comforter was use. So problem solve for me & my companion. There is two pillow & a bolster for each bed, quite comfortable as well.

Toilet - wow the tub is really BIG. It can accommodate two adult at the same time. The towels smell fantastic too, hand, face & bath towels all are provided. They are change everyday when I am not in my room, this is really good! Water pressure was good too, cold water is very cold while hot water is very hot, lol.

There is a fridge & water boiler. Can cool up my own drinks & boil water for coffee. There are two bottles of free drinking water for consumption & they are being replace with new ones everyday.

Table & chair for you to put your laptop. There is a 21 inch TV too with dvd player. There are few local channels with HBO, National Geography, Disney Channel & TLC. Internet connection was available all the time, the speed was good & acceptable.

There is also space with sofa & coffee table for you to enjoy your room service. Talk about room service, the choice of food & drinks are very good. I order three room service during my stay, the food was tasty & the presentation was beautiful too, I can fell the heart & the attitude to the details in preparing those food. Most amazing thing is the price for food & drinks are very reasonably price, no cut throat pricing at all. Even the nearest restaurant is twenty minutes away, the hotel decided not to take advantage of guest with the pricing of the food.

Hotel restaurant, I absolutely love it! The food (breakfast) & environment was amazing, there is a water stream by the side of the restaurant, you can hear the sound of water while enjoying your breakfast, this is so relaxing & make my mind very clam. The hotel do not provide buffet breakfast, menu is a la carte style, chose which breakfast you want to eat the day before it & a time you wish to have, earliest can have breakfast is 7.30am. Any meal you chose, the portion is very BIG too! For drinks can chose one hot drink & one cold drink, hot drinks include coffee, few types of teas & milk while cold drinks include several fruit juice. Anyway all the breakfast choices are very delicious!

The hotel provide free transport to & back around Ubud area too, can use them go to places you wish to go. I think the service start from morning till 10pm. There are four bicycle provided at the hotel, can cycle around if you wish too. I tried the bicycle ride, the start was all downhill that was quite fun but the return part that will test your stamina, its all uphill.

I did use the hotel tour, the price is 450,000 rupiah for one day, the driver was on time, very friendly & English speaking, even with a tight schedule, manage to bring me to all the places that I wish to go. The driver was be patient too, thank you Ketut Puja!

Lastly I would like to complement all the staff in the hotel, the people that made my stay so marvelous! All the staff I meet great me by my name, I was amaze, they do remember your name! Even the gardener, the cook & the delivery boy will great you politely. Good memory they have there! During my last day there, I was amaze even the cook & waiter know it is my last day here, I being greeted bye & hope to see me again soon. I was like shock & wow, these people really communicate very well around here.

During my check out, a boy was standing ready by my door expecting me to open my room door so he can carry down my luggage. I was amaze again, really amaze.

Anyway there is always room for improvement, I hope the hotel will find a better solution to the mosquito disturbance issue during evening & night time.

I will defiantly come back again to this hotel!

Thank you.

Your sincerely, Kevin.

Room Tip: Book online & call up to confirm the room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kinna084
Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

I think the most outstanding point of the hotel is the staff. From the receptionist, waitress, cook, driver, everyone is young and energetic yet very professional and friendly at the same time. They greeted us from the heart everytime we walk by, and often ended up in a pleasant small talk.

Although we stayed in the cheapest room type (Sawah), the room was still huge! And there's also a small veranda literally on the edge of the rice field. In the daytime there were the locals and ducks, and nighttime a few fireflies to spot. The amenities provided were extensive, including sewing kit and toothbrush (comes in handy since I just realised when I get there that I forgot to bring one). There was a stream (natural I think) running right beneath the hotel so it isn't too hot even in daytime.

The breakfast, oh, the breakfast! There were numerous choices, from the standarad breakfast to pancakes and local food like nasi goreng. I only had the standard one, which was clearly up high above the standard! The portion was large and there are options to let you tailor it, what kind of bread and how do you like it, eggs, fruit juices, hot/cold drink, what kind of tea etc. I personally love the mango jam here, tasted very natural and not too sweet. The staff at the breakfast room were also amazingly nice, both the waitress and the cook.

The location, as mentioned in other reviews, was a bit out of town. It's not a problem though since you're going to be either self-drive or hire a driver anyway. The hotel provided a few bicycles in case you want to explore the village. I didn't use but think it's a good spot for that since it's a bit away from town and therefore the village remains as it should be. The shuttle bus is also provided on your demand from 9am-10pm. They can drop you wherever you want, like the Dirty Duck in our case : )

The massage was nice and reasonably priced.
All in all, would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who like to live in peace and being take care of. Everything is just right, not too much and not too little. It's the best hotel experience I have ever had.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Campinas, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Fantastic service, very good accommodation and good prices. We had a room with a great view of some rice paddies. Definitely recommended.

A funny note: when we left the hotel I've forgotten a t-shirt in our room and they've sent a guy in a motorbike after our taxi to return it. :)

Room Tip: If you are a couple: they gave us two separate double beds, so make sure before getting your room th...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple