All reviews lotus pond beautiful temple water palace royal palace banana pancakes sunrise walk bungalow style room cost the main street writing desk balinese dancing ubud market location is excellent easy walking distance traditional balinese style a nice place to stay monkey forest
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a night after finding a package that included a massage in our room, a trek and tickets to a Balinese dance. Just as a sidenote when you read hot tub in Bali it actually means bath. The bungalows are smack bang in the middle of Ubud on the grounds of Saraswati water temple so it was peaceful with incredibly beautiful surroundings with lotus ponds, a pool, greenery. It was really quiet as well. The bungalows are traditional, with high ceilings a beautiful doorway and a porch with a table, chairs and a writing desk. The bed was huge and comfortable, the bathroom was beautiful marble and the bath was sunken into the floor. The breakfast was lovely. My husband had the banana pancake which he said was the best breakfast he'd had in Bali. It only missed on a 5* rating because the staff were a little unorganised. My package included a rice fields trek which took a while to organise. I was asked to go to reception at a specific time and nobody was there. I waited around for a bit before going on the walk alone. When I returned my husband said they'd called to see if I was ready. Overall, we had a lovely, relaxing stay and would definitely return here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2017

Our second time to saraswati bungalows and we weren't disappointed. The staff speak very good English and the breakfasts are heaven sent. It is right next to the Lotus Cafe and easy walking distance to all the shops as well as the rice fields. It is a little tired these days but remains good value for money.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are newer than the ones at the front.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2017

We stayed for 4 nights here, so glad we did. It is situated on the main street in Ubud but once inside the grounds it is so quiet and peaceful . The garden are well kept and so lush and beautiful. There are 18 rooms of bungalow style. Very authentic, with balcony and aircon, fridge and lounge. Only thing missing was coffee and tea facilities But not a big issue.

For the price we paid it was good value .Breakfast is included in the cost. No buffet but A short walk through the grounds and you are in the Saraswati temple. With a beautiful lotus pond and Cafe as well which puts on Balinese dancing most nights. I would recommend staying here for a cheap but restful stay.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking temple
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2017

We choose this location because it was in heart of town in the grounds of the old water palace owned by local royalty. the Water palace is open to public for free (next door and separate to Puri Saraswati) and has shows for a fee at night. We loved it here because we asked for a room in the back of property and it was so quiet and restful. Pool very refreshing after a day trekking/ travelling to other places. Room is basic (not modern) but they changed sheets every day and kept room in order. Only down side is no shower screen so floor got wet every time we showers (shower over bathtub). I plan to return to ubud and stay here again. The reception staff can also take you on sunrise walk through the padi field (2 hours) for a fee ($300 rupiah for 2 of us). Breakfast included in room cost.

Room Tip: rooms in back of property quiet
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2017

The first bungalow was in the back corner of the resort had one night there then asked to move the next day as the a/c from another bungalow kept us awake all night .The second was up stairs over looking the pool .I loved it but my partner thought it was a bit mouldy also there was no tea making facilities just a small bar fridge under the cupboard .Even thought it is smack in the middle of Ubud there was no noise. Breakfast was nice made by the Lotus cafe next door and owned by the Kings family as is the resort .The staff are lovely especially the two women that waited on us at breakfast. Would I stay there again .? Yes .

Room Tip: get the room above overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple