Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$15
Hotels.comUS$14
PricelineUS$15
TravelocityUS$14
CheapTicketsUS$14
Orbitz.comUS$14
All reviews family temple minute walk banana pancakes balinese style four nights rice fields jungle compound driver poolside tranquil waterfall indonesia
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately the pictures on the site are not at all like the rooms we had one room very mouldy and sheets were not clean evidenced by the stains and hair in the bed
just a screen on bathroom window the other room very small tired furnishings not enough room to put suitcases no real clothing storage and can see the dining room from bathroom shower window
AC unit was directly blowing onto canopy so it had to be tied away to allow circulation of AC we had paid for two rooms for three nights we left the next morning

Trip type: Travelled with family
KetutsPlace, Owner at Ketut's Place Bed & Breakfast Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2019

Dear Indigloflight,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it and really apologize regarding the issue.
My place located in the real balinese home and very common to hear cat, dog and rooster even that not all day but there is. This is bali which the unique and culture.

Reviewed April 22, 2019

I booked a room based on the reviews from Trip Advisor and my experience was a little different from what was written online.

Ketut's Place is beautiful, with lush gardens that are intertwined with picturesque villas. My standard room with airconditioning was done up in a charming Balinese style (not like those faceless modern rooms in downtown Kuta) and the amenities in the room were very basic. The place is very clean and you can tell that the staff has a lot of heart.

Check-in was a quick affair and I was offered a quiet room (as per my request) at the top of a 3 storey villa. Not a problem for me, but might be for some. Bed sheets were clean, but my basic room did not come with a kettle, which they promptly loaned to me. Housekeeping was a bit of a miss as they are a little slow with their cleaning. The kitchen dishes out standard warung fare if you're hungry.

Overall I'd stay at this place again for its quaintness, but might look elsewhere if I want uninterrupted sleep through the night.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear 2074BC, thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it and already upgrade our linens. All the lines is new and your suggestion really helpful to make our place grow up.
Thanks again.
Best regards, ketut & family

Reviewed April 21, 2019

I stayed at Ketut's Place 2 for a week on my own and it was wonderful. The staff.could not have been more charming, friendly and helpful. I was greeted every day with warm smiles and greetings and a delicious breakfast by the pool or on my balcony of eg pineapple pancakes, or scrambled egg on toast, fresh fruit and coffee. The place is calm, luxurious and peaceful, with a gorgeous pool area. Everything was very clean. My room looked out over the jungle at the back of the property and I had two balconies, the other one facing the inner courtyard and Ketut's family temple. I had loads of space, airconditioning, an amazing bathroom with a round tub as well as shower, a huge bed surrounded by mosquito nets, and even a friendly Buddha in my room. Best rooms for privacy and peace are upper floor and/or to the back of the hotel i.e. near the pool. Although the place is newly built it oozes charm and character with intricate stonework everywhere, statues, and the peaceful sound of running water. There is a lovely spa area with massages and the staff are very happy to arrange trips, taxis, airport pickups etc. The food in the hotel is very good and cheap if you want to eat in. If you fancy something more upmarket on your doorstep, the Balinese restaurant directly on the other side of the road is excellent if a little more expensive. The shuttle bus service to the town centre goes back and forth a few times a day and Ubud is crammed with great places to eat. Highly recommend. Thank you to everyone there, you made my stay so special and I left with many happy memories.
Note- The location is along a road which is unsidewalked towards the hotel. It's quite a long walk but I usually walked it in the mornings. At night though (night falls quickly around 6.30pm) if you haven't hired a scooter you'd want a taxi. ( max 70, 000 rupiyah, about 4 euros) or to take the shuttle bus which leaves the town centre around 6pm, just because the road is not well lit and can feel a little alarming if used to sedate European traffic. Don't let that put you off though, the benefit of being a little out of town is the sense of coming home each night to an oasis of calm.

Dear MsDea,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate it and hope to see you again in another time.

Reviewed April 4, 2019

My partner and I stayed at Ketut's place for a total of two weeks and it was a wonderful retreat to kick back and and relax in. The complex offers a variety of rooms either overlooking a pool or situated on several levels down to a ravine with views of a small river. We arrived very late the first evening and were greeted by one of the family members who made us feel very welcome. The following day we asked if we could change rooms as we did not like being quite so far down and away from the pool as there were several flights of stairs to climb, plus we had no outside balcony to enjoy our breakfast. Mr Katut senior was extremely gracious and offered us various options,either to relocate to the newer complex further out of Ubud, which is really quite luxurious and brand new, or to move up to a room situated just one level below the pool. We chose the latter and were very happy for the duration of out stay. Mr Katut and his extended family are quite delightful and we felt part of a wonderful cultural experience, meeting both the very youngest to the eldest. I felt privileged to watch the everyday simple ceremonies that are such a integral part of their life. They were all so kind, helpful and very accommodating. We wanted to arrange mopeds for a day and that was done so efficiently without any hassles. In fact anything that needs to be arranged can be done at Ketuts and the price differential is pretty minimal, plus the ease and convenience of everything to hand is a bonus.
The restaurant and coffee shop are also very good indeed and a welcome alternative, if one can't be bothered to trek into the town centre,which is about ten to fifteen minutes walk away.
The surrounding gardens and and temple situated in the middle of the complex are just delightful and so nice to return to after being in the throng of of the very busy centre, A very welcome retreat....
Highlights for me were having a lovely fresh healthy breakfast delivered to our little balcony every morning by smiling staff. Enjoying a Bintang most evenings up on the restaurant balcony overlooking the pool, again very nice and peaceful....everyday interaction with family members and their very funny friendly dogs, who seemed very chilled most of the time, until they spot a cat !!
I was grateful that we were staying a little bit out of the main drag as it was quiet. There are some excellent Warungs situated within the immediate vicinity, so it's not necessary to walk into town everyday.
Great value and a very enjoyable stay

Room tip: rooms above ground level are more attractive, overlooking the pool or just situated a floor or two below the swimming area. .
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KetutsPlace, Owner at Ketut's Place Bed & Breakfast Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Dear Happyangloswede,
Thank you so much for your feedback, we really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our place. Hope we can see you again in another time.

Reviewed March 30, 2019

This place was so peaceful and serene. The staff were absolutely amazing! They were friendly, helpful and kind. I loved having breakfast delivered every morning. The location is in close proximity to shops. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
KetutsPlace, Owner at Ketut's Place Bed & Breakfast Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2019

Dear Sharinapr, thank you so much for your stay at our place. We really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Any recommendation regarding the place it will be helpful for us. We will see you again in another time.