“Nice morning walk”

Ranked #16 of 139 things to do in Ubud
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Had a free morning so decided to do this walk, but did it in the opposite direction to the description - think this was a good thing. We started off on the road at Starbucks, passed the various Homestays, Tour Operators and other businesses. The road soon became quiet and we turned left across the fields following the "Sweet Orange Warung" signs which brought us around to the path which comes back onto the main road at the Paon Restaurant. Intended to return to either the Sweet Orange or the other Warung if opportunity arose, sadly not enough time. Total distance was just under 5km, under 1 hour.

All reviews
"puri lukisan"
"quiet walk"
"bamboo bridge"

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Got up early to do this stunning walk through the rice fields. Lots of greenery. Path was very quiet. Places along the way to buy drinks and art work. Allow at least 2 hours to do the full walk starting and finishing in Ubud city center.

1  Thank SunTraveller84
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

We liked the walk so much , we did it twice in one day, early in the morning and later in the afternoon around 430. We walked past the Luxe complex about 10 minutes, did a turnaround and returned via the Warung Orange restaurant. In the morning we had coffee at a hotel on the path and in the evening a fruit drink at Waring Orange. The light was different in the early morning and later afternoon giving you a different perspective. The easier way to access was to walk down Kajeng street and the trail starts at the end of the street, I am not use where it exits if you do the full walk. If you exit via Waring Orange you come out via a temple on the main street, the trail is not so straight forward as Kajeng. I recommend this walk, if you are walking after 700 am you can take the shuttle from the Monkey Sanctuary and get dropped off at the end of the street, it is only a 10 minute walk to the trailhead from there. The shuttle is free. Go early in the morning or late afternoon to avoid the heat.

4  Thank Paul H
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

The stairs....you’re risking your life so make sure you have travel insurance but the views, sense of adventure and achievement were worth it.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 26, 2018

This was one of the worst places I have ever been to. We paid an entrance fee (which I'm ok with as we expected that and knew before going there) but when walking the fields I was stopped multiple times by a local who aggressively stood in front of me with their hand out trying to stop me and saying "donation". I asked what for, when we paid to visit and their response was "the bridge". I didn't see a bridge and refused this "donation" at which point I was grabbed on the arm. I was not impressed and asked the local to kindly stop touching me, after I passed he almost did the same thing to my fiance. I understand wanting money from tourists but there are better ways to go about it. This happened throughout the whole rice fields. I would highly recommend you not go here unless you are in the mood for a fight.

1  Thank Hewie O