“Very good budget eatery”

Warung Makan Bu Rus
Ranked #65 of 983 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

The quality of food here is really good when you only need to pay 20k idr for nasi goreng or mee goreng. Dishes are better than average Ubud standard and I would recommend anyone to eat there if you prefer local food

Reviewed June 14, 2016

Warm welcome to this traditional Balinese restaurant with a special attention to the customer! I nearly walked past this place as the entrance does not seem to be any special, but was then surprised by the beautiful garden restaurant. I spent hours there, even after finishing my food, having a chat with the owners, a nice couple Rosemini and her husband Geda. They were so nice and also invited me to come sit in their garden anytime even though I wouldnt want to eat.
Geda was kind enough to get me some shopping as he was off to go into town, while I was eating, so highly customer-friendly!

I would come anytime again1

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed June 8, 2016 via mobile

Found it on Tripadvisor took my curiosity to give a try! When in Bali, I only look for local foods. So there I was. I tried the Chicken Curry and Pork Satay. Both were delightful and freshly cooked - so be patient and don't be grumpy if you hungry! Loved the corn fritter as well (I had 4 pcs myself, LOL).
Portion is fair, not too big, so you still can try anything else.
Bu Rus and her husband were super friendly and made me feel comfort while eating there. She told us about her business history and how she learned to cook.

Would definitely come back!

Reviewed June 7, 2016 via mobile

Wonderful meals that come with bright smiles! Very well-priced, with basic Indonesian meals starting at 20kR for generous portions. Sit back in the garden, not by the street.

Reviewed June 6, 2016

We were going to a nearby babi guling restaurant, only to find out that those aren't open for dinner. So, we stopped here. In the front, it looks nothing special. But, they took us "inside" to a lovely hidden courtyard.

The food is cheaper than many in Ubud. My food was very good. My wife thought her soup was good, but not as good as mine. (Can't remember exactly what we had.)

Date of visit: May 2016

Been to Warung Makan Bu Rus? Share your experiences!