“WOW! Kudos to Nyoman.”

TAKSU Photo Gallery
Ranked #12 of 86 things to do in Ubud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: North of Soccerfield next to Pandora Jewellery This photographic space aims to be a place to bridge photography and culture. Our vision is to bring people together, in an effort to expand our consciousness, through outstanding cultural photography. The gallery presents the very best of Bali and Indonesian photography from a variety of artists.Book your TAKSU Bali Photo tour at the gallery and enjoy 5% off. Tours leave daily.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

A must do for the photographer in your group. Did the 1/2 day tour with Nyoman and 3 other photographers. We were fortunate to have excellent weather for the outdoor shooting. Fabulous sunrise shooting of the rice fields with Mt. Agung in the distance. Great market shots with perfect golden lighting. Portrait opportunties galore. Very lucky to have a rare temple ceremony occuring nearby. Hundreds of participants including the local king. Chance of a lifetime shots. All photograghers were relatively experienced, but Nyoman offered some great suggestions along the way. Highlight of the trip for me.

Date of experience: April 2018
David M, Owner at TAKSU Photo Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Thank you for the feedback.
Some days on the Photo Tours all the things connect and it sounds like one of those days.
So happy you got some amazing photos and Nyoman was so helpful.
Please come back and see us.

All reviews
"portraits"
"sunrise"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 28, 2018

They have a great new restaurant and deli opened upstairs that does amazing coffee! Lovely staff who speak english well.

Date of experience: March 2018
David M, Owner at TAKSU Photo Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Hello and thanks for your review, however we dont have a restaurant or sell coffee in Taksu photo gallery, it seems you have miataken us for someone else.

Reviewed January 17, 2018

Centrally located in the heart of Ubud, you will find Taksu Photo Gallery.

Climb the stairs and enjoy the cool space, a welcomed relief after the heat on the Street.

I really enjoyed gazing at the beautiful photographs on the walls of the Gallery, the space reminds me of a cool Gallery in New York.

I purchased two beautiful books, the perfect gift.

I highly recommend visiting Taksu Photo Gallery when you are in Ubud.

Date of experience: December 2017
David M, Owner at TAKSU Photo Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Thank you for visiting our photo gallery and your positive feedback. We are very happy to be compared to a cool gallery in New York! I hope you enjoy the books and they always remind you of beautiful Bali

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

Taksu Photo Gallery is a must do activity while in Ubud. Free for entry and a lot of fabulous photos to look at. There are books, calendars, post cards all high quality and good value for money. Conveniently located on Monkey Forrest Road right in the heart of Ubud. I would recommend this gallery to anyone who is interested in photography or looking for a moment of peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of Ubud Square.

Date of experience: December 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed November 25, 2017

My first photography tour was today. Nyoman was right on time for our 5am start and we headed off to the first of our locations. Noyman was continually offering tips on how to get better shots which was just what I needed. He wasn't pushy or jumping in all the time to correct me. Gave me my freedom to take plenty of shots then made a few recommendations which had the desired results.

He was genuinely popular and well known by others wherever we went and connected really well with people. Recommended tour for anyone wanting to make some improvements to their photography skills. Be sure to take a spare battery! So glad I bought one before coming to Ubud.

Date of experience: November 2017
David M, Owner at TAKSU Photo Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Thanks very much for coming on one of our day tours with Nyoman and so happy that you did. Nyoman is a great teacher and guide and we are proud of what he achieves with the clients.
Hopefully you can come back to photograph Agung in all it’s glory.