Scarlet Dago Hotel
TripAdvisor
US$26
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 24, 2010

5th November, 2300hr Indonesia Time.

Reach Scarlet Dago Hotel after 6-hours ride journey from Jakarta Airport all due to the 'macet' (traffic jam).

Upon arrival the concierge welcome us by helping us unload our luggage with warmth smile from them. Then I proceed to the Reception area to check-in. They are very polite.
Then unexpectedly we were welcome with a welcome mango drinks served to me and friends. That's is so nice of them although its kind of late night.

As I booked an Executive room which could hold 7 person in a room. Upon opening the door. Oh My God!! it was big... and of course clean... probably the hotel is still 10 months old.
But what could ask for from them.

Their breakfast was nice I would say because to me I could ask more as they serve from rice to noodle to porridge to omelet to pancakes to dessert to salads to fruits.... its like all complete but obvious it could not be compare to certain high-class hotels of course.

The Housekeeping team are the ones that really really amaze me on my last night stay there as my other 4 friends are out and me & Fiancee just come back from our last shopping at Rumah Mode, the Housekeeping Team are in our room cleaning & changing our bedsheets. My Fiancee saw them on how they clean the floor... Its not by mopping the floor people, its by their bare hands and a small towel... Yeah some people will say who cares its their jobs... but to clean a big room... I deeply feel kindof bad... So Fiancee choose not to let them clean on my bed area... I really give a superb ten thumbs ups to the Housekeeping team.

The reception team are as well superb thumbs up to them for their friendliness and as well very resourceful...

To me, the hotel's location are fine as it is situated in the middle of Bandung I would say as it is in the center of Bandung's attraction place. With Super Nice Cafe Halaman next door serving super super nice drinks (Iced Kopyor, Hot Chocolate & etc) and foods (Nasi Goreng Kampung, Nasi Sup Buntut Bakar & etc)

Never ever to forget Bandung's weather which forever cold.... Damn damn nice. I so love it.

Definitely I strongly recommend this hotel to other friends in Sg if they are going to Bandung.
Plus definitely I will always return there if happens I'm going to Bandung again. Next year Scarlet Dago Hotel do awaits our the Bandung Kakis 2 arrival next year May.

I so so so love Scarlet Dago Hotel Bandung. Huha!!.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank AjakTeoridom
Reviewed November 15, 2010

This is the best ever hotel i've ever stayed in eventhough its just a boutique hotel... With a good price & excellent customer service, what more can we ask... Its definately recommended to those travelling with families or a group of friends.. We are planning to come back again next year & enjoy our time there..

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Very good boutique hotel, got a good deal of www.laterooms.com, was there during the Merapi incident and flights were cancelled in and out of bandung, was so glad the hotel extended the stay for us upon request and honor the same rate off laterooms, hence we got extra days to shop..hehehe..,

The service from the front desk was excellent , tried their best to accomodate whatever request from flight confirmation to getting a rental car for us. Rooms were very modern and upmarket, i like the beddings though..

The down side of this property was the rooms were not sound proof at all, if you want to stay , do try to get rooms on the upper floors facing the rear of the hotel, as our rooms were right infront of the main road 1 floor up, we find it very hard to sleep soundly with the honking noise and all..moreoever the last night we were there, some local Indonesian guests were partying in the corridor until 2am (from a company meeting trip or something), and were smoking away ..the smoke sipped into the rooms, and a couple of times rang our door bells. The management should separate the families from groups like this, as there were disturbing the peace of the the guests there and make everyone uneasy with such people there.

Anyhow I do enjoy the stay there even though the hotel is lack of facilities which most of us travel to Bandung is to shop, but utmost importantly the its a nice place to stay and the staff there are friendly !!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank scubadude9
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nites as the hotel which I wanted were fully booked.We booked the Gold room.Comes with 2 QUEEN BEDs.Very Comfy.Clean room. But hate the Bathroom too SMALL....
Free fruit platter also a sweet welcome note by the GM...really nice of them..Really appreciate the Guest.

Bfast was so so. Acceptable.Very Nice hotel deco.The Staff were exceptional.!

Its kinda a new hotel so everythg stil in good condition.

Location wise, U need to walk about 10-15 mins to Dago area, where all the FOS r located...Anyhow..if ure lazy..just use the "angkutan'"...

What you actually see in the website...dats what u get..Unlike other hotel..

Try it.......in Bandung renting a car is cheap. So don bother about d location, when u got urself a car and a driver.. Muliarental.com (use this)..Great service by the Owner, Ratna and the driver..Worth it...

Btw, I don think Scarlet Dago is a b&d type...it is way more better than that. A Family boutique Hotel. Affordable price as well

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ElaineElysha
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Our stay in this hotel went beyond our expectation. Service was excellent and consistent throughout the staff in Scarlet Dago. I am usually skeptical when it comes to hotel claiming to be "boutique" as the decor may show otherwise and service is usually basic. Upon arriving, we did not expect to be greeted with drinks and genuine smiles. As it is a new hotel, the room was clean and everything was new. The gold room with two beds is big enough for the four of us. Cable TV shows over 67 local and international channels. My only gripe is the bathroom, which is rather small and hence only fitted for a shower room. Wifi is free in every room and one has to simply ask the counter for the password. Another factor to consider this hotel is its location. Being near to the airport, Dago is located centrally to other attractions. Breakfast was ok, with a few selections of local and western flavors. Just like the previous reviewer, I hardly write hotel review unless my stay went beyond what I expected. This hotel deserved a recommendation and kudos to the staff for making our stay memorable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family