“Comfortable Stay in Cozy Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Scarlet Dago Hotel

Scarlet Dago Hotel
Ranked #45 of 308 Bandung B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Comfortable Stay in Cozy Atmosphere”
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I stayed in Scarlet Dago Hotel with my friends. We wanted to have a private getaway from our work so we stayed in Scarlet Dago Hotel for the weekend a few days ago. The location of this hotel is very good, in my opinion. It's relatively not far from shopping centers and places of interest in Bandung. We rented the Diamond Suite, which actually is bigger than we need, but since we got extra money then we rented it anyway.

The Diamond Suite has a cozy atmosphere with trendy touch. The room is divided into two smaller rooms with a solid partition. It has three bed which could accommodate two people each and also has a sofa which is comfortable enough for one person to sleep on. The beds, just like what I expected to be, were very comfortable and provided a good sleep. The Diamond Suite got two flat-screen TVs, one in each of the smaller rooms. It's good since my friends and I got different taste of TV channels, so we got to watch what we want without disturbing anyone.

The room's rate is already including a free Wi-Fi connection. When I used it, the download rate reached 90-100 kbps on average. The bathroom only has a shower, with no bath tub. It's not big, but clean and the toilet amenities are complete. The bathroom got a transparent glass with a retractable folding screen, probably for those with romantic traveling reasons. The breakfast buffet was quite nice, many variety of foods to choose from. The taste is also not disappointing.

Overall, this hotel is more to the expensive side. But in my experience, it was worth it. I would recommend this hotel for business trips and romantic getaway.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
Jurong, Singapore
Reviewed 24 November 2010

5th November, 2300hr Indonesia Time.

Reach Scarlet Dago Hotel after 6-hours ride journey from Jakarta Airport all due to the 'macet' (traffic jam).

Upon arrival the concierge welcome us by helping us unload our luggage with warmth smile from them. Then I proceed to the Reception area to check-in. They are very polite.
Then unexpectedly we were welcome with a welcome mango drinks served to me and friends. That's is so nice of them although its kind of late night.

As I booked an Executive room which could hold 7 person in a room. Upon opening the door. Oh My God!! it was big... and of course clean... probably the hotel is still 10 months old.
But what could ask for from them.

Their breakfast was nice I would say because to me I could ask more as they serve from rice to noodle to porridge to omelet to pancakes to dessert to salads to fruits.... its like all complete but obvious it could not be compare to certain high-class hotels of course.

The Housekeeping team are the ones that really really amaze me on my last night stay there as my other 4 friends are out and me & Fiancee just come back from our last shopping at Rumah Mode, the Housekeeping Team are in our room cleaning & changing our bedsheets. My Fiancee saw them on how they clean the floor... Its not by mopping the floor people, its by their bare hands and a small towel... Yeah some people will say who cares its their jobs... but to clean a big room... I deeply feel kindof bad... So Fiancee choose not to let them clean on my bed area... I really give a superb ten thumbs ups to the Housekeeping team.

The reception team are as well superb thumbs up to them for their friendliness and as well very resourceful...

To me, the hotel's location are fine as it is situated in the middle of Bandung I would say as it is in the center of Bandung's attraction place. With Super Nice Cafe Halaman next door serving super super nice drinks (Iced Kopyor, Hot Chocolate & etc) and foods (Nasi Goreng Kampung, Nasi Sup Buntut Bakar & etc)

Never ever to forget Bandung's weather which forever cold.... Damn damn nice. I so love it.

Definitely I strongly recommend this hotel to other friends in Sg if they are going to Bandung.
Plus definitely I will always return there if happens I'm going to Bandung again. Next year Scarlet Dago Hotel do awaits our the Bandung Kakis 2 arrival next year May.

I so so so love Scarlet Dago Hotel Bandung. Huha!!.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank AjakTeoridom
Jurong, Singapore
Reviewed 15 November 2010

This is the best ever hotel i've ever stayed in eventhough its just a boutique hotel... With a good price & excellent customer service, what more can we ask... Its definately recommended to those travelling with families or a group of friends.. We are planning to come back again next year & enjoy our time there..

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Very good boutique hotel, got a good deal of www.laterooms.com, was there during the Merapi incident and flights were cancelled in and out of bandung, was so glad the hotel extended the stay for us upon request and honor the same rate off laterooms, hence we got extra days to shop..hehehe..,

The service from the front desk was excellent , tried their best to accomodate whatever request from flight confirmation to getting a rental car for us. Rooms were very modern and upmarket, i like the beddings though..

The down side of this property was the rooms were not sound proof at all, if you want to stay , do try to get rooms on the upper floors facing the rear of the hotel, as our rooms were right infront of the main road 1 floor up, we find it very hard to sleep soundly with the honking noise and all..moreoever the last night we were there, some local Indonesian guests were partying in the corridor until 2am (from a company meeting trip or something), and were smoking away ..the smoke sipped into the rooms, and a couple of times rang our door bells. The management should separate the families from groups like this, as there were disturbing the peace of the the guests there and make everyone uneasy with such people there.

Anyhow I do enjoy the stay there even though the hotel is lack of facilities which most of us travel to Bandung is to shop, but utmost importantly the its a nice place to stay and the staff there are friendly !!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank scubadude9
Malaysia
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Stayed here for 2 nites as the hotel which I wanted were fully booked.We booked the Gold room.Comes with 2 QUEEN BEDs.Very Comfy.Clean room. But hate the Bathroom too SMALL....
Free fruit platter also a sweet welcome note by the GM...really nice of them..Really appreciate the Guest.

Bfast was so so. Acceptable.Very Nice hotel deco.The Staff were exceptional.!

Its kinda a new hotel so everythg stil in good condition.

Location wise, U need to walk about 10-15 mins to Dago area, where all the FOS r located...Anyhow..if ure lazy..just use the "angkutan'"...

What you actually see in the website...dats what u get..Unlike other hotel..

Try it.......in Bandung renting a car is cheap. So don bother about d location, when u got urself a car and a driver.. Muliarental.com (use this)..Great service by the Owner, Ratna and the driver..Worth it...

Btw, I don think Scarlet Dago is a b&d type...it is way more better than that. A Family boutique Hotel. Affordable price as well

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ElaineElysha
Singapore
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Our stay in this hotel went beyond our expectation. Service was excellent and consistent throughout the staff in Scarlet Dago. I am usually skeptical when it comes to hotel claiming to be "boutique" as the decor may show otherwise and service is usually basic. Upon arriving, we did not expect to be greeted with drinks and genuine smiles. As it is a new hotel, the room was clean and everything was new. The gold room with two beds is big enough for the four of us. Cable TV shows over 67 local and international channels. My only gripe is the bathroom, which is rather small and hence only fitted for a shower room. Wifi is free in every room and one has to simply ask the counter for the password. Another factor to consider this hotel is its location. Being near to the airport, Dago is located centrally to other attractions. Breakfast was ok, with a few selections of local and western flavors. Just like the previous reviewer, I hardly write hotel review unless my stay went beyond what I expected. This hotel deserved a recommendation and kudos to the staff for making our stay memorable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I took a risk to book this new hotel when I was choosing one for my first trip to Bandung. I noticed that because it was newly opened, not many reviews were available online. So due to the budget constraints, we decided to try it.

Upon getting there, I was really impressed by the beautiful hotel decoration. Everything there is brand new. The rooms, despite its cheap and affordable price, was very clean and nothing about it seems "budget". The great thing about this place, is that most of its rooms are family ones, so you can stay here with your friends or family and not have to fork out extra for another room. The beds were good, but I found the pillows to be rather high for my taste, so I found it hard to sleep on it throughout the night. But that's probably my preference. All the rooms also come equipped with Wifi.

Breakfast is really decent for a boutique hotel in Southeast Asia. With the last boutique hotel I stayed at in Bangkok, I found that the breakfast there was really substandard. But in Scarlet Dago, the breakfast was great and on par with some more expensive hotels.

The staff were also very friendly, and directed us to wherever we wanted to go. There was an incident where we decided to go for a night out, but found that the price quoted by the taxis were too expensive. The hotel staff actually made the effort to call a few more taxi operators for us, until we were satisfied with the pricing. Also during one morning when we slept in, a hotel staff rang us up to remind us of the breakfast time. I found that to be very thoughtful.

The location of this hotel is good, but it's not really within walking distance to any factory outlets. We have to take a cab every where, although the famous Dago Street is just about 5 minutes away by cab. It is, however, next to a very famous restaurant in Bandung called Kafe Halaman, which has great environment and even better food. Our driver/tour guide actually recommended this place to us, and we were so happy because we needed a place to have dinner, which is within walking distance, as we were all exhausted by shopping. Also Mc Donald's and Circle K convenience store is just down the road.

I don't usually write reviews for hotels but I decided to on this one, because I think more tourists deserve to know about this place. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Bandung.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends