“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Bandung

Novotel Bandung
Ranked #19 of 223 Hotels in Bandung

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I have just returned from my first trip to Bandung, Indonesia. Staying at Novotel Bandung was definitely a good choice. My wife and myself was impressed with the staff and overall quality of the hotel. I will definitely choose this hotel for my next trip to Bandung. Though I do have some suggestions:-

1. Install covers to your wall power sockets as my one year old son couldn't stop putting his fingers in the socket.

2. For buffets, flies were seen on the fresh fruits and cold cuts which made me think twice before eating them. Maybe you guys could do something about this.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NovotelBandung, General Manager at Novotel Bandung, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Mr Z14_88,

Warmest Greetings From Novotel Bandung.......!

Thank you very much for your positive reviews and your loyalty to Novotel Bandung. We do really happy to hear that you satisfied stay with us. That's the most important for us; make our guests happy and smile. However, we do also take some notes from you related with our power socket and flies at the fresh fruit. We may install the cover for the power socket.

At Novotel Bandung, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Once again, thank you so much for your review and comments on our hotel's facilities and services. My Team and I hope to have another opportunity to serve you again at Novotel Bandung in the near future.

Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Novotel Bandung is located in Pasir Kaliki area, a not so crowded area but still easy to get around town. The area is a bit quiet but only about 15 minutes drive from Pasteur exit toll. The check in staff was very quick and efficient. There was nothing fancy about the room, but it is spacious, the beds are great and everything works very well. So it is very comfortable.

Breakfast in the hotel was also very nice. The staff that I met whether it is front office, restaurant, laundry or house keeping are very nice and works efficiently. Compare to the price I paid, I would say this hotel is a value for money hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NovotelBandung, General Manager at Novotel Bandung, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Mr Tedzski,

Warmest Greetings From Novotel Bandung.......

Thank you for your time to provide us feedback on your last stay with us. We are happy to see you enjoyed our hotel as an efficient check-in, spacious rooms, good location, nice bed, fantastic breakfast and the most important is our hospitality staff which bring you to the value for money.

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I had booked to stay at the Novotel months earlier and when I arrived and booked in thier reservation inormation was different to what they had sent to me, fortunately I had a copy of the reservation they had sent to me. I must admit after the initial mix up, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The restrauant staff were wonderful and their English was excellent, especially Aga, Ariel and Ifa.
A lovely city and much cooler in temp than here in Malaysia. If you want to buy clothes, Dago is the place with many Factory Outlets. We took a metered taxi everywhere but please note..no matter what the meter amount the minimum charge is 20,000rp so don't be shocked.
I was told that taxi cost is NO more expensive after midnight as it is here..50% more between midnight and 7am. We didn't have a chance to visit any of the attractions but we will next time. I can recommend the Black Canyon Coffee shop for food and coffee etc. This shop at the Paris van Java shopping mall.
Back to the Novotel.. Be careful as when I booked out I paid my bill with my credit card for 2.7million rp and returned home. Upon checking my bank account their was payments pending for payment to the Novotel amounting to nearly 9million rp. I'm yet to recieve a reply from Novotel in this matter.Because of the booking in problem and now the over charging WE will NEVER stay at the Novotel again. I have stayed at the IBIS hotel in Jogjarkarta and it was wonderful all round. Next time i'm in Bandung I will stay at the Ibis Hotel there. I hope this has been helpful. Please enjoy your stay in Bandung.

Room Tip: We stayed in a smoking room 5th floor. I have no complaints. We paid US60 per night including Breakf...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stephen k
NovotelBandung, General Manager at Novotel Bandung, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Mr Stephen K,

Warmest Greetings From Novotel Bandung......!

We appreciate your very details sharing of your experience while staying with us. We take you compliment from all your positivr input as well as your comments where we need to improve. I noted your comment on our staff who are friendly and helpful and I also note your booking reservation information which is different. However, this matter it solved already.

The other note that is the most important for me is about different charge. I have all evidences with me that we charge you at Rp.2.7 million (exact number is Rp.2.714.400). Since I can't attach the evidences, please provide me with your email address. However, if it's true that we charge you at Rp.9million, we will fully responsible to give you the refund (please provide us with the evidence that we charge you at Rp.9million).

Mr Stephen, here is my email address gm@novotelbandung.com This matter is really important for us as consider this will bring our reputation as well as honesty. Please email me and give me your explanation on this matter and I do need your email address as I want to send you the evidence on jpeg format.

Many thank again for the feedback, we certainly hope the incident above will not deter you not to come back and stay with us again.