All reviewsshopping mallsimpang limabusiness tripthe executive loungefast wifidirect accesscar free daybreakfast buffet ishotel is locatedsmoking roomhotel is greatplus pointconvenient locationstreet foodnon smokingnice place to stayindonesia
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

We will definitely return when next staying in Semarang.

* WIFI was very strong.

* Breakfast had a large variety of Western/Indonesian/Pastry foods, as well as different styles of fresh coffee.

* Room was very clean, serviced daily, and had full satellite TV.

* Check in/Check out was very fast and easy.

* Good location (attached to the shopping centre with lots of shops).

* No smoking room and restaurant area available.

* Staff were professional, always active, helpful, and spoke English well.

* Only a short taxi from the airport (about 10-15 minutes).

For the price, this is a very good hotel which offered great value and service.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
IdaBagusArdana, Manajer Umum at Hotel Ciputra Semarang, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Mr. Rob B

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Ciputra Semarang!
First of all, thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Ciputra Semarang. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at Hotel Ciputra Semarang through tripadvisor.com.
We very much appreciate your compliments regarding our staff, facilities and location.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

I spend two good nights on Ciputra Hotel during a business trip. My whole stay was pleasant, but I have one complaint which I will describe later on. This is hotel is fairly an old one, but it is strategically located right in the center of the city. It's on one of the sides of Simpang Lima. Unlike other hotels that are around Simpang Lima, Ciputra Hotel felt like it's part of Simpang Lima itself.

In front of the you can find, of course, the famous Simpang Lima. There's also a bus terminal for Trans Semarang which I found very convenient for my transport from Airport to hotel (very cheap!). On the back, you can a shopping mall - I'm not a mall goer but having mall connected to a hotel is very convenient.

The room is old. I can spot some furniture and equipment aging, but everything is well maintained and are working properly. Bath tub, which is rare in affordable hotels nowadays can be found here.

Breakfast was good. Plenty of varieties, mostly local and traditional cuisine which is good to introduce Indonesian local delicacies to foreigners. Hotel staffs are kind and helpful.

My only complaint was, in my room 716, the television always turns on (like an alarm) every 3 AM in the morning.

Overall, it was a good stay. There are better and newer hotels in Semarang, but definitely will recommend Ciputra Hotel for people to try at least once.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IdaBagusArdana, Manajer Umum at Hotel Ciputra Semarang, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Dear Mr. Fajaradiartha

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Ciputra Semarang!

First of all, thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Ciputra Semarang. Many thanks for taking the time to record your comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Hotel Ciputra Semarang and for your review of the stay.

We are concerned about your comments regarding the television always turn on by itself. I have coordinated with Engineering and Housekeeping team to check the television and make sure the television can work properly.

We would like to apologize for your inconvenience and would like to assure you that we will follow up on those points.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here overnight and found it good.
Staff was friendly. There are lot of food stalls around simpang Lima and attached to a shopping mall. Good choice in breakfast. View of the city was a plus point.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr/Mrs. Girish D

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Ciputra Semarang!
We very much appreciate your compliments regarding our staff and location.

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

I know this hotel since I was in Elementary School and it seems not changing at all.
Located in the downtown, very close to the Simpang Lima Semarang, and side to side with Citraland, one of the first mall in Semarang.
The price was cheaper than any other same class hotel.
I love the facility of the hotel, clean aisle, clean room, comfortable bed, almost complete TV channel, a lot of menu for breakfast, easy acces to the mall (I can buy snack there, so I don't have to pay expensive price for same item prepared by the hotel).
But the hotel still has prons like uncontroable room temprature and doesn't have free of charge airport pick-up service.
But overall it's still one of the best hotel in Semarang.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IdaBagusArdana, Manajer Umum at Hotel Ciputra Semarang, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Dear Mr. Hilmitan

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Ciputra Semarang!

We are concerned about your comments regarding pick up service. We will be using your information to review our operation to identify our obvious shortcomings during your stay and hope that with this information we will be able to improve our service for the future.

We would like to apologize for your disappointment and would like to assure you that we will follow up on those points.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is strategically situated at 'kawasan simpang lima' so that makes it easily accesable. Next to Ciputra Mall with its own entrance really helps since in the mall you can find grocery store, movie theater, mcdonalds and even starbucks. Within walking diatance there are lots of local delights open for business untill very late over midnight. Although the hotel is a bit old, the nice staffs are always ready to help with a smile on their face. Towels may be replaced though cos some of them shown the wear and tear from being laundered for many times. Overall I would recommend this hotel to help you enjoy Semarang.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IdaBagusArdana, Manajer Umum at Hotel Ciputra Semarang, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Dear Mr. Sandy S

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Ciputra Semarang!
We very much appreciate your compliments regarding our location.