Solo Paragon Hotel & Residences
US$33
Agoda.com
US$36
Agoda.com
All reviewsshopping mallliving roomcoral restaurantnice hotelswimming poolfamily suitedirect accessexecutive roomnice poolfitness centerstrategic locationshower areacheck in processpay attentionrecommended hotelconnecting doorbusiness trip
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed here with my wife and son to attend a cousin's wedding. check-in was fast and pleasant. the room is OK in terms of size and furnishing. some things I don't like:

- TV was not working properly, the channels are blurred
- Shower is fixed at the wall, this is the most impractical kind of shower.....

The location is surprisingly remote... you have to go thru a small lane to arrive there. its walking distance to Solo Grand Mall (although Solo Square would be a better mall).

Breakfast is OK. The biggest problem I have is with the lift. Only 4 lifts serving 25 floors of approximately 30 rooms. waiting time for lift is quite unacceptable at about 10 minutes when its crowded.

I think the website gives an honest representation of their rooms, I got mine exactly like how I saw it on their website.

Other than that everything else is quite OK. Its a decent stay, though not exciting or excellent.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AyatoKamina
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel and just loved the new-ness of everything. My room is fairly large with a 2-seater sofa facing a rotate-able flat screen tv. On the opposite side is the queen size bed, so you can watch either way. The room is well lit and very comfortable, gives one a very cozy feeling. If you like high floors, this hotel will suit you as the lowest is 9th floor (2nd-8th being apartments) and the highest is 25th.

The staff is very friendly and courteous. Overall, a very pleasant impression.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the ongoing construction work at the next door shopping mall as there are night time work past 12 midnite. Not that loud but audible.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank desasolo
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Just stayed for one night at the Solo Paragon Hotel, and my company rented me a 2 bedrooms suite for the night. Basically it is a decent room, although a bit small for a 2 rooms suite. It is clean and has a modern/minimalistic designs so commonly found in many large cities across the nation.

However for me the hotel has no characteristics. When I go to smaller towns like Solo, I kind of expect to see a hotel with a little bit of cultural nuances in it, especially since Solo is trying hard to build an image as a cultural center for Indonesia. This hotel is very much similar like other large hotels that you can simply take away the brand name and replace it with a big brand names and people would not notice the difference. The room is a bit 'cold', not because of the air conditioning, but it lacks a personality. Decent place for a short stay, but me personally would no enjoy a long stay here.

On the plus side, the bed is very comfortable, and I do like the pillows that they use, they are so soft and fluffy that I did not have any trouble at all sleeping in the night.

Food wise is quite decent, I had dinner at the restaurant downstairs because it was raining that night and I felt too lazy to go out. Had a nice noodle and a very good traditional tea mixture. One of the best tea that I have ever enjoyed!

The staff are friendly and polite, and they are quite helpful with my request of doing a more than once a day cleaning up because I used my suite for meetings.

All-in-all, it is not recommended for tourists who would like to enjoy the traditional Solo, but a more than decent place to stay for business purpose.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2011

stayed 1 night. Cheap price for 4 stars hotel. Deluxe room is big, clean, and modern. Facilities are good, fitness centre, swimming pool, free wifi, and kid center. definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BudiT
Reviewed September 21, 2011

my trip was on 17 september 2011, I've stayed at Paragon for 1 night, they have cheap price when you book online with agoda.com, the building is new with all facilities that i need on my trip and also many of the facilities is free of charges, e.g. : in room wifi access etc, the breakfast is okay, many selection from western to indonesian menu, but the taste of food is average

i recommend this place if you guys have plan a trip to Solo, Indonesia

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo