“Always good to be back”

Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya
Ranked #44 of 138 Hotels in Surabaya
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Always felt back home when the check in again at this hotel. The front office immediately recognize me and give a warm welcome as always.
Rooms are still clean as my recent stay with views leading to the Raya Darmo street. Afternoon tea is always available on 5pm to every guest who stays. We can enjoy a cup of tea or warm ginger while enjoying the melody of the piano played by a local artist.
Only one word for those of you who plan to visit Surabaya to try the hospitality of this hotel. highly recommended

Room Tip: great view
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
YayanMulyana, General Manager at Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Dear Dhayandirgantara,
Warmest greeting from Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya,

We proud to know that our loyal guest have great experience during stay with us. Thank you for your compliment regarding our warm welcoming, our facilities maintained, regarding our food quality and also our hotel location.

Once again thank you so much for share your experience with us and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

As we expected a hotel with swimming pool, it was obviously disappointing realising there was none.

Then, things went from bad to worse :

The staff suggested we go to the gym (if you can call it a gym). Out of 4 treadmills, only 1 was working. No one was available to repair the others.

For dinner, we went to the hotel restaurant which was filled with tobacco smoke. We waited for ages and courses were brought one by one. I had finished my own before my wife was brought hers. When it came to signing the bill, i was told I had to pay for it immediately as when checking in no one had asked me for my credit card. I suggested it could wait until I check out but the front desk receptionist refused and asked me to go and get my credit card. (The risk they were taking was around 20 euros).

I came back with my card and asked to speak to the manager. I was introduced to someone (was he the manager ? I doubt it) who obviously did not care much about this.

Chose another hotel in Surabaya, this one is not managed.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank GallieniCy
Reviewed 5 April 2016

The location
Pandegiling street is a side street at the end of the Raya Darmo Street, right in the center of Surabaya. Ample of eateries can be found within walking distance from the hotel. At night, the Pandegiling street in front of the hotel is populated by many street vendor selling all kinds of items from clothing to food. The nearest shopping mall is the huge Tunjungan Plaza, it takes less than 10 minutes by taxi (without traffic, it costs: Rp 15,000-20,000). The return trip by taxi takes longer because of the one-way street (without traffic, it costs Rp 25,000-30,000).

The hotel
This is the first Santika hotel in Surabaya, opened in 1998 and underwent renovation in 2011 that successfully turned an old hotel into modern looking one. They did a great job at creating tastefully designed guest rooms. The lobby has high ceiling, but with ordinary layout. The restaurant is spacious, also with ugly layout. There is NO swimming pool. It has spa called Ten-Eleven (which is basically room 1011 on 10th floor). Small gym. And that’s it. If you stay here just to spend the night and rest after a whole day of work and meeting then this Santika is OK. But if you look for a hotel for holiday or for a family, you will be deeply disappointed.

The hotel's general facilities
The lobby: rather small and boring
The restaurant: spacious
Swimming pool: not available
Fitness center/gym: available, a small one
WIFI: free, available throughout the hotel
Business center: not sure

The room
The hotel has 10 floors with rooms from 3rd floor onwards. The top 2 floors are for executive rooms (non-smoking), there are only 4 non-smoking floors. I stayed at an Executive room on 10th floor. It is of the same size as the Deluxe room, but with a sofa and better view on top floors.
I like the room. It is spacious, uncluttered, still with enough storage space, but no desk drawers so it is rather messy. The lighting in the room is too dark to my need, that’s why I always bring a travel desk-lamp with me. The bed is comfortable and I had very good sleep here.
Bathroom is bright and spacious, with a large walk-in shower.

In room facilities
Safe Deposit Box: available
Minibar: available
Ironing board: not available
TV: 42" LCD TV, too few channels. It has NO HBO.
Facial Tissue paper: available
Water kettle: available
Coffee/tea set: available
Shower: walk-in shower
Hair dryer: available
Soap: soap bars

The breakfast
I’ve stayed at various Santika hotels, including 2 other Santika in Surabaya and I must say this one has very disappointing breakfast menu, uninspiring. Many choices, but not as rich as the other Santika. The taste is also ordinary. The large space with bland interior make it worse.

The service
• Helpful service. My colleague and I had the hotel’s car picked us up at the hotel and we had very pleasant conversation with the driver. The reception staff was friendly and responsive. Housekeeping and engineering also did their job well.
• Internet is OK
• Laundry is returned later than promised (6pm). The laundry is delivered smelling really good and at relatively cheap price too.

Room Tip: Room facing East has best view. Get room on floors 6 or higher.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
YayanMulyana, General Manager at Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2016

Dear Paul,
Warm greeting from Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya,

Thank you so much for choosing Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya as your accommodation during your trip to Surabaya. Thank you so much for your compliment regarding our services,

We would like to express our profound apologies for your inconvenience, we deeply regret that few of our facilities did not meet with your expectation.

Once again thank you so much to share your experience during stay with us and we definitely wait for your next trip to Hotel Santika pandegiling Surabaya.

Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

If u want a hotel with a lavish breakfast.. Then this is the hotel that you should check out here in surabaya.. The spread and variety of food is awesome.. The choice from western to asian cuisine.. Yums!!

My Room is clean and spacious.. The Staff is very friendly.. No flaws.. Overall I give 5/5 for my stay..

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
YayanMulyana, General Manager at Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2016

Dear Azwani Sofia A,

Warmest greeting from Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya,
We very much appreciate your best reviews about Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya. We very happy to know that our guest feel the best experience during stay with us. Thank you so much for your compliment regarding our breakfast menu, our staff friendlines also our room.
Once again thank you so much to share your experience during stay with us and we definitely wait for your next trip to Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

I have been here a couple of times. Its reasonably priced and compared with other similarly priced hotel, it has more space. It is an old hotel but very well maintained so its not a problem for me. Excellent food quality and delicious as well. As an indonesian, its rare to find a hotel with tasty, original and good quality of food but Santika delivers.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Irawan W,
Warmest greeting from Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya as your second home during your trip to Surabaya. We proud to know that our guest have great experience during stay with us. Thank you for your compliment regarding our facilities maintained, regarding our food quality with best Indonesian taste.

Reviewed 22 December 2015

No regret at all. I stayed here for 3 days -14-17 dec and enjoyed every minute of my stay here. Bed is very comfortable. Room is big and very clean. Housekeeping staff did a good job. Breakfast international plus traditional Indonesian menus and jamus (herbal drink). Enjoyed your live keroncong and singers performing live. Staff friendly, full of smile n approachable. To name a few - Hendi Bagas, Eka Firman, Yudi, Thomas (Doorman), Concierge staff Dita and Lia are all very helpful, smiling and approachable and trying their best to make guests happy. Night market just across the road from the Hotel. Tunjungan Plaza by taxi abt 10 mins. Appreciate the call for prayers from the surrounding mosques. Loud and clear but being a Muslim it's easy as we can perform our prayers without having to check the right time with reception. Distance is about 1 hour to Juanda Airport and hotel taxi cost 220,000rp and very good service. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Surabaya. Keep up your good service.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank KhatijahTamby
firmanjulianto, Front Office Manager at Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2015

Dear Khatijah,
Warm greeting from Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya,

We very much appreciate your best reviews about Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya. We very happy to know that our guest feel the best experience during stay with us. Thank you so much for your compliment regarding all of our staff, services, products and ambiance of our Hotel.

Once again thank you so much to share your best experience during stay with us and we definitely wait for your next trip to Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya.

Warm regards,

Firman Julianto
Front Office Manager Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya

Reviewed 10 December 2015

I stayed 4 nights in executive room. The room is quite small for executive class. But refers to this hotel which belong to three stars hotel, it seems ok. The hospitality of their staff was excellent. But sadly for the gym, they just provide two treadmill and two fitness bike. :(

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
firmanjulianto, Front Office Manager at Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2015

Dear Ricky W,
Warm greeting from Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya,

Thank you so much for choosing Hotel Santika Pandegiling Surabaya as your accomodations during your trip to Surabaya. Thank you so much for your compliment regarding our staff services,

Firman Julianto