“Pleasant hotel in a rather uninspiring city”
Review of Mercure Surabaya

Mercure Surabaya
Ranked #30 of 136 Hotels in Surabaya
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed here on the way between visiting Bromo and flying to Lombok. The hotel looks good but was a bit sterile for my liking. The room was excellent and comfortable after two nights in basic accomodation (see Arabica Guest House review).

Bit disapointed with the service at the pool bar and was glad I wasn't here for more than a night. Can't complain much though, if you need to stay in Surabaya then you could do much worse.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Sugito A, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

I would like to thank you taking time to complete our guest comment following your recent stay at Mercure Grand Mirama Surabaya.

We were sorry to read that your experience did not meet up to your expectation. Your feedback is very valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our service to better meet your needs. Your comment has been addressed to our Recreation Manager for improvement action.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Mercure Grand Mirama Surabaya.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Nice friendly Hotel, well equipped compact gym, pool area nice. Good Wi-Fi !! All the staff helpful and friendly, especially the smiling breakfast staff...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MickCPerth
Budi W, Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear Mr. Mick,

Greeting from Mercure Surabaya,
Thank you very much for your valuable comment, we welcome you for your next visit.

Best Regards,

1  Thank FandyW

Reviewed 16 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Frans-Denpasar
Sugito A, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Reviewed 26 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank devidevina
Sugito A, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Reviewed 25 April 2012

We have stayed for 2 nights.The room was not so big. breakfast could be better. However convenient location and staff was very helpfull

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank fedupi

Dear Mr. Fedupi,

I would like to thank you for choosing Mercure Surabaya during visit in Surabaya City.

We were delighted to know that you had an exellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comment on the services provided by our staff are most gratifying and has been shared to the whole team.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon in Mercure Surabaya.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel is in a good location, easy to get anything from nearby.

I had a fast check in into a smoking room which I requested but a bit surprise that the room is really smells cigarette(I guess I cannot expect more from a smoking room). The room is quite okay, some areas that bothers me though, the locations of the writing table is right in the middle of the way, bad room smell, no view at all from my room (315), the bathroom is not that clean cos I saw some long hairs on the floor and I know it's not my hair since I have a very short hair, there is a red spot on the bed sheet(thank God I slept only on one side of the bed while the spot is on the other side of the bed), the room is a bit dark, it's not really healthy for reading, many of the staff were relaxing on the bar couch near the lobby in the night maybe because it's already late but was it supposed to be like that? also there were a weird access to the spa cos it's hidden somewhere above the swimming pool. nobody told me the facility of the hotel only the reception told me where to go for breakfast, maybe if I would have known more, I could use some of your facilities. The luggage service is quite a bit slow because from the moment I called for luggage down until I went to the reception for check out, until I was at the drop off area, I still have to wait. Perhaps it's the check out time so maybe they are overwhelmed. These are the things that I would not expect from Mercure Brand.

But there are some good things also,
The staffs are friendly, nice, and helpful, fast check in, good appearance staff, great location, good and polite security.

Will be back to Surabaya definitely but not sure with the experience I had I would go back to Mercure, maybe another time.

Room Tip: better look for high floor, you will get view