Marjoly Beach Resort
Angsana Bintan(Bintan Island)
US$157
US$113
Priceline
Mutiara Beach Guesthouse(Bintan Island)(Great Value!)
US$49
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Panorama(Tanjung Pinang)(Great Value!)
US$16
US$14
US$69
US$60
Priceline
Banyan Tree Bintan(Bintan Island)
US$451
US$323
US$560
US$483
Hotwire.com
US$634
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Staff was friendly and the cabins were fine and clean. However we thought to book a cabin at a low price but to travel from beach resorts ferry you have to keep in mind to pay S$44 extra for one way. We tried to find a cheaper taxi but it was impossible and also sharing a taxi was not possible as the hotel book different taxi's for all guests. There were no other places to go for dinner or a drink nearby the resort. Although the food was ok in the resort we liked to have some more bars and restaurants in the surrounding. It is also not wise for two woman to go for a walk, we did not felt save as man were yelling at us. There is security at the resort, we felt save in the resort itself. If you want to go this quiet place travel to the ferry terminal, not to beach resorts.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have stayed here twice. First off, it really isn't the place for anyone who is picky about one thing or another.

I've found it to be a quiet place away from the crowds. The mattresses here have been pretty good. The staff was friendly. Casuarina trees provided excellent shade when I wanted to be out on a deck chair but not directly under the sun. The staff cleaned my room and changed the bedlinen every morning for me. I found the night sky to be beautifully starry and dark here.

However, there wasn't hot water from the shower head. Expect the food to be simple, even the Indonesian dishes. The food wasn't bad, as in hard to eat, and I even liked some of the dishes, but it wasn't fine dining. There were, of course, mosquitoes around, but not an overwhelming number of them. WiFi was available in the restaurant, but it was not high speed. Occasionally, there were momentary cuts in electric supply that lasted a few seconds. This is a do-nothing place; there are no sea sport facilities on the premises or anything like that.

I had a rather serious problem with my room. The staff lacked the initiative to make things right for me for an entire day, but the manager was decisive and took action as soon as she heard about it. It made a big difference to me, so I hope they can learn from this and maybe even take pre-emptive action in future.

Note that the rooms can be dark, so bring along a reading lamp if you need one. The resort does have deck chair cushions and some bean bags, so it isn't totally basic. Massage services are available, to be done in your room or in one of the open-air beach huts. Other than that, plan your own entertainment. This resort is, by and large, quite decent for what it is.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Its my 2nd time coming to this hotel because I like this resort very much, what I like about this resort is that its truly a resort that is pretty laid back, quiet, 5 steps to beach, natural surrounding with lots of trees and plants, coffee chair and table, English coffee cups, a lot of privacy. Beautiful decoration by the owner, unlike those big commercial hotels where the more rooms and more tourist means more revenue for the hotel and where everyone rushes for morning breakfast n queuing up for check-in at reception, checking into typical hotel rooms and paying hundred of dollar for rooms with seaview. now for the bad, upon arriving from Bandar seri ferry terminal, it will take another 1hr 30mins to reach the resort, and if you travel in the evening, its 2 hours. The hotel staff told me that if I take the ferry to tanjong pinang it will be shorter to travel by car to the resort 1 hour, please don’t ever try…reason is the torturous ferry will will be 2 hours long and ferry ride is bumpy and giddy, it will make u seasick.. length of trip is about the same.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank desmondz
Reviewed February 1, 2014

With 2 small children, the shallow beach was perfect. Staff are friendly. A getaway from the "resort" stereotype.
Not servicing rooms or cleaning bins daily not great at all. It piled up outside our room (incl diapers). Just emptying of bins seems a std service?
Trickle of water in the showers not good. Bathrooms looking worse for wear (open for 2 years, I'm surprised...)
Constant burning of leaves right behind the huts, awful! Couldn't open windows at night as it was so smokey.
Waiting 1.5h for a meals for 4, with some dishes completely wrong. In the end had to double check what was written on the order. Twice dishes were not available but only told us as other dishes were served...

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank kspore
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Resort for 3 days. We found the staff to be caring, attentive and very friendly. Food was great for us - superb omeletes/sandwiches! Especially since we were vegetarians.

Marjoly was everything that it should be - and nothing that it's not meant to be. The staff do their best to accommodate your requirements - you just need to ask.

We did have a few logistic problems - ants in our beds and no hot water but we got the staff to remake our beds every night and they provided buckets of hot water.

It's a simple, feel-good, do-nothing place. The beach is like a moor type of thing by the day and by night you'll be sleeping to the sounds of crashing waves. Very picturesque.

We'd especially grateful to Niah and Rio for all their help. And Neil for helping us with all out queries.

p.s. Love the hammocks!