See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 8, 2015 via mobile

this hotel is the lower price version of sintesa peninsula that located nearby. the room is very standard but with large bathroom, almost as big as the bedroom haha. air conditioner is good, its just that the position is not effective. the lift is very old and only for 4 persons. the breakfast is not good enough, lack variation and have no fruits and juice. Not really recommend this but as last resort it is quite good because the price is good.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Good points
- Central location
- Change our booking without fuss when I had booked the wrong dates
- Good bathroom and shower

Bad points
- Generally not very clean
- Very basic, but you get what you pay for
- Wasn't very keen on the breakfast selection

Would not go back here again. Would spend a bit more money and try somewhere else.

Date of stay: September 2013
1  Thank xseahorsex
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Room was clean except for a single peanut under the bed which attracted 3 ants. The bed was big and very comfortable. So for the price we were very satisfied. We had some difficulties in Manado since our homestay on Siladen had overbooked (Tante Martha) and as a result we needed to reorganize our trip. We got a lot of help from the staff at Griya Sintesa where we were staying for only one night. They called different homestays for us, helped with transport etc etc.

Date of stay: August 2013
2  Thank Merlin K
Reviewed March 13, 2013

You cannot expect same level with Sintesa Peninsula just behind !! You will have an honnest offer for the price. I have stayed 10 days in Griya Sintesa in July 2012. My room and bathroom were clean, my A/C was working well. It was very quiet place. Breakfast is free (it's always the samething every morning) but I strongly suggest you wake up early and try the market !! They also offer free wifi in the lobby, you just need to ask for passcode in the restaurant.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank matlocas
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I wouldn't say it is that poor. To me, the hotel is between poor & average. But I don't think I'll ever stay there again if I ever come back.

Considering it is a hotel in the city, I find the room ammenities poor. Bedroom is just basic & bathroom is terrible. When we arrived, the toilet flush didn't work. But the hotel did send people to fix it.

Unless you are really on budget, I think maybe worth trying other places.

Location is quite good. Walking distance to a big supermarket. If you want to go to shopping mall, got to walk longer.

Date of stay: January 2012