All reviewsbudget accommodationroom service ismineral waterfried ricechinese food
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

I will definitely come here again!!!

Comfortable yet affordable hotel in the city centre.

I stayed here for 3 nights in the Royal room. The room is clean and spacious. Clean mattress and pillow (it smell nice). As a Muslim, I need some clean and enough space for me to perform my daily prayer. The room provided me the space and such cleanliness.

The hot shower is also good. I have no problem taking my shower in the early morning.

They also give you free breakfast. Yet there are not much option during breakfast, so I decide to take breakfast somewhere else.

The room service is also great. The food taste nice, with affordable price.

Lastly, you should know that the hotel provide FREE shuttle service to and from Stasiun Medan. Great right? As I enjoy riding GoJek in Medan, but free service is never been better right?

I only wish, if the hotel can provide a mini bar (small fridge) in the room so I can store my Yakult, yogurt and mineral water.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Emi B
Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

This hotes is located around shopping complex, behind swissbel inn. It makes traffic jam when office hour. At night, the street front of hotel is like mini china town with mostly non halal food.

I booked royal room. Large room with new renovation, large tv, and quite clean water. There is no window. Light breakfast with bread, chicken soup, and scrambled egg.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank yudhiarek
Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here last minute for one night and wouldn't recommend longer unless you have one of the newer rooms. I booked a delux room.

Positives
- breakfast included an omelette although basic
- air conditioner worked
- location close to Tong a Fui Mansion
- cheap
- comfortable bed
- hot water

Negatives
- Requested non smoking - got a room which clearly was an old smoking room with ash tray.
- The fan in the toilet and drain stank and kept wafting smells all night.
- Very worn down room, towels and linen
- toiletries provided didn't include toilet paper
- noisy from corridor - thin door
- shower head mouldy

From reading other reviews and looking at looking at the rest of the hotel I think rooms vary and therefore experiences do too. I didn't have the energy to ask to change rooms as I was too exhausted from travelling but I would advise to ask to see the room first so you know what you are getting.

I would give it a second chance but enquires to see room first and ask for a newer one.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

Located in central area. Foods is all around selat panjang street. This is china town with various of chinese foods non halal. Our rooms at royal was good, and it cost at reasonable money. Good for budget traveller. You can order shuttle airport with common price. The coffee at the bar is quite good. Breakfast as simple Indonesians meals.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2016

Spent two night there...it is in a good location..lots of food stalls or restaurant around and in walking distance to Grand Mosque...around 15 mins....but hotel is just bit above average nothing special but very cheap so good for travellers on budget. Rooms are cleaned but bugs are common.

Room Tip: Go for a most expensive rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends