Review Highlights
Amazing 2D/1N experience

I didn't plan to climb Mt Rinjani during my travel in Indonesia but it turned out to be the most... read more

Reviewed October 5, 2018
Line S
The most amazing experience in Lombok!

We did the Rinjani trekking back in 2016 and it was the best part of our trip in Indonesia. Rudy's... read more

Reviewed August 1, 2018
Nicolas R

All reviews other companies hot shower crater rim mount rinjani trekking shoes food was amazing spring rolls private speed boat tough climb hot springs email correspondence trekking experience hard work every meal camping spots take care amazing trip
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

We did the 4D 3N trek which was just nice. 3D would have been too tiring. The guides Vicky and Usman were really helpful and patient. The food was good with dessert of fruits included.

Antuk helped us during the confusing and difficult period when our flight was canceled due to the Mt Agung eruption.

2  Thank Timothy N
Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

My friends and I did a 3D2N trek with Rudy after recommendation from a friend. Rudy's guides Osman and Famsi, together with the 6 porters that came with us provided top notch service to us throughout the hike. Osman was particularly encouraging towards us even though our fitness were not very good and kept motivating us to continue whereas Famsi is the cheeky funny guide. Both lent my friends and I a hand when we were struggling during parts of the hike, especially during the summit climb which was a torture. They ensured our safety throughout the hike and were always quick to render a hand to us. The food served by Rudy was scrumptious and every meal was different, other than the beautiful scenery along the way mealtimes was the next highlight! The porters even carried foldable table and chairs for us as well as did up a makeshift toilet for us, making our experience a fantastic one. Thank you Rudy for an unforgettable memorable time during our hike (:

Date of experience: October 2017
3  Thank wanderlust_mee
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

I think Rudy Trekker is really expensive. There are some perks - transportation before and after the trek, a small mattress in the tent, acceptable food for the 3d (the food in the guest house is terrible). The guide seemed not very interested in guiding us. The porters were great and ended up suffering from the lack of final tip. All the other companies also offer good tents and "bathroom". The guides from other companies were nicer and found tones of other people that payed half of what we did and had better service. We never got the best camping spots, we were alone tones of times (no guide to be seen around us...) well, really expensive for the service. There are for sure better options for this value...

1  Thank Priscielle H
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

We decided to use Rudy Trekker to do the 3D2N. It was the most expensive choice but we thought it would be a much better experience (the cost was more than double the price from basic companies). I felt that the food was better than most of the companies I saw over there (not in the hotel, where the food was worse than bad) , but our guide service was very poor. He was never with us and when he was he was always pushing us to go fast. He was not very nice, didn't speak much... sometimes disappeared and was always smoking cigarettes. Our tent was ok but all the tents were (even the cheaper services) The hotel was ok but the bathroom was full of bugs (even a scorpion) and the shower was clogged. I really think that the difference of price does not justify the perks and commodity of booking with this company. Charging an outrageous price with the excuse of the negative environmental footprint, in my opinion, is not something that makes much sense. This should come naturally and be mandatory for every company. However, if you have an environmental conscience like us, there are other companies that also give this service: cheaper! The transport to gili air and the hot shower after the trek was good and much appreciated! Hope this helps other travellers to make a good choice and not overspend in something unnecessarily!

3  Thank inescroftmoura
Reviewed November 12, 2017

Although Rudy trekkers was slightly more expensive than most other companies, in the long run it was absolutely worth it. They were so accommodating with all our needs from the moment they sent the car 3.5 hours away to pick us up. They provided us all the extra warm clothes we needed for the trek, including shoes. They gave us a free night in their hotel which was gorgeous and had an amazing pool. The entire trek was well organised with great food, tents and sleeping bags. The staff in the hotel and on the trek were happy, smiling and supportive.

I would highly recommend Rudy Trekker to anyone planning to climb Mount Rinjani.

2  Thank vasundaras2017