All reviews peeling paint fridge and microwave staff was friendly carlsbad walmart tub rates
Reviewed October 17, 2017

First let me say that the Front Desk Clerk named Sammie was the friendliest person there. Location for where I was going while in Artesia and the government rates are the only reason I stayed here. If I ever have to go to Artesia again, I will pay the extra money to stay elsewhere. The room was decent except that the TV only got half of the channels, roaches in the bathroom, and the one day I wanted maid service, they couldn't even clean out the coffee maker. The night and morning desk clerks need to go, totally worthless. The night clerk watches TV or is outside smoking, she's very rude and when I told her about an issue she just laughed. The morning clerk is also rude. She shows up with her boyfriend / husband and feeds him at the breakfast counter. Guests have to pay for it and its not that good of a breakfast in the first place, but this guy gets to eat for free. Half of the equipment in the guy is broken. This could really be a nice place if they would get rid of worthless workers and remodel a bit

Room tip: Go elsewhere
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2017

For some reason we were given the handicapped room which smelled terrible. I don't know if this was becaused I booked online though a booking service but I am not disabled and shoud not have been even considered for this room. I definitely did not asked doe this type room. The girl at the desk was very unfriendly. Breakfast was okay, But next time someone gives me a room like this I will definitely object and request a standard room. Thankfully we only stayed one night!

Room tip: Don't take the handicapped rooms they smell terrible!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Made reservations for TWO rooms for TWO nights one week prior.
Upon arrival we were checked in efficiently and politely. Took our keys and bags to our assigned room:
While walking to room a lady (complete stranger) stopped me to tell me she had no hot water. We continued on and noticed the facility smelled like a sewer. I opened the door to our assigned room to find it filthy! Bath/shower was 1/4 full of black water and filled with black tightly curled black hair FILLED! Two cockroaches and it smelled like a sewer. I gagged and returned to front desk- after telling a different person (suspect it was the shift manager) she told me the maid was supposed to clean that room two days ago!!!!!!’
We told them we were leaving and left.
10000000% discussing and sickening experience

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2017

On a recent trip we booked a room here. Our room was as described with a comfy bed and clean, well kept bathroom. The breakfast accommodations were great! My only and biggest disappointment was that we came in June, 110 degrees and the long anticipated pool was not open yet!!! Come on folks!!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

I rated our stay as average for several reasons. First off let me start by saying I've worked in the hotel industry for several years and I am aware of all hotel procedures, do's/don'ts, etc. I'd like to talk now about customer service and the staff. Everyone for the most part was very accommodating. There was one instance that I had to ask for the same thing 3 times before receiving it. However everyone was friendly or at least cordial. As far as the state of the room on a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 7. The furniture could be updated and the bathroom tub is in severe need of replacement. Also maybe think about updating to central air and heat where the thermostat is controlled on the wall. From experience this will save alot of money for your hotel in the long run. The breakfast was decent. I would say to add more fruit and healthy options. The majority of the population now is consumed by eating healthy nd staying fit. Which brings me to the fitness center. The gym was perfect. Thank you for having a 24 hour fitness area. The laundry area was very convenient too, but one of the dryers was out of order. Other than that everything was great.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ashley T
Sammie V, General Manager at Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback...................we work hard to give everyone a pleasant stay. The things you mentioned will be looked into.