All reviews dining room men and women different levels indoor pool breakfast and dinner kosher food salad two nights an upgrade kibbutz life tour group one night stay buffet style comfortable rooms luxury hotel northern israel wonderful stay
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

We loved this hotel so much the food was beautiful our room was so nice clean and big with a fabulous ground floor balcony staff were pleasant and helpful would highly recommend only wished we had longer than a one night stay

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Mordechay G, Guest Relations Manager at Kibbutz Lavi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

Thanks for your review and for recommending us to others. You are always welcome to visit us again.

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

During our tour of Israel we stopped off for one night. Our stay was excellent. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable no problem sleeping. The food for both evening meal and breakfast was the best we had throughout our tour. Fresh well prepared and plentiful we could not fault it. Our only complaint was that we only had one night there. We recommend the hotel to anyone and would definitely consider booking to stay for several nights if we return to Israel. Thanks to everyone at the kibbutz

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review. We will definitely be happy to see you again on your next visit to Israel.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

There are four standards of rooms in Hotel Lavi. Last time we stayed in the second level called Eden, which was very nice, but lacked a balcony, although the view over the hills was stunning. While we were there we saw them building the new wing Hod, and I was determined to book into the newest section this time, so we did. Hod rooms are bright and modern, with large balconies. I would have liked a table on the balcony as well as the two chairs supplied, so that I could sit out there and work. I liked the lion motif on the bathroom tiled floor as Lavi means a lioness. The bathroom facilities were fine, and I must say that every decent hotel should have a magnifying mirror on an extending arm, for us ladies to do our makeup by, and this hotel had one. The lighting in the bathroom was excellent for makeup too. A hairdryer was supplied. I like baths rather than showers and I did find the tub a little cramped. I fitted into it fine, but I do like to luxuriate in a bit more spacious tub. Dead Sea mineral toiletries were supplied. The bedroom had a wood look floor of a good quality; it didn't look like vinyl. My room had a spacious couch and nice cushions, from which I could watch the flat screen TV. One word about the TV; we were supplied a channel guide, (paper) just to show what number channel was what, but the onscreen guide was missing so I had no idea what movie I was watching. I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult for a techie to install that information on the remote control.

The room had a small fridge (no mini bar thank heavens; a fridge I could actually use!) and ample closet space and a safe. My box of tissues by my bed was almost empty; that was a fail, in my opinion and something easily checked by staff. There were plenty of extra pillows in the wardrobe. All in all, aside from the empty tissue box and slightly small bathtub, I was very happy with my room. There was enough lighting and the view was good.

I don't know if this is me, but this trip I wasn't as crazy about the food as I was last time. I liked the plentiful salads, and varieties of cheeses, eggs and breads on offer for breakfast, and the salads reappeared for dinner, but the actual main courses for dinner, I found boring and rather too kibbutz-like. I like my food to look as if it has just been cooked fresh, not sitting around in hot dishes. And if it has to be like this, served buffet style, maybe a bit more variety would be good, especially with the fish. I didn't want to eat meat or chicken every night but the fish dishes looked even more stewed than the meat and chicken dishes and put me off. The "pargiot" (boneless chicken thighs" served on the Wednesday we arrived were delicious and juicy, but on Thursday night I couldn't find any choices that appealed to me. As I said, it's probably just me, most people love the food there, and certainly my husband wasn't complaining. Desserts were always cakes, with some whole fruits in a bowl. Again, same-y. The best meal of the day was definitely breakfast. Tons of salads and eggs of all kinds, breads, jams, pancakes burekes, the choices were endless. I think a hotel like this, which is attracting more and more international visitors now, including non Jews from all over, needs to up its game with regards to the meat and chicken dishes. They reminded me of rather high end yeshiva (college) food rather than hotel food.

I love the pool there; it's huge and has separate times for men and women as well as joint times.

All in all we had a lovely four night break including a wonderful Shabbat. They are amazing over Shabbat; every religious requirement for the day of rest is thought of and taken care of including automatic timers for the lights in the bedrooms and the elevators go into Shabbat mode which means they stop at each floor automatically so no violation of our holy day has to take place by using them.

I wouldn't stay there for much longer than three or four days, I'd be climbing the walls as there isn't a great deal to do and I hate sitting around doing nothing. We walked around the kibbutz, visited the livestock area and the flower gardens. We went to the BIG shopping center about 7km down the road towards Tiberias, and we went to the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee and took a self drive boat out, which was stunning, but aside from that, and Tiberias itself, I personally couldn't think of anything else to do.

Visitors return again and again to Hotel Lavi, and they are constantly upgrading their rooms, the Hod section is worthy of a good four star hotel. I just think the main dishes of the dinners need to be more hotel like and less kibbutz like.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your detailed review. The comments about the food have been forwarded to our food & beverage manager. It seems that you are not aware of the fact that we have a tour councelor who always has plenty of suggestions for things to do in our region. I warmly recommend to consult him on your next visit here.

Reviewed November 4, 2017

Our tour itinerary indicated that we would be staying two nights at the Kibbutz Lavi Hotel. Given that it is a kibbutz, I expected basic. Basic word have been fine, but this was disgusting. The drapes were torn, the toilet didn’t flush properly, and the bathroom door was rotted. The closet did not have any hangers and when I asked for some, we got old, bent white wire hangers, the kind you get from the dry cleaners. Overall, the room was dirty and dilapidated.

One day we came back after a long day and there were no towels in the room at all. I dialed reception and housekeeping about 30 times before I could reach someone to bring towels.

I heard that some rooms have been renovated, but if you get a room that has not been, you will not be happy.

Breakfast and dinner were fine. The staff was not always nice. Usually you had to chase a server to get coffee in the morning and on one occasion the waitress refused to give me coffee because I was not in her section.

Room Tip: get only a renovated room
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Mordechay G, Guest Relations Manager at Kibbutz Lavi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

We are extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As you can see your negative experience was quite exceptional. A vast majority of our guests leave the hotel very satisfied, some even enthusiastic. Your agent reserved our cheapest option for rooms and we agree that they should stand up to the guests' anticipations of a standard hotel room - which is what they do. Our hosekeeping management has taken your complaint seriously and will shortly inspect all the rooms thoroughly in order to find out what went wrong in your case.
We are sure that if you choose to visit us again you will enjoy our high standard and friendly "home-style" atmosphere like almost all our guests do.

Reviewed October 26, 2017

The Kibbutz Lavi Hotel is situated in nice grounds and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are modern, clean and very comfortable. Breakfast is good and there is a good selection of food at buffet dinner. Wine was reasonably priced. The evening lecture on kibbutz life and the history of this kibbutz was very informative. The hotel is popular with groups and families. The hotel had good wifi.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple