See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 30, 2015

Greaqt place for families to get together. The price is good so a big family can enjoy staying there. Their is a bunch of activities and shopping close by. Great view of the lake Kineret. Close to the boardwalk.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2015 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised, I stayed at the hotel. The location is good, the room was clean and the staff were very friendly. The rate is good, if you are 4 people you can also stay in 1 room which makes it economical.
Most of the day is spent out touring so for the night and breakfast it is perfect. Would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2015

Tiberias is not exactly a town where your shekel will go a long way when it comes to the quality of hotels. Since Hotel Aviv is one of the cheaper options (though not that cheap!), we weren't expecting much in the way of luxury. The rooms were fairly clean, but pretty worn. Spots on the wall, cracks in the ceiling, stains on the towels, but no fresh dirt or anything. The bathroom smelled a bit funny, probably because there is no ventilation in there at all. The shower head was a bit of a problem, as it kept falling out of its fixture. I would have given it three out of five stars if it hadn't been for the rudeness and utter unhelpfulness of the staff. I wouldn't recommend it -- it is probably worth it to spend a little extra money and to be in a more comfortable and friendly place.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anerev211
Reviewed June 2, 2015

Family of 6 - stayed in the hotel building up the block not the hostel on the corner. We took 2 -three bedrooms, Room 101 & 108. 101 has a Jacuzzi (great shower pressure), kitchenette with microwave, hot plate and a small fridge/freezer - not a mini, comfortable beds and plenty of closet place for all our clothing and luggage. We had a very large shared porch with a great view overlooking the Kineret. (You could entertain 20+ for a dinner) Sunrise in the morning cannot be beat. 108 was the same on the shady side of the building with a small private porch & small fridge. It's not the Luxury of the Leonardo, but was very comfortable, clean and provided what we needed for half the price. The staff were extremely helpful. Best was Dovid, who we called among ourselves Sabah (grandpa). We showed up this past Saturday night/Sunday at 1:30 AM after the place we booked & confirmed with another travel adviser didn't have anyone waiting for us at midnight and kept us waiting (I won't get started), but this turned out to be a much better location and much nicer. Dovid helped us in with all the kids, got us settled and then took care of the booking details and other needs and services. He was really exceptional. It's right near the old city ruins, walking distance to the water, holy sites and local restaurant and shopping. Although we had a van, you can take taxis and buses to get to most sites within the area and do not need a car for a 2 day trip. Duvie, Wesley Hills, NY.
P.S. Use the the Secured WIFI access not the free one.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2015

There is some confusion about this place. I stayed at the the one right on the corner, again. Just like last time. booking.com had this place here:

I booked a private room with private bath just like my last visit in 2011 and this time they gave me a room with not only a view of the Kinneret, but a balcony as well. And now they have flat screen TV, not that most will understand enough Hebrew. But the location is awesome, the view is awesome, and the bathroom is huge comparatively.

Still have free parking, free WiFi, and everything else that I loved about it in 2011. I would definitely stay here again. As for the staff, well, they do not treat you like you are spending over $100 per night, why would they? You're only spending $50 a night for a private room with an awesome location and awesome roomy room. The best value I have found in all of Israel.

I added another three pictures, one of the building and the other two of the view from my room with a balcony.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo