All reviews minute walk downhill quiet neighborhood the staff was friendly and helpful place to stay comfortable bed galilee area sea of galilee breakfast and dinner lake sleeping
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Astoria Tiberias for about 3 days with my group during our Taglit Birthright trip, and we had a terrible experience. The staff was the major issue, since they were very rude to us since the moment we got there, i had never seen such behavior in a hotel staff before. The bedroom cleaning service was also a problem, since the maids would burst into our room very early in the morning when we were asleep or even getting dressed, and without knocking. About the accommodations, the air conditioning in my room wasn’t functioning appropriately and my complaints weren’t taken seriously by the staff, the towels they’d hand us in had stains on them and the safe in the room was also not working. They also wouldn’t habd us in more than one key per room, even though there were sometimes 3 people per room. Some of the people in my group reported stollen goods and attempts to break into luggage locks. I wish no other Taglit Birthright group would ever have to go through what we went through, and also no solo travelers as well.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank CristinaC3577
Reviewed July 5, 2018

We spent two nights in this hotel with our tour group.
The rooms are basic with nice beds and a good working aircon, breakfast and dinner were nice and plentiful.
Unfortunately the pool hours are only from 4-7pm and the rules are plentiful, no jumping, no diving, no running..... the walls are covered. It would have been nice to have a separate pool towel provided by the “lifesaver” with a whistle!
Check in and out was quick and easy for our group of 27.
The hotel was a good 20 minute walk down hill to the lakeshore.

Room Tip: Don’t expect a thrown if you’re paying penuts.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

visited this comfortable hotel
Located nearby the center of the city.
Clean modern rooms.
Dinner was tasty.
The staff is friendly and willing to help
I would love to stay in this hotel during my next visit in the srea.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

I have paid extra for a single room and it was the most awful room I ever stayed in. Looked like very old and out of date student dormitory. Bathroom.. oh...You don’t want to see it and use it, tiles are falling away and cracking under your foot. View: to the backyard, abandoned building and lot of trash on the ground. Dust and rust in the so called wardrobe.
Food was ok, but stuff in the restaurant have no idea about serving clients. I took a plate from the open shelf, and didn’t know that it was not for a breakfast- waiter took it from my hand and said me rudely: ” this isn’t for you!”.

Some rooms are renovated in this hotel, but you can never know if you will get the room from the old side or a new one, there is no difference in a price.
All over, under the average , dirty, dated and cheap place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank danielvL2860QK
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Our tour guide told us, that there is a new cook. Otherwise the agency would not have booked this hotel again. So the food was ok and plenty and the rooms looked newly renovated. But through the doors you could hear everything, the paint was hardly covering the worse parts and we had a dreary room with a back view on some air conditioning machines that we could hear at night. In the surrounding you don´t find much variety except you walk down to the lake where are some more noble hotels right on the promenade. But we stayed there only for sleeping and dinner. During day we were on the road so it was acceptable.

Room Tip: We do not really know but it seems that the upper rooms are more quiet
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple